Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:I can't be the only person who is totally baffled that Erik Karlsson will be back playing tonight...wasn't his achilles tendon nearly totally severed less than 10 weeks ago? Am I totally missing something? Those types of injuries usually take like 6 months to recover from.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=421652

Unfreaking real, must be that Viking Voodoo...they really need him though, hope it's not management pushing him to play, Spezza is needed as well if they are to have any hope in hell for The Sens to win atleast 2 rounds in the East :wink:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

herb wrote:I can't be the only person who is totally baffled that Erik Karlsson will be back playing tonight...wasn't his achilles tendon nearly totally severed less than 10 weeks ago? Am I totally missing something? Those types of injuries usually take like 6 months to recover from.
Maybe it was a clean cut, and a great surgeon?? But, yeah. that is a very quick turn around.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Tciso wrote:Maybe it was a clean cut, and a great surgeon?? But, yeah. that is a very quick turn around.
Well, he no doubt had the best surgeon, doctors, physiotherapists and personal trainers money can buy, but 10 weeks is insane for an injury they say takes at least 6 months to recover from. Salo was gone for over four months, and Bieksa was out for more than two months when his calf muscle was cut.

If Karlsson is really back at or near 100%, it would be really incredible.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

or the damage was not as bad as they said?

Not a doctor of course so who knows the real extent of the injury?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Reefer2 wrote:or the damage was not as bad as they said?

Not a doctor of course so who knows the real extent of the injury?
They said the tendon was 70% severed and he required surgery to repair. He had a healthy tendon before the injury, and was no doubt in great shape when the injury occurred, so it wasn't like there was an ingrained problem in his ligament that led to the injury.

In any event, I hope Karlsson is back at 100%. He is a very exciting player, and I'd hate to see himself get re-injured.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I bet Dr. Recchi knew all along the injury wasn't that bad... :roll:

But seriously, Karlsson looked pretty good doing drills. Those Ikea replacement parts are really something.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

herb wrote:In any event, I hope Karlsson is back at 100%.
He played over 27 minutes, 2 assists for my pool team 8-) , so there's nearly no doubt he's not at 100%.

Imo it was a bold overstatement with the predicted time out.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hey Monday the 29th is Draft Lottery Day. Hope Calgary does well!
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Hey Monday the 29th is Draft Lottery Day. Hope Calgary does well!
Liar.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Hey Monday the 29th is Draft Lottery Day. Hope Calgary does well!
Liar.
Careful, I know a good lawyer and I hear defamation suits are in this year :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Imo it was a bold overstatement with the predicted time out.
I'm not so sure about that...I am still recovering from a minor achilles tear that happened 9 weeks ago, but I will say that while I still can't run for longer than a couple of minutes on it, I have been able to skate fine and without pain since week 2 of the injury. You actually don't use your achilles/calf much when your ankle is locked at a 90 degree angle in a boot, so perhaps that is at play as well.

I'm glad to hear Karlsson is back and good to go. He's a very exciting player, and the league is better off with him healthy than hurt.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Liar.
Careful, I know a good lawyer and I hear defamation suits are in this year :mrgreen:
I choose not to discuss how much HW is lying any further.

I apologize if I have, somehow, hurt her yearning for the Flames to get a higher draft pick - even though we know they will just screw it up anyhow!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Eric Staal tears his MCL, good news as it won't require surgery!

Lucky it wasn't his ACL, after the Edler collision I thought that's what may have happened.

3rd Degree MCL Sprain for Staal
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

He'll be out of action for about 3 months I heard, and there goes any chance of Edler to Carolina *online made up rumours*
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote:He'll be out of action for about 3 months I heard, and there goes any chance of Edler to Carolina *online made up rumours*
Sedins for Staals? :wink:
If you need air...call it in