Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by herb »

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:Image
Yikes Oib..... :shock:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Why yikes? That thing was cutting edge at one point.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:Why yikes? That thing was cutting edge at one point.
We were discussing dating ourselves and then that thing....I thought I was old..lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

OK OK Rats, you guys probably aren't that old.

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks signed 6’4”, 210-pound hard-working forward Joseph LaBate.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=765921

He and Gaunce future checking Canucks warriors.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

SKYO wrote:He and Gaunce future checking Comets warriors.
Fixed that for ya buds.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote:Canucks signed 6’4”, 210-pound hard-working forward Joseph LaBate.

That one baffles me. It's not like he set the league on fire with scoring - ever. Kid has size, but... that's it. Oh well, hope he likes Utica. :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Lancer wrote:
SKYO wrote:Canucks signed 6’4”, 210-pound hard-working forward Joseph LaBate.

That one baffles me. It's not like he set the league on fire with scoring - ever. Kid has size, but... that's it. Oh well, hope he likes Utica. :|
Haven't seen him play but given the reports maybe he can turn into a decent 4th liner. Definitely has the size but at 22 he's getting close to the finished product. I assume he will be full time in the AHL next year so we will see what he can do.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Virtanen and McCann heading to Utica!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Will be interesting to see if they play. Team just won round one, who would you take out to put them in? Heck they haven't even practice with the club yet. Are Utica games televised here now that we are out? TSN needs to be all over that.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Brenden Gaunce went Beast Mode in Utica's game last night to advance to the next round of the playoffs. Forced the Wolves to take two penalties because of him then scored two PP goals, game tier and game winner , games first star. All this playing out of position on LW all year on the 4th line. I think this kid has a very good chance of being and NHL'er, clutch performers are a good indication of that.

Jake Virtanen on his way to Utica, not sure how he spots in, Niklas Jensen was a scratch last night. Not sure if McCann goes as well as they were eliminated last night.

The season Utica is having is a good story in Canuckville, nice to see a winning environment down there for the kids to pick up the proper habits from.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Brenden Gaunce went Beast Mode in Utica's game last night to advance to the next round of the playoffs. Forced the Wolves to take two penalties because of him then scored two PP goals, game tier and game winner , games first star. All this playing out of position on LW all year on the 4th line. I think this kid has a very good chance of being and NHL'er, clutch performers are a good indication of that.

Jake Virtanen on his way to Utica, not sure how he spots in, Niklas Jensen was a scratch last night. Not sure if McCann goes as well as they were eliminated last night.

The season Utica is having is a good story in Canuckville, nice to see a winning environment down there for the kids to pick up the proper habits from.

Look up, look way up. Yes both Virtanen and McCann have been set to Utica.

Gaunce had a monster game after being scratched for the two previous games. He certainly responded well to the scratching. Better he get his inconsistencies out of the way in Utica and learn how to prepare each and every game. I think he took great strides this year.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Look up, look way up.
Oh Lordy, how dumb of me.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Brenden Gaunce went Beast Mode in Utica's game last night to advance to the next round of the playoffs. Forced the Wolves to take two penalties because of him then scored two PP goals, game tier and game winner , games first star. All this playing out of position on LW all year on the 4th line. I think this kid has a very good chance of being and NHL'er, clutch performers are a good indication of that.

Look up, look way up. Yes both Virtanen and McCann have been set to Utica.

Gaunce had a monster game after being scratched for the two previous games. He certainly responded well to the scratching. Better he get his inconsistencies out of the way in Utica and learn how to prepare each and every game. I think he took great strides this year.
Saying Gaunce was scratched is misleading, "responded well???". "Better he get his inconsistencies out of the way in Utica and learn how to prepare each and every game????" LOL. Travis Green has had the enviable luxury of a lot of good players playing well and trying to squeeze them into the line-up fairly. There has been a rotation with the line-up the last couple months, Shink was rotating recently as well. Jensen was sat out last night for Gaunce, not for bad play.

Don't see how Virtanen and McCann easily slip into the line-up, everyone down there is playing well, along with those who are rotating. The only that helps Virtanen is the lack of right handed wingers in the line-up, although some would argue that McCann is playing better hockey than Jake right and that is with a broken finger.