Cup Poll.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you think Vancouver will win the Cup this year? No qualifications.

Yes.
41%
No.
59%

Total votes: 44

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Cup Poll.

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not sure what Kassian is supposed to do when AV refuses to put him out with the twins. I realize the young man does have some growing up to do but he looksed damned good playing with them at the beginning of the year, yet AV yanked him off the line for no apparent reason. I say put them back together but deploy them with Garrison and Hamhuis as often as possible because i could see them being a bit sketchy defensively.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Higgins Roy Raymond
Sestito Lappy Weise

call up Schroeder for the playoffs and at time insert him into the lineup and slide one of Kesler or Roy to the wing and load up the 2nd line. It is too bad Booth got hurt because it gives the team top 9 depth if nothing else when he is in the lineup. This is why I am pissed at Eye Bags for not acquiring more depth up front and on the back end. Fucking Ryan O Byrne went for a 4th rounder. He is big, RH and a lot better player than Alberts, Joslin or Barker. This team bows out early and Eye Bags has some serious explaining to do. I think he thought he had Clowe in the bag and therefore didn't pursue any other help up front. There is NO excuse for not picking up depth on the back end.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:I still think separate lines, then together on the powerplay.
pussy-to-asshole ratio balanced
Maybe, but ya know it just ain't gonna happen. I expect a full on onslaught on the Sedins, like what Dustin Brown did, Duncan Keith did and Brad Marchand did and humiliation like what Thornton did to them. It's a given, cause teams look at our line-up and fear nothing. Dale 'my head is a punching bag' Weise? Zack 'Dustin Disappear Penner' Kassian? Are you kidding me? What we need is David 'and we forgive them that trespass against us' Booth. Or Keith 'Napolean Complex' Ballard.
They still are a more physical option than a Sedin. Zack can throw em. Weise and Booth can hit, Ballard has his hip check.

2 Sedins on 1 line with Burrows is an easily intimidated line. Spread out the wimpy and we at least can have a chance of standing up to it.
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not sure what Kassian is supposed to do when AV refuses to put him out with the twins. I realize the young man does have some growing up to do but he looksed damned good playing with them at the beginning of the year, yet AV yanked him off the line for no apparent reason. I say put them back together but deploy them with Garrison and Hamhuis as often as possible because i could see them being a bit sketchy defensively.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Kesler Hansen
Higgins Roy Raymond
Sestito Lappy Weise

call up Schroeder for the playoffs and at time insert him into the lineup and slide one of Kesler or Roy to the wing and load up the 2nd line. It is too bad Booth got hurt because it gives the team top 9 depth if nothing else when he is in the lineup. This is why I am pissed at Eye Bags for not acquiring more depth up front and on the back end. Fucking Ryan O Byrne went for a 4th rounder. He is big, RH and a lot better player than Alberts, Joslin or Barker. This team bows out early and Eye Bags has some serious explaining to do. I think he thought he had Clowe in the bag and therefore didn't pursue any other help up front. There is NO excuse for not picking up depth on the back end.
Ya I agree. He spent all his time on cheeseburger and let the rest of the league cash in on all the rentals.

Clowe would've been a perfect addition. O'Byrne as well. This team needs some balls
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Out of curiosity....why didn't we pick Jussi Jokinen off of waivers? The guy has been a great pick up for Pittsburgh. He has 3 points tonight and it's not because he plays with Crosby, Malkin or Neal as they're all injured...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

All will be forgiven if they get into the final 4 UDL. If not though Gillis will really have his feet to the fire for some his (non) moves. Or we could just have a daily tantrum on a message board and saturate our clothes and bedsheets with piss.

I prefer to let the season play out .....but hey I am not 9 years old.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I know I've been snivelling about how they lose of late but it definitely possible they just aren't engaged for these basically meaningless games like the teams that have seemingly had their way with us. Veteran teams know when to crank it up and this team has shitloads of playoff experience.

I should sit on the curb, eat some natchos and chill the fuck out I guess...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

UDL, it's pretty evident Clowe wanted to play closer to home and have a shot at an extension, plus San Jose would much rather have him play in the East. Same with O'Byrne, why would Colorado help the Canucks?

Plus if you have a 4th on the table from the Canucks and from the leaves which one would you take if you're Colorado? I wouldn't want to pay much more than that for a 6-7th dman.

As far as Jokinen goes there are roster limits, contract limits, cap implications not just for this year but next year. My guess is its was the later that hindered our chances of grabbing Jussi. We can't be over next seasons cap until the offseason where we have some leeway. IIRC. Can't remember the exact term for this.

There just wasn't a lot of moves to be made this year, the standings were too tight and no one in the West wants to help any other team succeed.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I know I've been snivelling about how they lose of late but it definitely possible they just aren't engaged for these basically meaningless games like the teams that have seemingly had their way with us. Veteran teams know when to crank it up and this team has shitloads of playoff experience.

I should sit on the curb, eat some natchos and chill the fuck out I guess...
This is the one notion I'm holding on to..... probably foolishly though.

... pass dem natchos...
2011..... the one that got away.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Aaronp18 wrote:UDL, it's pretty evident Clowe wanted to play closer to home and have a shot at an extension, plus San Jose would much rather have him play in the East. Same with O'Byrne, why would Colorado help the Canucks?

Plus if you have a 4th on the table from the Canucks and from the leaves which one would you take if you're Colorado? I wouldn't want to pay much more than that for a 6-7th dman.

As far as Jokinen goes there are roster limits, contract limits, cap implications not just for this year but next year. My guess is its was the later that hindered our chances of grabbing Jussi. We can't be over next seasons cap until the offseason where we have some leeway. IIRC. Can't remember the exact term for this.

There just wasn't a lot of moves to be made this year, the standings were too tight and no one in the West wants to help any other team succeed.
I thought SJ were prepared to ship him to either Van or NYR. I can definitely understand if he wants to stay close to the Rock but he had mentioned he would've liked to play under AV again. He fit here well. Too bad...

I was wondering about Jokinen. He seemed like a good fit for us and there had to be another reason we didn't bite.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Elliotte Friedman actually compared Jokinen to Mason Raymond (a speedy winger who can play center, is defensively responsible, etc).

He actually made a comment before the deadline that Ray Shero loves versatile players like that - mentioned Raymond specifically - but that so did the Canucks and they were unlikely to move a player who can play down the middle.

Obviously Shero ended up biting on that other player and getting a pretty good deal on him to boot.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Raymond has also filled in on the PP point.

I could see Dallas making an offer if Raymond is available this off season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:Raymond has also filled in on the PP point.

I could see Dallas making an offer if Raymond is available this off season.

Is that the 23rd best power play unit in the league? I like Raymond (esp for $2.5 mil /season) but his contribution to a horrible power play doesn't add to his value.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No it was the the PP rank near the top of the league the two previous seasons. I don't if he has been utilized on the point this season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Arachnid wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Personally I think there is a point where you can over think it. I am a west coast expat Canadian I fuckin hate and mistrust everything east of the Purcell mountains and west of penzance... I am not even quite sure about the peace river country either...I hear there are far too many oiler fans up there...

Anyway, of course the Canucks will win the Stanley cup this year and anyone who suggests otherwise is either a leaf fan or just as bad.

That's the official party line and you damn right that's what separates the band wagoners from real fans.

You all wanna be realistic and pretend you know what your talking about show me the big pile o cash you won from betting on the kings last year....
Me thinks that those that Thought and had Faith don't wan't to get burned by their lover/Team from 2011....

That's understandable, we are all still hurting from that Final series...we should have won it, it was ours to win...

You make the most valid point Lor, you are either Fanatic about it or not. I mean if you think they have no chance then don't watch or post about it but if you Think they might have a chance, no matter how thin, then that means you have some Faith in them and that with a little puck luck (or a lot in the case of Alberts & Baltard) they could actually pull it off this year...
This is right fucking on!Yes yes yes. it is not about stats or who the fuck did what and when. This is a spiritual quest and ye of little fucking faith can go eat your bowels with salsa motherfuckers. This is about the West End, University Heights, Kerrisdale and the East End. Whitespot, Burrard Inlet, the 9 o'clock gun and fish and chips on Locarno. Don Lever, Stan Smyl, Dennis V, Rick Lanz, Kearns, Suitcase Smith, Tiger, Fraser puching the shit out of O'Reilly in Boston, Marchand ragdolling Daniel, Keith the filthy piece of shit may he die in pain, the corner, and on and on and on and on.

If you do not believe you will not get the orgasm I will when I am FINALLY right, and that may be the biggest spiritual loss of all.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

damonberryman wrote: This is right fucking on!Yes yes yes. it is not about stats or who the fuck did what and when. This is a spiritual quest and ye of little fucking faith can go eat your bowels with salsa motherfuckers. This is about the West End, University Heights, Kerrisdale and the East End. Whitespot, Burrard Inlet, the 9 o'clock gun and fish and chips on Locarno. Don Lever, Stan Smyl, Dennis V, Rick Lanz, Kearns, Suitcase Smith, Tiger, Fraser puching the shit out of O'Reilly in Boston, Marchand ragdolling Daniel, Keith the filthy piece of shit may he die in pain, the corner, and on and on and on and on.

If you do not believe you will not get the orgasm I will when I am FINALLY right, and that may be the biggest spiritual loss of all.
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

That is the most Tony fuckin Robbins thing I've read in a while! I have seen the light (thanks man ;) )

On my way ^up^ to change my vote!