Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:35 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:12 pm Joel Quenneville: 5.25M per (can be 6M+ with playoff bonuses)

Claude Julien: 5M per

Barry Trotz: 4M per

Mike Babcock: 6.25M per

Alain Vigneault: 5M per
Coach salaries have shot up since Leaves signed the Cock in 2015 .

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015 ... aple-leaves
This deal will make Babcock the highest paid head coach by a large, large margin (the next highest paid is Joel Quenneville at $2.75 million a year). This could mean a change in the way NHL coaches are paid. Bob McKenzie reports that the contract could pay as much as $8 million in its front loaded first three years
Should inspire Travis Green to get more ruthless with this squad....especially with the shortened span of most coaches, gotta cash in a$ap rocky.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:49 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:25 pm A. Vigneault is the new Flyers head coach.
Attaboy Giggles...
Giggles - two jobs since being fired by Gillis

Players Agent - no job since being fired by Rogers Arena
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

According to Finnish hockey media Jatkoaika.com, 23-year-old RHD Oliwer Kaski will leave Pelicans Lahti to join an NHL organization. Apparently it is not yet known which team has signed him.

The article also discusses Kaski winning this year's Liiga MVP title, averaging 20:38 TOI per game. He scored 19 goals and 51 points in 59 Liiga games, along with 2 goals and 4 points in 6 playoff games. A short description would be that he's a smooth-skating PMD with great offensive tools.
Team unknown, hope it's the Canucks we could sure use him.

Maybe Salo put a horse head in his bed.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Maybe, just maybe he signed with the Canucks and they can’t announce it because the Canucks are currently at the limit of 50 contracts, so they have to wait until a contract comes off the books before announcing the signing.

I got this information from a sharp brain wave spike while doing modifications on my tin foil hat, so it must be true.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:47 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm Rumours that Linden is being considered for the now vacant Team President job in NYR. Boy oh boy this would not sit well with the GillisBros.
That wouldn’t sit well with Messier.
That would be pretty funny if it happened. Trev got rid of Tortz when he got here, prob the same fate for Mess. *LOL*
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:37 am
RoyalDude wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:36 pm Rumours that Linden is being considered for the now vacant Team President job in NYR. Boy oh boy this would not sit well with the GillisBros.
That would be pretty funny if it happened. Trev got rid of Tortz when he got here, prob the same fate for Mess. *LOL*
Would Linden's wife's good friend yank the leash?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It would be a scene, Linden getting a front office gig in the NHL within 1 year of getting Aqualini’d while Gillis encroaches 7 years without work in the NHL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:51 am
Would Linden's wife's good friend yank the leash?
Huh? You talking about when Peter Schaefer was mowing Trevl’s lawn? Jeff Brown/Shayne Corson 2.0
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mrs. AE
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:00 amMrs. AE
They are buds but Edsy wants nothing to do with leaving Vancouver, Linden as well actually which is why I find these Ottawa and NYR rumours about Linden curious. Maybe he wants a change of scene. Vancouver ain’t what it used to be, a lot of folks want out now
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Sounds like Stevie Y is going to become the new Red Wings GM. Ken Holland to move into a Sr. Vice Prez role.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

So the reason Laine wasn't dominating the NHL this year & only scored 30 goals was due to a back injury.
Patrik Laine played with a back injury for most of the season and a groin injury hindered him during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Winnipeg Jets forward said Monday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm So the reason Laine wasn't dominating the NHL this year & only scored 30 goals was due to a back injury.
Patrik Laine played with a back injury for most of the season and a groin injury hindered him during the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Winnipeg Jets forward said Monday.
Sounds like fortnite injuries...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm So the reason Laine wasn't dominating the NHL this year & only scored 30 goals was due to a back injury.
Explains it
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:08 pm
Sounds like fortnite injuries...
I bet his Fornite buddy Ehlers has the same injuries...

Could be wrong, but I don't think you'll hear about Wheeler's or Scheiffle's boo-boos.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!