Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:34 am
He deserves 12+. The guy is a top 5 player in the game. Poster ESQ thought he’d rake in 16 million but he also thought the contracts for Rantanen and Makar weren’t very good. He’s washed the egg off his grill by now. Pay the good guys! Give the scraps to the supporting cast.

So Cook is Horvat half the player Nate is? Your six million dollar limit.
Did I? I'm sure I said he'd be the highest paid player in the league, while some thought he'd give a juicy discount to Jenius Joe.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:34 pm Mark Spector all over Fat Jake even before he steps on the ice for camp.
Just watched his presser with Edm media - they certainly didn't take it easy on him, but fair questions.

Not sure if I just ignored most of his interviews while he was in Van, but man, I really didn't get how MUCH of a meathead that guy is. How did he get drafted 6th OA?! Can barely put rational sentences together.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:46 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:34 pm Mark Spector all over Fat Jake even before he steps on the ice for camp.
Just watched his presser with Edm media - they certainly didn't take it easy on him, but fair questions.

Not sure if I just ignored most of his interviews while he was in Van, but man, I really didn't get how MUCH of a meathead that guy is. How did he get drafted 6th OA?! Can barely put rational sentences together.
Well he is from Abbotsford
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:56 pm Well he is from Abbotsford
Probably believes in god too.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:00 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:56 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Well he is from Abbotsford
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Curmudgeon wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:54 am Oilers take the plunge, signing Virtanen to a PTO.
GL to Virts, might be his last kick in the can for the NHL. Man, still remember when he was in the young stars tournament and he layeth the smackdown on McJesus. If he would have played with that kind of grit and hustled more nites than not, he would easily have had a solid NHL career and be a player like Raffi Torres.

UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 am Subban retire.

Most acknowledge that he has something left to give if his price was reasonable. But my speculation is that PK Subban has a great media opportunity available to him, and it affords him a far better transition to his next stage in life than being a 3rd pairing guy with 2d PP responsibility.
Yeah, I think Subban still has something left in the tank as well. If we had the money, I wouldn't mind getting him on a cheap salary, but it appears he's not really interested in that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am
Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:41 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:30 pm What is Gudbranson’s new contract?
4 per again. Garbage contract. Jarmo had a Yimmy moment. That player at 2 million is solid value. 100% overpaid.
Three different GMs have signed The Guds to contracts ranging from $3.5M - $4M per year

... for a total of 9 years of service.

Do you find that maddening Blob?

Does it trouble you?
Not really. They’re all not too bright.

But I give you A for effort and
HA! If there's one thing worse than a madman, it's a madman in denial.

Come on Blob. Elmer alone signing him to $4M drove you mad, you've been ranting and raving about it for years!

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am I’m sure Lizzy laughed at your “humour” obviously with your arm in his ass.
Yeah, you're not insane, you're not delusional, I have complete control over some of the posters here.

They're in my gang, right Blob? :look:

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am That’s an adorable pet name you have for him though.

“The Guds”

Does it trouble you?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:36 pm
:lol:
Sometimes I make Cuz laugh at Blob's jokes, just to throw folks off the scent.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:28 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am
Strangelove wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:48 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:41 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:30 pm What is Gudbranson’s new contract?
4 per again. Garbage contract. Jarmo had a Yimmy moment. That player at 2 million is solid value. 100% overpaid.
Three different GMs have signed The Guds to contracts ranging from $3.5M - $4M per year

... for a total of 9 years of service.

Does it trouble you?
Not really. They’re all not too bright.

But I give you A for effort and
HA! If there's one thing worse than a madman, it's a madman in denial.

Come on Blob. Elmer alone signing him to $4M drove you mad, you've been ranting and raving about it for years!

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am I’m sure Lizzy laughed at your “humour” obviously with your arm in his ass.
Yeah, you're not insane, you're not delusional, I have complete control over some of the posters here.

They're in my gang, right Blob? :look:

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:55 am That’s an adorable pet name you have for him though.

“The Guds”

Does it trouble you?
yEs YoU gEtTeD mE aGaIn.

YoU aRe GoOd At ThE iNtErNeT. :drink:
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:56 am Chara and Subban retire.

Even with Chara being a key part of the Bruin team that denied the Canucks the Cup, I always liked the guy. A hard worker, tough to play against, a true pro. He defeated time. I had this sense when Ottawa chose to keep Redden instead of Chara they were making a mistake, but who could have known just how huge that mistake was. While the stats-driven HHOF is biased against stay at home defensemen, Chara should be in on the first ballot.

There's been a lot of chatter about PK over the past month. Most acknowledge that he has something left to give if his price was reasonable. But my speculation is that PK Subban has a great media opportunity available to him, and it affords him a far better transition to his next stage in life than being a 3rd pairing guy with 2d PP responsibility. Subban's never struck me as a hockey or life is meaningless guy.

I wish both these guys the best. They are totally different personalities who played the same position totally differently, but I think both of them made their teams better and increased the entertainment level of the game. Come get your gold watch.
AMEN as Leonard Cohen has it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:33 pm yEs YoU gEtTeD mE aGaIn.

YoU aRe GoOd At ThE iNtErNeT. :drink:
Good Lord!

You're sounding more and more like Gomer every day Blob!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Tciso wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:10 am New York Rangers Trade Nils Lundkvist to Dallas Stars. Guess he is off the market. Good return, as they get a 1st plus a 3rd/4th back.
Wow, Rangers got a great return on a player who had a so-so first year pro in NA. No way we would have gotten a 1st rounder for Hoggy.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:00 pm
Nope. Just good lawyers. :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Friedman reporting that teams have received some guidance as to where the cap's going over the next few years. Up another million next year, another $4-4.5 million for both 2024/25 and 2025/26, ultimately hitting around $92 million.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nh ... e-seasons/