Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Arachnid »

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:In this new Dead Puck era they are 10 points off the leading scorer too (contracts that are much higher) :shock:
Funny - I was looking at this last night and they've slid right into the top 20 and (like you say) to be only 10 points out? Great job.

Maybe next year, pauser.... :roll:
If they went on a mad scoring streak with Kickassian they could both share the Art Ross (and Poser would have to post a pic of him/her wearing a diaper!) :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

It strikes me, given the stats and all, that Pauser just maybe is disguised as a Van fan but it really a troll from the flatlands. What a load of bollocks. If you do not appreciate what the Sedins bring then move to Boston you dumb ass
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Henrik and Daniel have quietly put together an excellent campaign.

If only Daniel could still score goals...if Daniel's shooting percentage this season was at his career average he'd have 6 more goals and they'd be full on point a game players this season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ha ha ha ha . What a shock the mouth breathing pauser is wrong once again . Seriously this cat is worse than a broken clock . He isn't even right twice a day . But he does have 40,000 days posts at the daycare .

Re Jensen I would flip him for whatever you can get at the draft. They are already guaranteeing a spot for Baertschi and he actually produces at the AHL level . Jensen doesn't have the chutzpah to play a bottom six role unless he drastically changes .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Re Jensen I would flip him for whatever you can get at the draft. They are already guaranteeing a spot for Baertschi and he actually produces at the AHL level . Jensen doesn't have the chutzpah to play a bottom six role unless he drastically changes .
Yup: BUST

Doesn't have the chutzpah for the bottom 6... nor is he very good defensively (from what I hear).

I hear Gaunce is looking real good though. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote:If 2&3 place in each division play each other first round...do we want flames to hang in there? Providing we hang in there.,
Yeah we do.

Less travel and Flames bubble is due to burst.

Their luck will run out in the playoffs!

(no jinxie)

*crosses fingers, arms, and legs*
Is this where I slap you silly?
Oh baby... talk about getting lucky!! :blush:
____
Try to focus on someday.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Has Vancouver ever had 3 rookies in top 40 in scoring? :P

For that matter, they have 2 in top 20. And of the top 20, the sit #1 & #2 in shooting percentage

Weird season.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

herb wrote:if Daniel's shooting percentage this season was at his career average he'd have 6 more goals and they'd be full on point a game players this season.
His pct has been consistently this low since Duncan Keith ran him. Maybe just a coincidence.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Arachnid wrote: If they went on a mad scoring streak with Kickassian they could both share the Art Ross (and Poser would have to post a pic of him/her wearing a diaper!) :D
Luv it! :lol:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Jovocop wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So what's up with Jensen being a healthy scratch last game in Utica? I think he gets dangled for a trade in the off season. Maybe Calgary will take him for their second?

Dunno, and weird. First he gets called up to sit in the press box when the team is out East, then this. Something is fishy. It could be that he isn't lighting it up in the AHL, and may not be NHL material.
Even if Jensen is not a top-six forward, he still has the size to be an effective bottom-six. Is Travis Green using the same tactic as WD to Kassian?
But, does he have the brains, and desire to play a bottom 6 role? Going from scoring to grinding checker isn't something every player can do. Europe is full of them.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Tciso wrote: But, does he have the brains, and desire to play a bottom 6 role? Going from scoring to grinding checker isn't something every player can do. Europe is full of them.
Too bad with Jensen. I really thought he was our best prospect to make the team this year as he had the most experience (Euro Leauge + some AHL time) and he was pretty good last year when he played a few games for us. He has an excellent release on his shot and scored some nice goals when he was here; I am kind of puzzled that his goal totals are not higher in the AHL. He has like 11 Gs this season, he should have double that easy.

Just as Zack may have watched Dors play a bit; Jens should watch how Ronny Kenins plays. If he works hard and skates hard every shift, finishes his checks and plays a simple and smart game on O (don't turn the puck over, pass it when he can, just let it rip if he's in a good scoring spot), he'll be a good player.

Maybe Jens is a little dejected to not get called up and see how well BoHo and Kenins are playing. I think Tommy Sestito may have been on the same boat to get sent down, his heart just wasn't in it. Jens probably just need a little bit of time off, refocus a bit, then come back with a good attitude, play hard the last few games to end on a good note, train hard in the summer and then come to camp hungry to battle for a job.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Tciso wrote:
Jovocop wrote: Even if Jensen is not a top-six forward, he still has the size to be an effective bottom-six. Is Travis Green using the same tactic as WD to Kassian?
But, does he have the brains, and desire to play a bottom 6 role? Going from scoring to grinding checker isn't something every player can do. Europe is full of them.
I am thinking more like a Shawn Matthias type than a Dorsett or Kenins type.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Arachnid wrote: If they went on a mad scoring streak with Kickassian they could both share the Art Ross (and Poser would have to post a pic of him/her wearing a diaper!) :D
Luv it! :lol:
Ummm... "Kickassian" has been used dozens of times now. :roll:

Twas first coined...

viewtopic.php?p=128284#p128284
Aaronp18 [color=#FF0000]Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 am[/color] wrote: If anything we traded for a kid with a far better nickname. No more CoHo, Silent G, stumpy .... Or whatever else he wanted to be called.

Kickassian it is!!! :lol:
THREE YEARS AGO!!! :crazy:

"Luv"??

Why the homophone Todd? :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Looks like Kenins is back! :thumbs:
TSN1040
Desjardins liked the way Kenins matched up vs Boston and wants that same type of result when 41 returns vs LA
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Ducks down 6-3 a couple mins left with flames....thanks a lot...fucks
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….