Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by 2Fingers »

According to The Athletic, Tavares is expected to meet with five teams in Los Angeles to discuss the possibility of leaving the Islanders, who drafted Tavares No. 1 overall and are the only franchise he's ever played for. Tavares is reportedly ready to hold court with the Toronto Maple leaves, San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Los Angeles Kings.
Seems Vancouver is not on his list.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:31 am
According to The Athletic, Tavares is expected to meet with five teams in Los Angeles to discuss the possibility of leaving the Islanders, who drafted Tavares No. 1 overall and are the only franchise he's ever played for. Tavares is reportedly ready to hold court with the Toronto Maple leaves, San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Los Angeles Kings.
Seems Vancouver is not on his list.

This came from Elliot Freeman who then laughed and said they haven’t been told anything so he was sort of making it up. Then added it’s unlikely he’d go to LA as the Kings just spent a wad on Kovie. So while it might turn out to be accurate it’s not a confirmed list from JT.

Freeman also said he thinks this could go the way Stamkos went, do the interviews but stay put.

I’m with Dude though. I think TO may have the inside track.

As for Vancouver, if he had an interview it would only be a courtesy interview. Just don’t see us as a fit for him. I mean for sure he could step in and instantly be our number one centre. The other teams mentioned that wouldn’t be the case necessarily. So it depends upon how important that is to him.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Love this analysis. Makes you realize the futility of grouping unrelated trades.

Today @ 2:05 PM ET
So basically a 1st round pick, 2 seconds and Ferland and Fox for Lindholm and Hanifin??? That sucks guys. That's a doozie, not Chiarelli bad but ball park.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:59 am Love this analysis. Makes you realize the futility of grouping unrelated trades.

Today @ 2:05 PM ET
So basically a 1st round pick, 2 seconds and Ferland and Fox for Lindholm and Hanifin??? That sucks guys. That's a doozie, not Chiarelli bad but ball park.
I thought they actually did really well with this trade... but if you look at the overall big picture, you're right. It really does suck.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hamilton is one of those enigmas. Puts up decent numbers but teammates, coaches and management aren’t crazy about him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 am Struggling to figure out who has the most confused management in the league -Ottawa or Carolina
Vancouver
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Blob is a ray of sunshine this morning
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:22 pm I see Blob is a ray of sunshine this morning
Morning?

Where you at?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:13 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 am Gotta say, like this one for Calgary

Apparently Hamilton is an A-hole for a teammate. Fox a decent prospect, Ferland whatever. To get Lindholm and Hanafin for that? Not bad
It is a good return, both will need contracts. $4M bridge for each?
Yeah the canes didn't see eye to eye with Lindholm's agent's numbers so out he goes and Hanifin should get a hefty contract as well.

But that's the good time to strike if you have a rich owner and cap space to trade for RFA's.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Now that the shock has worn off Cow Puke is coming around to the trade.

Treliving basically confirmed that there were both on ice and off ice issues surrounding Hamilton but would not, for obvious reasons, elaborate. He also indicated that Hamilton demanded a trade at the end of the season and they have been looking at Hanafin since then.

Tre,icing also confirmed that Fox, via his representative, told the Flames he would not sign in Calgary. So they have been looking at using him in a package since last summer. Ferland was the guy he said was hard to part with.

Carolina on the other hand say Hamilton is now part of their core and his “issues” notwithstanding they have no plans to trade him.

First his Boston teammates all but pack his bags and now due to issues with his teammates in Calgary he demands a trade. Sure sounds like poison. Liking this trade more and more for Calgary. He moves a p,Ayer who demanded a trade, a prospect who says he won’t sign there and a heart and soul 3rd liner for two core players. I’m not a Treliving fan, but this is a good trade all things considered.

Given these issues you can’t tell me Carolina could not have done better.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think it’s a decent trade for both teams. I’m happy to see Ferland go. He absolutely abused Vancouver’s defence the last few years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:53 pm I think it’s a decent trade for both teams. I’m happy to see Ferland go. He absolutely abused Vancouver’s defence the last few years.
:lol: no doubt, he's exactly the type this team needs though, especially on Horvats/Boeser line, similar to big dog meat and potatos worker Tom Wilson on Ovie's and Backstrom line.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobbee is a massive fan of Dougie Hamilton and Hamonic
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:34 pm Blobbee is a massive fan of Dougie Hamilton and Hamonic
How is Colton Teubert doing?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:51 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:34 pm Blobbee is a massive fan of Dougie Hamilton and Hamonic
How is Colton Teubert doing?
Old school

Adapt

Get right with new school, Bubbles.