Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 am
Topper wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:04 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:26 am Always makes sense to compare RFA and UFA contracts. :thumbs:
You're catching on.
Doyle look at what you just walked into!
Dude: here let me hold this testicle level branch out of the way for you...
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I think your gonna wanna hear this:
Pittsburgh Penguins
@penguins
The Penguins have acquired forward Andreas Martinsen and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Erik Gudbranson.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:03 pm I think your gonna wanna hear this:
Pittsburgh Penguins
@penguins
The Penguins have acquired forward Andreas Martinsen and a 2021 seventh-round draft pick from the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Erik Gudbranson.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Erik brought it. Image
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Gudbranson could well be out of the league after this deal expires. If nothing else he will be playing for a massive haircut in pay if he does manage to stick around. The guy would have been a good player 25 years ago. Way too shitty of a skater and too dumb to succeed in today’s game.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gudbranson wasn’t a shiney moment for Benning. But every GM has some of those. He rebounded well with ole Tanner.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 am Gudbranson wasn’t a shiney moment for Benning. But every GM has some of those. He rebounded well with ole Tanner.
After Dale dug his Talons into him and skullfucked him, Jim Ignitowski did the best he could.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:56 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 am Gudbranson wasn’t a shiney moment for Benning. But every GM has some of those. He rebounded well with ole Tanner.
After Dale dug his Talons into him and skullfucked him, Jim Ignitowski did the best he could.
And exactly how well did Dale do in that trade? To date :lol:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:04 am
Uhhhhh.... he won it. Not by a landslide mind you as he dealt the high pick and dealt a solid young cost controlled forward in McCann. His big win was dumping an overpaid 6/7 d man on Elmer without retaining salary.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:22 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:04 am
Not by a landslide
Not the impression I get
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Well getting rid of Gudbranson’s contract is a decent win for any team when you aren’t taking salary back. Rutherford did well to ditch that millstone to Anaheim too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:43 am Well getting rid of Gudbranson’s contract is a decent win for any team when you aren’t taking salary back. Rutherford did well to ditch that millstone to Anaheim too.
You talk of the Gudbranson trade still like it was a major setback for us?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:43 am Well getting rid of Gudbranson’s contract is a decent win for any team when you aren’t taking salary back. Rutherford did well to ditch that millstone to Anaheim too.
It was one of a group of dumb moves that certainly thinned out the potential prospect pipeline. It wasted cap space like those other moves when these types of players could be found for cheap on July 1 or on the waiver wire. I have zero interest in re-hashing this with you.

I can’t believe Rutherford got out from under that contract
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:47 am
It was one of a group of dumb moves that certainly thinned out the potential prospect pipeline. It wasted cap space like those other moves when these types of players could be found for cheap on July 1 or on the waiver wire. I have zero interest in re-hashing this with you.

I can’t believe Rutherford got out from under that contract
I’m about as bothered by the Gudbranson trade as I am the Forsling trade. It’s like dropping a taco chip from a plate of nachos on the ground.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

St. Louis Blues

BREAKING NEWS: Vladimir Tarasenko will require surgery on his left shoulder and will be re-evaluated in five months. http://bit.ly/349QGiE #stlblues
Tarasenko to miss five months with shoulder injury

Vladimir Tarasenko will undergo surgery Tuesday on his left shoulder and will be re-evaluated in five months.
nhl.com
"evolution"