Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:59 am Cale Makar is playing incredible right now. He’s the early front runner for the Calder as we speak.
Pettersson won the Calder last year. Boeser final 3 for the Calder the year before. Most certainly. Quinn Hughes will be in the conversation this year

What a rebuild. Genius.

“The Detroit Red Wings select Filip Zadina” - Holland
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rick Blight used to play for the Canucks in the 70s and 80s. He blew his brains out a few years back.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Headly
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kevin Hayes - 16 games - 4 goals 3 assists

JT Miller - 17 games - 8 goals 10 assists
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

“Cale Makar doesn’t even crack the top 20 in a redraft”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s important here, if the Canucks won the lottery it has been revealed that they were going to draft either Pettersson or Makar 1st overall.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:35 am What’s important here, if the Canucks won the lottery it has been revealed that they were going to draft either Pettersson or Makar 1st overall.
I told you that the other day. I’d have been fine with either.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kevin Hayes will make $7 Million per year for the next 7 years until he’s 34.

3 goals 4 assists

Blob said we should have traded for his UFA negotiation rights instead of trading for Miller
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:28 am Kevin Hayes will make $7 Million per year for the next 7 years until he’s 34.

3 goals 4 assists
Who cares?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob said we should have traded for Hayes UFA negotiation rights instead of trading for Miller
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:30 am Blob said we should have traded for Hayes UFA negotiation rights instead of trading for Miller
Like hell I did. I just said he was a cheaper acquisition cost for the Flyers. I said the contract was too rich but the Flyers could afford it because they didn’t have a bunch of bad contracts like Vancouver.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hayes was a consistent go to bring up for you when expressing your disgust over the JT Miller acquisition

And Bloob, he was a UFA. UFA Negotiation rights are never expensive. There’s no comparing the two trades. Completely different circumstances. Unless you wished Benning had traded for the right to negotiate with UFA Hayes instead of trading for Miller?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:47 am Hayes was a consistent go to bring up for you when expressing your disgust over the JT Miller acquisition

And Bloob, he was a UFA. UFA Negotiation rights are never expensive. There’s no comparing the two trades. Completely different circumstances. Unless you wished Benning had traded for the right to negotiate with UFA Hayes instead of trading for Miller?
It was comparing adding a top six forward to the team. Miller is a better player on a better contract. The Flyers didn’t pay a pretty penny in acquisition cost to get Hayes. They didn’t have a bunch of bloated contracts on their books like Vancouver did so they could afford to overpay Hayes.

I like Miller but I like to keep high picks as well. The pipeline is a still thin in some areas.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:55 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:47 am Hayes was a consistent go to bring up for you when expressing your disgust over the JT Miller acquisition

The Flyers didn’t pay a pretty penny in acquisition cost to get Hayes.
And why was that Blob? Why was it so cheap to acquire a player who ended up getting $7 Million per year for 7 years?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Blob would rather roll the dice, keeping the pick and hoping a Sourdiff, HOPING! He will be as good as Miller :lol: