Page 1 of 495

Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:39 pm
by SKYO
Random tidbits/info/news for our Canucks...
I found it difficult on where to put small news like Vandermeer being sent down, Schroeder being called up, so I made this thread, so now...

It appears Kassians thumping of Eager has given him a concussion. :thumbs:
Ben eager out with concussion after kassian fight
https://twitter.com/TEAM1040/status/294195180150599680
*found a pic!

Image

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm
by rats19
maybe next time he wont be so....eager :idea:

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm
by ukcanuck
Toughness in the corners lol

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm
by Hockey Widow
If Kassian can bring that game plus click with the twins then what a great pick up he will be. Next time someone wants to use Dank's head as a punching bag it will be nice to have a Zack attack as a follow up.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:05 pm
by SKYO
Hockey Widow wrote:If Kassian can bring that game plus click with the twins then what a great pick up he will be. Next time someone wants to use Dank's head as a punching bag it will be nice to have a Zack attack as a follow up.
I really hope Kassassin can stay with the twins for all eternity, he needs those minutes to thrive!

Time for a Kassian jersey! :D

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:56 am
by CrzyCanuck
Wished Kassian was here when that little pos Marchand visited Vancouver.

But ffs I don't know what Daniel was thinking back then, even a well-tempered Ohlund would respond in some way (see Koivu)

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am
by Jovocop
CrzyCanuck wrote:Wished Kassian was here when that little pos Marchand visited Vancouver.

But ffs I don't know what Daniel was thinking back then, even a well-tempered Ohlund would respond in some way (see Koivu)
Daniel probably did not want to take a penalty for retaliation. Don't you remember that the Bruins can kill people without getting a 2 minutes penalty? As for the Canucks, they could get a penalty for sneezing... :evil:

I really like the idea of having Kassian on the Sedins line. He provides that extra grit and toughness than Burrows can never deliver.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:16 am
by The Brown Wizard
3 rounds of heads snapping back embarassed the refs enough where it had to be a mortal blow to get the call.
The Canucks reaped what they sowed you could say...

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:46 am
by griz
Don't you remember that the Bruins can kill people without getting a 2 minutes penalty?
That made me burst out laughing. :drink:
I really like the idea of having Kassian on the Sedins line. He provides that extra grit and toughness than Burrows can never deliver.
A fearsome big guy with skill? Perfect! The Sedins haven't been that protected in a long time (Bertuzzi). It's real nice to see the calm touch Kassian has with the puck. The kids got talent! I think his confidence is soaring right now and we're just starting to see some of his potential.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:32 pm
by Arachnid
rats19 wrote:maybe next time he wont be so....eager :idea:
Eager was ConKassianed, love that comment...

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm
by Jovocop
Uncle dans leg wrote:3 rounds of heads snapping back embarassed the refs enough where it had to be a mortal blow to get the call.
The Canucks reaped what they sowed you could say...
To be fair, it is a chicken and egg situation. If the zebras actually called penalties like they should, there might not be any head snapping or diving to begin with.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 pm
by Jovocop
Would Daniel be included??
TEAM Radio‏@TEAM1040

Mike Gillis says Canucks will incorporate MMA training more and more with specific players. "really like the outcome", says GMMG.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:19 pm
by SKYO
Jovocop wrote:Would Daniel be included??
TEAM Radio‏@TEAM1040

Mike Gillis says Canucks will incorporate MMA training more and more with specific players. "really like the outcome", says GMMG.
MG trying to turn Kass into Jon Jones.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:53 pm
by Hockey Widow
Manny out of the line up against the Ducks tonight. At home as his wife gave birth to their first son. Lappy with a minor groin issue expected to dress.

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:36 pm
by SKYO
Hockey Widow wrote:Manny out of the line up against the Ducks tonight. At home as his wife gave birth to their first son. Lappy with a minor groin issue expected to dress.
Ebbett so sneaky putting holes in condoms now. ;)