Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10730
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:21 am

micky107 wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:44 am
SKYO wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:16 am
NHL Signing- Marcus Johansson to the #Sabres for 2 years $9M. $4.5M AAV
Maybe this will kick start things a bit.
https://www.tsn.ca/buffalo-sabres-sign- ... -1.1333912

Boston could have fit him in ,barely, but chose not to.
Well they gotta re-sign McAvoy, Carlo and Heinen yet.

& thus ends the solid trio 3rd line of Johansson - Coyle - Heinen.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15245
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:24 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:17 am
The team that Calgary clobbered in the first round of the playoffs in 2015 was literally the same Canuck team that was clobbered in the first round of the 2012 and 2013 playoffs. The core was the same.

Nice bounce back from 2011

Presidents Trophy! “Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!”

Island Nucklehead, your thoughts?
And my only point was that Ferkland terrorized all the Canucks D during his entire time here. It was amplified in the playoffs but he regularly used the Canucks D as his bitch. Vancouver hasn’t had a wrecking ball like that since Raffi Torres. Jake Virtanen absolutely isn’t that player.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14922
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:28 am

To be honest it’s all been downhill for Ferland since the 2015 playoffs when it comes to terrorizing. He was just a punk full of beans shot out of a cannon in 2015. He’s settled down quite like all new hit machine young punks, unsustainable career playing that way, not too mention a few cagey veterans setting him in his place over time
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15245
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:31 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:28 am
To be honest it’s all been downhill for Ferland since the 2015 playoffs when it comes to terrorizing. He was just a punk full of beans shot out of a cannon in 2015. He’s settled down quite like all new hit machine young punks, unsustainable career playing that way, not too mention a few cagey veterans setting him in his place over time
He still plays a tough game but concussions seemed to have slowed him down. Maybe MacEwan can be a bit of a holy terror for Vancouver though I don’t think he has quite that chutzpah or the appetite for it.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14922
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:35 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:31 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:28 am
To be honest it’s all been downhill for Ferland since the 2015 playoffs when it comes to terrorizing. He was just a punk full of beans shot out of a cannon in 2015. He’s settled down quite like all new hit machine young punks, unsustainable career playing that way, not too mention a few cagey veterans setting him in his place over time
He still plays a tough game but concussions seemed to have slowed him down. Maybe MacEwan can be a bit of a holy terror for Vancouver though I don’t think he has quite that chutzpah or the appetite for it.
I worry about signing those types of players to big contracts who play that game, it’s been proven to be unsustainable style to play - Clarkson, Lucic, Lapiointe, Peca etc
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8650
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:38 am

UFA is all but done, (almost); Now RFA grabs the spotlight.....

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... -nhl-teams
"evolution"

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am

Aho's offer sheet was "officially" matched, today, so Montreal would have been barred from any new offer sheets until now.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8650
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:06 am

ESQ wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:38 am
Aho's offer sheet was "officially" matched, today, so Montreal would have been barred from any new offer sheets until now.
So does Montreal turn their heads to Marner?
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8650
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by micky107 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:25 am

Hockey Epic
‏@Hockey_Epic

@TheFourthPeriod on Sportsnet reports that Laine’s camp is looking at a contract around 10M. Says Habs are far in talks to trade for Laine or offer sheet him. Bergevin and Cheveldayoff are good friends so could avoid the offer sheet route but if that fails, OS could be an option.
4:27 PM - 5 Jul 2019
And this is two days old and still sounds just as ridiculous. Is Laine worth 10?
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15245
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 pm
Do we have the pieces to pull off a trade for Ryan O'Reilly? I like this player.
:lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14922
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 pm
Do we have the pieces to pull off a trade for Ryan O'Reilly? I like this player.
:lol:
Adjustments. I am not stagnant like you. I applaud when Benning proves me wrong, you? You don’t (Vilardi, Konecny, Wise etc), you just would rather be stuck on the Turtle and Guds, whom you liked at first. Did you make adjustments on Hamonic and Guds and Shinkaruk (the book isn’t written) and Eddie Lack?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15245
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:40 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:17 pm
Do we have the pieces to pull off a trade for Ryan O'Reilly? I like this player.
:lol:
Adjustments. I am not stagnant like you. I applaud when Benning proves me wrong, you? You don’t (Vilardi, Konecny, Wise etc), you just would rather be stuck on the Turtle and Guds, whom you liked at first. Did you make adjustments on Hamonic and Guds and Shinkaruk (the book isn’t written) and Eddie Lack?
You loved him then hated him now what?

You said the Blues got fucked in that trade. Now how do you feel about the guy? You said he was garbage.

That’s a flip, flop, flip again?

It’s one thing to recalculate an opinion once. It’s another to do it multiple times. :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2399
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:34 pm

micky107 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:25 am
Hockey Epic
‏@Hockey_Epic

@TheFourthPeriod on Sportsnet reports that Laine’s camp is looking at a contract around 10M. Says Habs are far in talks to trade for Laine or offer sheet him. Bergevin and Cheveldayoff are good friends so could avoid the offer sheet route but if that fails, OS could be an option.
4:27 PM - 5 Jul 2019
And this is two days old and still sounds just as ridiculous. Is Laine worth 10?
Definitely not.

If he's hoping for a big offer sheet, I don't even think he'll get one above $8.5 mil and the 2x1st/2nd/3rd compensation.

If they're as far apart as they seem, I wonder if Laine is being shopped.

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 14922
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Not a fan of Laine. A one trick pony. Outside of his shot there is nothing about his game that impresses me
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15245
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:10 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm
Not a fan of Laine. A one trick pony. Outside of his shot there is nothing about his game that impresses me
What about ROR?

The Blues really got bent over in that trade didn’t they? :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Post Reply