Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Maybe you would like to legitimize your list by providing ice time or teams that are severely underachieving due to injuries or poor play etc. It’s a team sport , not that cycling would provide any sort of perspective for a guy . For instance considering Anaheim has missed Kesler and Getzkaf for a combined 60 odd games just might have an effect on some of their wingers production or the fact that Bennett has played in the bottom six all year.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah no Bubbles, they need to own it instead of passing the blame. Stalwart - Bennett 4th overall pick, Reinhart - 2nd overall pick, Ritchie - 10th overall pick - Bubbles favourites
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:14 pm Yeah no Bubbles, they need to own it instead of passing the blame. Stalwart - Bennett 4th overall pick, Reinhart - 2nd overall pick, Ritchie - 10th overall pick - Bubbles favourites
Yes I can see why you wouldn’t want to include any more details in your scatterbrained scatter gunned post. It’s lije when you go home with the grocery bill and show the wife the price that’s coming out of the account but neglect to tell her you pissed half the amount away on booze and drugs
Never change my friend
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Call it a hunch Bubbles, I believe we will not see much better from your big 3 of 2014 their entire careers. All 3 will eventually prove that they should not have been drafted top 20. These are Bubbles pickems
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:01 pm Call it a hunch Bubbles, I believe we will not see much better from your big 3 of 2014 their entire careers. All 3 will eventually prove that they should not have been drafted top 20. These are Bubbles pickems
My big three lol. I guess so. I just ain’t as hypercritical of every player in the league like yourself. You said Mackinnon was hot garbage and Tavares was Dany Heatley. Maybe don’t judge so quick Dana
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shaddup Bubbles I'm watching Generational - Pettersen himself against the entire Russian team by himself he's that good. Genius
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Just looking at the standings and seeing the knights 2nd overall. I’m gonna puke if they win a Stanley cup in their first year...shit I’ll puke if the make the final even.

2nd overall in January...This shit ain’t right
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 pm Just looking at the standings and seeing the knights 2nd overall. I’m gonna puke if they win a Stanley cup in their first year...shit I’ll puke if the make the final even.

Yeah ! Pretty weird. What could be worse? If down the road a bit, Seattle does the same thing.
Ouch..... :drink:
"evolution"
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Is there any chance that the Knights may find a 7-game series more difficult? It's one thing to roll up, play a good systems game, maybe out-work the other team and grab the two points; it's a bit different to do that four times to win a series. Personally, I'm hoping they struggle a bit more once teams figure out how to play them.

I'm REALLY hoping.

If they carry out UK's nightmare scenario, I'll join in the puking.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Isnt their home record being heavily credited to the liquor and whore benders the night before?
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:21 am Isnt their home record being heavily credited to the liquor and whore benders the night before?
Makes the Roxy flu look like a case of the sniffles.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Well no team has had a scouting report on them obviously as they are a frankenstein group thus far, but more and more teams are building up a scouting report on them, on who to shut down, their systems etc.

And let's not forget they got MAF, show me a good goalie and I'll show you a good coach or something like that ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Puck wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:16 am Is there any chance that the Knights may find a 7-game series more difficult? It's one thing to roll up, play a good systems game, maybe out-work the other team and grab the two points; it's a bit different to do that four times to win a series. Personally, I'm hoping they struggle a bit more once teams figure out how to play them.

I'm REALLY hoping.

If they carry out UK's nightmare scenario, I'll join in the puking.
One can only hope that they cannot win four against a contender, but where they sit now I think it’s more than than just catching teams unaware or some kind of Vegas flu. That might have got them a month or two into the season, but first in the West? second overall? In January I’m not happy...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Listening to coiler radio on my drive up to mcmisery last night was pretty funny. They're debating who is to blame and it seems that chiarelli is the goat...the Eberle trade was a huge issue apparently. More than the Hall trade as i guess Larsson at least provides some value to the team as opposed to what Strome is.

I would expect some moves shortly...Maroon surely will be gone and maybe Klefbom...
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:39 pm Just looking at the standings and seeing the knights 2nd overall. I’m gonna puke if they win a Stanley cup in their first year...shit I’ll puke if the make the final even.

It's only a little above average when you consider that they paid 500 million to get there.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.