Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Does this mean Tanev is back?
Yeah, my guess him or Edler.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

After all these years...
Markstrom gets the start tonight for the Canucks, says Desjardins.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

According to the usual suspects on Twitter, Tanev has had a somewhat serious setback and is not even skating anymore. He needs to take it slow and quit rushing things.

Corrado has been recalled and will play tonight. Edler is reportedly close. Bieksa is at least a week away from skating.

Really hate the idea of Tanev getting two concussions in short order. Who knows if he even recovered from the first one before his head smoked the goalpost in Calgary. The big worry with him in my eyes has always been how many hits he takes, so this is a pretty shitty development.

He needs to play smarter, like Henrik Sedin, and get better at making forwards miss. The hits catch up to big dudes, and Tanev is a bloody beanpole.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

SKYO wrote:After all these years...
Markstrom gets the start tonight for the Canucks, says Desjardins.
It has literally not even been 1 year since we acquired Markstrom.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:According to the usual suspects on Twitter, Tanev has had a somewhat serious setback and is not even skating anymore. He needs to take it slow and quit rushing things.

Corrado has been recalled and will play tonight. Edler is reportedly close. Bieksa is at least a week away from skating.

Really hate the idea of Tanev getting two concussions in short order. Who knows if he even recovered from the first one before his head smoked the goalpost in Calgary. The big worry with him in my eyes has always been how many hits he takes, so this is a pretty shitty development.

He needs to play smarter, like Henrik Sedin, and get better at making forwards miss. The hits catch up to big dudes, and Tanev is a bloody beanpole.

So is Corrado an emergency call up or did we just use a regular one. I think we have only used two since Markstrom is an emergency call up and we did send Biega down. But not sure.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mondi wrote:10 bucks says Tanev would play if it was playoffs.

Contract year, maybe not.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mondi wrote:10 bucks says Tanev would play if it was playoffs.
Thankfully it's not the playoffs then because it's not in the Canucks nor Tanev's best interests to play through post concussion syndrome.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Lets go win a cup !
- Kassassian

https://twitter.com/zkassian9/status/572518428138852352

Gotta luv it. :D
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Lets go win a cup !
- Kassassian

Apparently he was over the moon excited that he didn't get traded. He had a go bag already packed! I hope this translates into him just playing to his strengths and having fun again.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

An interesting stat on Hank and Dank.....

Henrik Sedin scored career points 900 and 901 vs the Sharks with two goals. He currently is tied with Steven Stamkos in points and he presently holds the longest point streak in the NHL at eight games. Out of all skaters aged 31 or older, Henrik Sedin and his brother Daniel are ranked 1 and 2 based on their point totals. Not bad for the "old guys". Congrats, on your milestone, Henrik, looking forward to a few more.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Lets go win a cup !
- Kassassian

Apparently he was over the moon excited that he didn't get traded. He had a go bag already packed! I hope this translates into him just playing to his strengths and having fun again.
Desjardins is probably choked they didn't trade him. I bet it's the tattoos and beard that really piss him off .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Desjardins is probably choked they didn't trade him. I bet it's the tattoos and beard that really piss him off .
Maybe Coach Willie is just concerned for Zack's welfare. Willie D doesn't want to see Kass become an NHL superstar -- with all the pressures that come along with it -- too soon, just to watch him crash and burn faster than a Sami Salo slap shot. :D
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I just remembered that Torts was asked last season why he didn't play Kass more or play him with the twins. He said something along the lines that he wasn't going to give Kass a free ride and that Kass wasn't ready. Kass will not be put in a situation that's over his head, at least not with this coach. I used to think that u want to put guys in position to get the most out of them and help u win. He'd play Hansen with the twins, even Zac freakin Dalpe gots some games there, but never Kass. I never thought it was really fair. I now look at Tort's answer in a different light.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I just remembered that Torts was asked last season why he didn't play Kass more or play him with the twins. He said something along the lines that he wasn't going to give Kass a free ride and that Kass wasn't ready. Kass will not be put in a situation that's over his head, at least not with this coach. I used to think that u want to put guys in position to get the most out of them and help u win. He'd play Hansen with the twins, even Zac freakin Dalpe gots some games there, but never Kass. I never thought it was really fair. I now look at Tort's answer in a different light.
OMG Kass just had an awesome shift with the twins there.

Nice timing... Todd. :scowl:

You watching the game bro?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: OMG Kass just had an awesome shift with the twins there.

Nice timing... Todd. :scowl:

You watching the game bro?
Yeah, Big Zack was much better in the 2nd, working the puck down low with the twins. He struggled a bit in the 1st though. A couple times tonite even, when he's carrying the puck into offensive zone on the rush, he tends to make these drop passes that are tuff for the other guy to receive. He puts the guy in a bad position cuz if that guy cannot cleanly recieve the pass, the puck is going the other way for a bad turnover. When Zack makes that drop pass, he has to be like 90% sure his mate will get it. If he fears he's going to get hit or he might lose the puck, he's better off just dumping it in deep and then race in there and battle for it.