Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 pm I wonder if they'll only play within their divisions
That's the thinking.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Top four:

Nucks
Nyets
Habnots
Leaves

Canucks take out Leaves in round one. Coincidentally Big Tuna will Leaves the forums for the following six months.
Habnots hab it going over Nyets.
Toss up between Nucks and the Habnots, but the good thing is the winner will return the cup to Canada.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Bruins finally sign DeBrusk
Bruins sign Jake DeBrusk to two-year contract with an annual
@NHL cap hit of $3.675 million.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

New York Islanders@NYIslanders
Isles News: After numerous and extensive medical exams, New York Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season.
After numerous and extensive medical exams, Johnny Boychuk's career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season. link ...9:31 AM · Nov 25, 2020
:evil:
wasn't a huge Raymond fan but he was part of the mix that coulda / shoulda, damn it ,cripes...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Loui Eriksson take notice in case you retire as well.
capfriendly:
If Johnny Boychuk files for retirement from the NHL, his $6M cap hit in 2020-21 & 2021-22 will come off the #Islanders salary cap and free up that space for the club to use.

Whether or not Boychuk needs to pay back his $2.75M SB depends on his contract and any claw back clauses.
But then
If Johnny Boychuk does not file for retirement, the league would then not terminate his contract and he'd be placed on IR.

His cap hit would continue to count against the #Islanders salary cap, however the club could place him on LTIR allowing them to exceed their ACSL by $6M.

If the contract was insured by the club and they kept the policy going up until now (club can cancel polices on the contract at any time), they could claim up to 80% of his salary back after he's missed 30 games.

Clubs are responsible to pay the player for the first 30 games.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:01 am That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
Yes, Lou has ways of creating cap space. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tampa now over the cap:
TBL re-signs Mikhail Sergachev to a three-year contract worth $4.8-million AAV
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:01 am That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
The hit looked you backdooring your gebil. Shove his head down to bend her over then ram away. Broke back mounted him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
The hit looked you backdooring your gebil. Shove his head down to bend her over then ram away. Broke back mounted him.
Lol at Huck Finn. Do you still take your musket out into the bushes trying to hunt squirrels and gophers? Wash with a rag on a stick and pack venison and grits for supper? I’m all for getting off the beaten path and out of the city but living in Rock Creek or Greenweird has made you a bit kooky over the years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm Tampa now over the cap:
TBL re-signs Mikhail Sergachev to a three-year contract worth $4.8-million AAV
They'll work it out. Had to sign Sergachev. Big time player for a long time.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mason Raymond - 6’-1” - 180 lbs

Noah Dobson - 6’-4” 180 lbs

:wow:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm
Lol at Huck Finn. Do you still take your musket out into the bushes trying to hunt squirrels and gophers? Wash with a rag on a stick and pack venison and grits for supper? I’m all for getting off the beaten path and out of the city but living in Rock Creek or Greenweird has made you a bit kooky over the years.
:lol:

Hes in the thriving metropolis of GF Doyle....hardly a chicken shit outpost like Cock Reek or Greenwood
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:33 pm
He doesn't live in Rock Creek or Greenwood, so just be careful you don't land in his neck of the woods

... cuz he's armed to the teeth and I hear-tell ole Toppy can hit a gerbil at 100 paces.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:44 am
New York Islanders@NYIslanders
Isles News: After numerous and extensive medical exams, New York Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season.
After numerous and extensive medical exams, Johnny Boychuk's career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season. link ...9:31 AM · Nov 25, 2020
:evil:
wasn't a huge Raymond fan but he was part of the mix that coulda / shoulda, damn it ,cripes...
That was like an inverted vertebreaker, sort of a hybrid spinelock/pile driver, it blew my mind when I saw it. Intelligent adaptation to the hockey arena by Boychuck there, with the boards serving as contact point. Raymond was locked in with no place to go with his neck held securely in a disastrous position. Amazing Raymond was able to escape paralysis from such a ruthless and dangerous move especially considering the clown show that ensued from the Canucks crack medical team in the aftermath there.
el rey del mambo