Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Topper »

Blame Thetis.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tryampkin- Five games/ minus one.
On this team,
At this time,
Damned encouraging :lol:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

micky107 wrote:Tryampkin- Five games/ minus one.
On this team,
At this time,
Damned encouraging :lol:

I really thought he and Hutton played well together. They compliment each other style. Tryamkin has looked better each game. Last night being on the ice for 1:50 of a 4-3 PK was telling. He was gassed but he finished the shift with a blocked shot and a couple of poke checks. It was fun to watch. You know his legs and lungs were burning but he did well. Hopefully this tells him what he needs to do in the off season.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

More good new - Boeser with a goal and two assists (+3) in North Dakota's 6-3 win over Northeastern
http://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-men/ ... rth-dakota

(Adam Gaudette no points, -3 in the loss)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Cornuck wrote:More good new - Boeser with a goal and two assists (+3) in North Dakota's 6-3 win over Northeastern
http://www.ncaa.com/game/icehockey-men/ ... rth-dakota

(Adam Gaudette no points, -3 in the loss)

I read somewhere, recently but can't find the article, that Boeser is talented and skilled and in college he shines above most players. BUT he does not play an NHL game. He has a tendency to float, not back check and most of his points come from being opportunistic not through hard work.

Point being made in the article was that he has all the tools to be an impact player in the NHL but he has to learn the NHL game. In part I think this is why Benning wants him to play at least one more year in college. Go back as a top, key member of the team with higher expectations and responsibilities.

The article also described him as having a high hockey IQ and as being highly coachable. Two ingredients needed for him to make the jump to the pros when he is ready.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: The article also described him as having a high hockey IQ and as being highly coachable. Two ingredients needed for him to make the jump to the pros when he is ready.
Many talented players also have the tendency to get by on talent alone, if he is coachable and smart, that shouldn't be a massive cause for concern.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We are now officially eliminated from the playoffs!!

Ok, full audition time now. That means no more Weber.
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Wow! Last eight games.

Vs Hawks
Vs Sharks
@ Sharks
@ Ducks
Vs LA
@ EDM
@CAL
Vs EDM

I say we go.....1-6-1.

Losing to EDM both times.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: The article also described him as having a high hockey IQ and as being highly coachable. Two ingredients needed for him to make the jump to the pros when he is ready.
Many talented players also have the tendency to get by on talent alone, if he is coachable and smart, that shouldn't be a massive cause for concern.
Yes he's getting Parise numbers in college, so that's a good sign, every team can have a one or two floaters so long as they're getting points and goals which this entire team has 2 in the last 5 games.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Puck wrote:
Mëds wrote:Typical reason why Euro league star does not [necessarily] equal NHL star.
(edited)

The fact still remains that you can't learn talent. He's talented and has vision. All we have to hope is that he's got enough fight in him to work through the physical challenges of the NHL.
And the good news is that he has spent two seasons in the AHL, so he knows what to expect playing against North Americans on narrow ice.

This is what eliteprospects has to say about him:
Anton Rödin is a top flight scoring winger that combines speed with skill and cunning. He is a naturally superb skater that controls the puck well at high speed. He possesses high end vision and playmaking ability and is a reliable source of offence. He is the type of player that, if you leave alone for even a few seconds, will make you pay. He does not have the size to play a prevalent physical game, but he chooses to battle against bigger guys and, combined with his intellect, skill, and shiftiness, is able to win a massive amount of puck battles. He has the competitiveness and drive to do whatever it takes to win, and that is key to his success as a versatile scoring winger. [EP] - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.ph ... 2QE4e.dpuf
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm sure everyone knows, Boeser is on TSN-2 right now 3pm-4;30
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Thatcher Demko makes 32 saves in a 4-1 Boston College win over Harvard.

BC plays again tonight against Minn-Duluth.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

micky107 wrote:It's a different world now, but,
When our franchise was young and a rag tag group of aging vets and such,
The Canucks shocked everyone by starting an all rookie line in 77/78 of,
Stan Smyl, Kirt Fraser and Thomas Gradin.
They stayed with it long term and it brought a shit load of excitement into the building.
Maybe sometimes a page from an old book, well you know ;)
I was there for that line. It was Curt Fraser btw. Fraser took out Terry O'Reilly with one punch. He was one tough sucker and was a Vancouver boy if I remember right. Stan was fantastic and Gradin was tough in the same way the Sedins are tough. However, anyone who messed with him fought Curt or Stan. Something we still need.

For my money the '94 team was still the best Van has had. Tough, fast, Linden at his best, McClean in net, all of it. Should have won the Cup BUT the Rangers were one hell of a team. Maybe their best ever. And did I mention Pavel?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fraser was awesome. Good solid player who was tough as nails. He punched out Oreilley a couple times and Willi Plett as well.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Boeser with 7 shots in North Dakota's 5-2 win over Michigan.

Demko with 28 saves in BC's 3-2 win over Minn-Duluth

Be fun to see a ND-BC championship game. :D