Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am
I knew about Kassians coke problem while he was here. I have, oddly enough, not that I go looking for it, tendrils in that seedy world of the Vancouver high life. Like how I knew about Mobilios. That guy was out of control, a total powder keg. Heart couldn’t take it anymore
Kassian, even though I defended him time and again, had to go. For the teams sake and for his own sake. He needed a wake up call. It’s nice to see him rounding into the player many thought he could be. We saw flashes of his potential but you can’t party like that long term and expect to be a good player.

He is in line for a pretty nice payday in July.
It’s a shame we got the worst of him. Oh well
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16306
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am
I knew about Kassians coke problem while he was here. I have, oddly enough, not that I go looking for it, tendrils in that seedy world of the Vancouver high life. Like how I knew about Mobilios. That guy was out of control, a total powder keg. Heart couldn’t take it anymore
Kassian, even though I defended him time and again, had to go. For the teams sake and for his own sake. He needed a wake up call. It’s nice to see him rounding into the player many thought he could be. We saw flashes of his potential but you can’t party like that long term and expect to be a good player.

He is in line for a pretty nice payday in July.
It’s a shame we got the worst of him. Oh well
I think Buffalo did.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am
I knew about Kassians coke problem while he was here. I have, oddly enough, not that I go looking for it, tendrils in that seedy world of the Vancouver high life. Like how I knew about Mobilios. That guy was out of control, a total powder keg. Heart couldn’t take it anymore
Kassian, even though I defended him time and again, had to go. For the teams sake and for his own sake. He needed a wake up call. It’s nice to see him rounding into the player many thought he could be. We saw flashes of his potential but you can’t party like that long term and expect to be a good player.

He is in line for a pretty nice payday in July.
It’s a shame we got the worst of him. Oh well
I think Buffalo did.
Dude, Kassian was of control here, trust me, which was why he was secretly placed in the substance abuse program while a Canuck. You’re a beaut McKenzees
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am

Hayes 19 games 4 goals 3 assists on pace for 16 goals 12 assists

JT Miller 20 games 8 goals 11 assists on pace for 32 goals 44 assists
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16306
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:18 am

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:55 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 am
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:45 am
I knew about Kassians coke problem while he was here. I have, oddly enough, not that I go looking for it, tendrils in that seedy world of the Vancouver high life. Like how I knew about Mobilios. That guy was out of control, a total powder keg. Heart couldn’t take it anymore
Kassian, even though I defended him time and again, had to go. For the teams sake and for his own sake. He needed a wake up call. It’s nice to see him rounding into the player many thought he could be. We saw flashes of his potential but you can’t party like that long term and expect to be a good player.

He is in line for a pretty nice payday in July.
It’s a shame we got the worst of him. Oh well
I think Buffalo did.
Dude, Kassian was of control here, trust me, which was why he was secretly placed in the substance abuse program while a Canuck. You’re a beaut McKenzees
It’s a shame you haven’t learned how to read after all these years.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22250
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:23 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 am
He is in line for a pretty nice payday in July.
Tho there's always the danger he might grind that money into a fine powder and snort it.

And if indent a post... just one more time... I'll reach through your puter screen and slap you silly! :twisted:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 16306
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:27 am

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:23 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:53 am
He is in line for a pretty nice payday in July.
Tho there's always the danger he might grind that money into a fine powder and snort it.

And if indent a post... just one more time... I'll reach through your puter screen and slap you silly! :twisted:
Are u angry? :)
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22250
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:34 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:27 am
Are u angry? :)
Bastard.

I was making rather merry last night, I'll be fine when I get this pot of coffee in me...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Is Nolan Patrick the next Alexander Daigle?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11020
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:44 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:14 am
Hayes 19 games 4 goals 3 assists on pace for 16 goals 12 assists

JT Miller 20 games 8 goals 11 assists on pace for 32 goals 44 assists
Watched that Philly vs Toronto game, sheesh Hayes is slow as molasses he makes Schaller look like Geoff Sanderson, he's lucky he has 'SOME' skill to pass and make plays.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8950
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:54 pm
Is Nolan Patrick the next Alexander Daigle?
Its sure looking like a wasted lottery pick isnt it
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 11020
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:28 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:54 pm
Is Nolan Patrick the next Alexander Daigle?
Its sure looking like a wasted lottery pick isnt it
Injuries are not helping but that could be a long term thing.

Just think Philly could have had Heiskanen, Makar or Petey.

As an aside - Elias Pettersson might pass 1st overall pick Hischier this season in total NHL points in one full season less.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Hischier’s shine sure has worn off
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:03 am

What happened to the once amazing Minnesota Wild prospect pool that Doylees envied?

Kaprisov - KHL (no interest in playing in the NHL)
Kunin - 4 goals 3 assists
Ek - 1 goal 5 assists
Greenway - 1 goal 6 assists

Bums! Every single one of them
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:25 pm

What happened to all these great Tampa Bay prospects that made Blob’em Sock’em drool? Raddysh, Spencer, Stephens, Katchouk, the Foote Brothers? Bums! The whole lot of them! Bums! Just like Minnesota’s prospects. Blobbee loved them too.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply