Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Tiger »

Gaunce and Biega back to Utica.. Markstrom too.. for condiioning ..

Would have liked to see Biega in a couple Canucks games.. Guy is a tough Dman..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can we all agree now that Webber is a train wreck defensively?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Can we all agree now that Webber is a train wreck defensively?
Agreed. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Can we all agree now that Webber is a train wreck defensively?
Agreed. :(
x2
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

and Bartkowski is a wreck that can't find his train
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Demko is playing like he should have been drafted in the top 5.

Boeser is playing his rookie college year like he should have been drafted 15 spots higher

European Scout Lars Lingren is raving about Tryamkins game saying he's an NHL'er

McCann, Virtanen

The draft king - Jim Benning
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shinkaruk with his 2nd hatrick last night, I believe he has 9 goals. Since we struggle to score should the Nucks swap in Hunter for Sven? Reward Hunter and try to knock some sense into Sven?

Gaunce with a couple goals since his demotion already. Last night a goal and two assists
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Biega recalled under emergency conditions.

Link.....Google it
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote:Shinkaruk with his 2nd hatrick last night, I believe he has 9 goals. Since we struggle to score should the Nucks swap in Hunter for Sven? Reward Hunter and try to knock some sense into Sven?

Gaunce with a couple goals since his demotion already. Last night a goal and two assists
I think Sven deserves a decent amount of time to prove he belongs. Maybe not a Linden Vey whole season, but not a AV "2 games and your done" look either.
Maybe a change in the new year if Sven struggles & Shinkaruk & Gaunce continue to produce
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

RoyalDude wrote:Shinkaruk with his 2nd hatrick last night, I believe he has 9 goals. Since we struggle to score should the Nucks swap in Hunter for Sven? Reward Hunter and try to knock some sense into Sven?

Uh no. Nope. No thanks. So, Hunter JUST starts rolling and you want him called up already? Give me a break. Gaunce and Hunter, in the long run, will benefit from this development path. Gradual and steady. I wish they Bo, McCann and Virtanen took this path. These guys are just kids. They might be physically solid but the key is being mentally solid and having that confidence. I'm assuming Canucks management know what they're doing and know these players well - so, I can optimistically assume McCann, Virt and Bo are physically and mentally ready for the NHL. Honestly, I prefer the big picture which means having these guys turn into key pieces on the Canucks team which means develop them patiently. Time will tell.

Anyway, I think Hunter should be in Utica for at least half the season. If we deal guys at the deadline and make room then call him up. Sven is doing fine and I'd like to give him at least the season to see what he has.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Iceman2014 wrote: duh no. Nope. No thanks. So, Hunter JUST starts rolling and you want him called up already? Give me a break. Gaunce and Hunter, in the long run, will benefit from this development path. Gradual and steady. I wish they Bo, McCann and Virtanen took this path. These guys are just kids. They might be physically solid but the key is being mentally solid and having that confidence. I'm assuming Canucks management know what they're doing and know these players well - so, I can optimistically assume McCann, Virt and Bo are physically and mentally ready for the NHL. Honestly, I prefer the big picture which means having these guys turn into key pieces on the Canucks team which means develop them patiently. Time will tell.

Anyway, I think Hunter should be in Utica for at least half the season. If we deal guys at the deadline and make room then call him up. Sven is doing fine and I'd like to give him at least the season to see what he has.
I agree somewhat. With McCann producing (leading the team in goals), there was no way we could cut him. He pretty much forced the team to keep him. My concern with him is that he seems to be taking a bit of punishment out there though; hopefully, he learn to keep his head up and become more aware when he's in a vulnerable situation. I was really surprised they kept Jake the Snake around. He was throwing some nice hits, but wasn't really producing much offensively. He seems to be coming around a bit though, probably should have had his 2nd tonite. I guess the good thing is that these guys don't look lost out there and are contributing to the team. Hopefully they'll adjust quickly to the NHL and won't get into major slumps and lose confidence.

The way we worked in BoHo was interesting last season. I didn't think he did much to warrant staying last season; however, after we kept him, he developed some great chemistry with Hansen and Dorsett and they had some really good games together. Willie was rolling 4 lines. BoHo had a very good rookie season all things considered. This season he was inititally given the 2nd line with Verby, but they didn't do much and he struggled a bit, Willie immediately moved him into something more within his comfort zone on the 3rd line. He has been OK there, just hope he doesn't get the sophmore jynx.
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ryan Biech
Ryan Biech – ‏@ryanbiech

With another shutout tonight -

#Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko is now 6-1-0 with 0.964 SV%, 0.86 GAA and 4 S/O.
7:33 PM - 3 Nov 2015

Just saying.
Demko just posted his sixth shutout in his last seven games, giving Canucks fans a whole new thing to be worried about -- that Demko might be a figment of our collective imaginations. He’s just too good.

Just saying. :D
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

JNF wrote:
Ryan Biech – ‏@ryanbiech

#Canucks prospect Thatcher Demko is now 6-1-0 with 0.964 SV%, 0.86 GAA and 4 S/O.

Just saying.
Demko just posted his sixth shutout in his last seven games, giving Canucks fans a whole new thing to be worried about -- that Demko might be a figment of our collective imaginations. He’s just too good.

They said the same thing on Pass it to Bulis.
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

Rayxor wrote:
JNF wrote:
Ryan Biech – ‏@ryanbiech

Just saying.

They said the same thing on Pass it to Bulis.
Yes they did. Is that important or did I need to put a link.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

JNF wrote:
Rayxor wrote: They said the same thing on Pass it to Bulis.
Yes they did. Is that important or did I need to put a link.
It is courteous to at least indicate the source of the quote. a direct link isn't always necessary.