Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 am Green should have benched guds if he ever tried to make a pass that didnt involve the glass
Gudbranson is settling in on the bottom pairing with the return of Letang and Schultz.Ice time in the 16-17 min range. It’s a perfect place for him and the perfect team. Guy was a lightning rod here and way too much was expected of him. Curious if he will be able to stick around there for a couple years or if they’ll have to move salary around. He looks decent with that Petterson kid. It was never going to work here and it was a good move for the player and Vancouver.

Would be nice if the other to polarizing players can be fired out of a cannon this summer. No real use here for either Louis or Butter.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Carlyee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:52 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:13 pm
Carlyee wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:33 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:14 pm McCann - a loser in Florida. A winner in Pittsburgh

Schultz a loser in Edmonton a winner in Pittsburg

Kessel a loser in Toronto a winner in Pittsburgh

Bonino a loser in vancouver a winner in Pittsburgh

Winner winner chicken dinner
Imagine if you will a coaching staff that builds systems in which players can thrive. Such a novel concept :P
I wonder if having 2 of the games best forwards over the last decade might have something to do with bums on other teams becoming non-bums on Pittsburgh?
Clearly, but the coaching staff builds around them a system that almost any half decent hockey player can slot into and have success. Systems like that make a team greater than the sum of its component parts.

It's simple really. Armed forces all around the globe do the exact same thing. Any boot can sling lead down range, they just need competent leaders to show there where to do it.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:11 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:35 am Green should have benched guds if he ever tried to make a pass that didnt involve the glass
Gudbranson is settling in on the bottom pairing with the return of Letang and Schultz.Ice time in the 16-17 min range. It’s a perfect place for him and the perfect team. Guy was a lightning rod here and way too much was expected of him. Curious if he will be able to stick around there for a couple years or if they’ll have to move salary around. He looks decent with that Petterson kid. It was never going to work here and it was a good move for the player and Vancouver.

Would be nice if the other to polarizing players can be fired out of a cannon this summer. No real use here for either Louis or Butter.
So two top centers and two high scoring dmen = success for the rest of the team hey? hmmmmm, all the more reason to throw the Brink's truck at EK.

Having elite talent will enable the rest of your team to perform at optimal levels suited in a more depth like role.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So two top centers and two high scoring dmen = success for the rest of the team hey? hmmmmm, all the more reason to throw the Brink's truck at EK.
lol.. When your hammer, EVERYTHING is a nail.

Someone could type that water was wet, and you would spin it for another good reason for EK to sign here.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am
So two top centers and two high scoring dmen = success for the rest of the team hey?
hmmmmm, all the more reason to throw the Brink's truck at EK.
lol.. When your hammer, EVERYTHING is a nail.

Someone could type that water was wet, and you would spin it for another good reason for EK to sign here.
Water is life, and you can't cross the sea by standing and staring at it, sometimes you gotta go hard or go home.
#SignEK
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Drew Doughty saying a lot of people in the league hate Matthew Tkachuk, they have no respect for him at all on or off the ice.

I mean Tkachuk does turtle out of fights after deliberately trying to injure someone or what not, just a shady dude.
Drew Doughty just teed off on Matthew Tkachuk, who he'll face tonight:

"No respect for him, none. I respect everyone else.

I’ll never talk to him off the ice. ... He’s not respected by most of the people in the league, it’s not just me – that’s just a fact."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:26 pm Drew Doughty saying a lot of people in the league hate Matthew Tkachuk, they have no respect for him at all on or off the ice.

I mean Tkachuk does turtle out of fights after deliberately trying to injure someone or what not, just a shady dude.
Drew Doughty just teed off on Matthew Tkachuk, who he'll face tonight:

"No respect for him, none. I respect everyone else.

I’ll never talk to him off the ice. ... He’s not respected by most of the people in the league, it’s not just me – that’s just a fact."
We have heard the same things about dozens of players in the NHL over the past 20-30 years, Bobby Clarke, Ken Linseman, Dale Hunter and on and to Burrows, Kesler, Ott etc
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canes gonna lose prospect Adam Fox for nothing it appears.
Per multiple sources, Harvard junior D Adam Fox will return for senior season, opting not to sign with Carolina Hurricanes.

Favors becoming free agent next summer. Great news for Crimson and college hockey as a whole.
21 yrs old, right shot, 5.10lbs Weight 185lbs.
had 32gp. 9g, 39a, 48pts this season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 pm Canes gonna lose prospect Adam Fox for nothing it appears.
Per multiple sources, Harvard junior D Adam Fox will return for senior season, opting not to sign with Carolina Hurricanes.

Favors becoming free agent next summer. Great news for Crimson and college hockey as a whole.
They have 10 months to deal him. He’s got 3/4 of a Harvard degree. He didn’t say he wouldn’t sign in Carolina. If they get nothing for him that’s poor asset management
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:03 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:44 pm Canes gonna lose prospect Adam Fox for nothing it appears.

They have 10 months to deal him. He’s got 3/4 of a Harvard degree. He didn’t say he wouldn’t sign in Carolina. If they get nothing for him that’s poor asset management
Yeah unless his mind is made up already to join a NY team (where he's from) in which case those NY teams can just wait till he becomes a UFA to get him for nothing. Russian factor meets college/univ factor now.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Carolina is deep on D. He may just want to go somewhere were he has a better shot at making the NHL, sooner rather than later.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:18 pm Carolina is deep on D. He may just want to go somewhere were he has a better shot at making the NHL, sooner rather than later.
Maybe he wants to be scrutinized in a fishbowl like Vancouver while going through 5 umbrellas a year
If you need air...call it in
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:10 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:18 pm Carolina is deep on D. He may just want to go somewhere were he has a better shot at making the NHL, sooner rather than later.
Maybe he wants to be scrutinized in a fishbowl like Vancouver while going through 5 umbrellas a year
:lol: nice
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

If Fox doesn't sign with Carolina, the Lindholm/Hanafin trade looks even more lopsided for the Flames.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

BCExpat wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:27 pm If Fox doesn't sign with Carolina, the Lindholm/Hanafin trade looks even more lopsided for the Flames.
Why it's good to target RFA players who need richer contracts from poorer teams.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hedman injured again.
Officially, he is out for tonight with an upper-body injury