Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Hockey Widow »

So Bieksa and Higgins expected back Saturday. Maybe Richardson too? I keep forgetting that there is no roster limit after the TDD so they won't need to send anyone back to Utica. Hopefully we can stay healthy and everyone can get back into game shape for this final push. Anyone know when Miller will be back?
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Anyone know when Miller will be back?
I'll be back soon bae.....OH miller 3 weeks or so is approx.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:I wonder if we can get the younger Pedan, have them anchor or defence. If nothing else they can hit and fight :mrgreen:

http://youtu.be/QBVjaiAUjE0
Pedan Brothers on defence and maybe we can ressurect the Hanson Brothers on offence ? Maybe its no Slapshot but I'd pay to see it :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

From the where the hell do I put this file....

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/13 ... ckey-wife/

You can show it to your wives (it might even get you some love'n after the game tonight) :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: where the hell do I put this....
That's what... she said... when the team was on a road trip. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canu ... story.html

:(

Some Canuck players lost a good friend the other day.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jared McCann hasn't played for a couple games, anyone know the extent of his injury?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Markstrom with the SO first game back in Utica. Expected to get one more game in Utica and maybe recalled again. Good move to get him some playing time.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

A broken finger i believe...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

TDA Rum wrote:A broken finger i believe...
Yes, McCann is out 1-2 weeks with a broken finger...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:A broken finger i believe...
Yes, McCann is out 1-2 weeks with a broken finger...
That sucks, the kid was on fire. I believe he had 11 goals and 12 assists his last 12 games
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Markstrom with the SO first game back in Utica. Expected to get one more game in Utica and maybe recalled again. Good move to get him some playing time.
Markstrom recalled, Eriksson reassigned.

http://www.tsn.ca/canucks-recall-g-markstrom-1.232415

I wonder if Markstrom gets the falling Flyers tomorrow night.....
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Markstrom with the SO first game back in Utica. Expected to get one more game in Utica and maybe recalled again. Good move to get him some playing time.

I hope he does. He's useless right now as an NHL goalie and unless he gets some minutes and we find out for sure if he can play in the NHL, we have a lot of questions going into the off season regarding our backup goalie. I have never seen such a Jeckle/Hyde performance than Markstrom in the AHL/NHL.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tciso wrote:
Mëds wrote:

I hope he does. He's useless right now as an NHL goalie and unless he gets some minutes and we find out for sure if he can play in the NHL, we have a lot of questions going into the off season regarding our backup goalie. I have never seen such a Jeckle/Hyde performance than Markstrom in the AHL/NHL.
You just need to go back as far as Cory. When he had his first couple of peek a boos with the Canucks he was horrid. He did not look anything close to being an NHL goalie. Lack's first few try's were just as bad really.

I agree we need to determine if Markstrom has NHL in him but we won't determine that this year. There are not enough games left in the season to figure that out.

If the Canucks are committed to Miller for the next two seasons, and perhaps 1-2 after that, and I think they are, in the short term anyway, then you trade the goalie that will bring you the best return. Lack has a chance down the stretch to show he is ready to be a number one and if he succeeds in doing that you flip him over Markstrom, get the best return you can.

Markstrom then gets the opportunity to back up Miller and ease into the NHL.
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I agree with H.W. to some extent. You trade the player that gets you the most and hurts you least. I think they need to play Markstrom enough to make sure he can play (I think he can) before making your final decision. In terms of budget and long term need the best player to trade may be Miller, he may get you the most in trade while also creating a tremendous amount of cap space. I am a big Eddie Lack fan and have been since I first saw him in Penticton. However, I wonder about durability for him and how many games a year he will be able to handle. That is where a combination of he and Markstrom may be a great fit, while they wait to see if Demko is the next great one. It is going to be an interesting draft for sure, but for now I want to focus on winning the cup this year. :D