Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:16 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:15 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:12 pm Eastvander is one dumb mother fucker
Did not a bunch of posters here want us to acquire him?
Yes and their ringleader was none other than poster DocStrangelove107

:lol:

(*I may or may not have been part of this...I have no recollection)

:look:
To be fair, many wanted him, I believe they thought that mom's home cooking could keep him in line and focused.

Thankfully, I was never a part of that group, his talent is undeniable and would have been an asset on the Canucks but you can't fix that level of stupid.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:16 am Yes and their ringleader was none other than poster DocStrangelove107

I think I may have been.

On the one hand, being close to his family may have kept him from being a total fuckup. On the other hand, being the big fish in the small pond of Vancouver's nightlife may have accelerated his downfall to total douchiness.

Amazing that for all his foibles, he's still scored 175 goals in the NHL since having Byfuglien throwing his track suit in the shower :lol:
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

ESQ wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:48 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:16 am Yes and their ringleader was none other than poster DocStrangelove107

I think I may have been.

On the one hand, being close to his family may have kept him from being a total fuckup. On the other hand, being the big fish in the small pond of Vancouver's nightlife may have accelerated his downfall to total douchiness.

Amazing that for all his foibles, he's still scored 175 goals in the NHL since having Byfuglien throwing his track suit in the shower :lol:
As I said, his talent is undeniable and if the Canucks were able to get him for cheap and him mom could keep him in line, it could have worked out well.

But he seems to be a special level of stupid, doubt anything could have turned it around.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Dude best get help quick before he ends up as one of those ever so special athletes that does real jail time.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Even after all this, I would consider him on a league minimum deal for a cup run. His off ice shenanigans aside, he would be just what the doctor ordered for a team that gets shoved around a bit like the canucks
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If he had come here, him and Jake woul have gotten on well together 😉
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:07 am Even after all this, I would consider him on a league minimum deal for a cup run. His off ice shenanigans aside, he would be just what the doctor ordered for a team that gets shoved around a bit like the canucks
You sure about this - you want that cancer in a room with QH EP VP and NH showing them the way of the wicked?
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:07 am Even after all this, I would consider him on a league minimum deal for a cup run. His off ice shenanigans aside, he would be just what the doctor ordered for a team that gets shoved around a bit like the canucks
You sure about this - you want that cancer in a room with QH EP VP and NH showing them the way of the wicked?
I only works when you have a solid leadership core and you bring in the high maintenance player as a complimentary piece. The troubles start when annoint them a core asset
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Suddenly getting Ricky Vaughn vibes.

Benning: Can you make it in time for the playoffs?
Kane: Not sure I''ll be available by then.

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:27 am
donlever wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 am
I only works when you have a solid leadership core and you bring in the high maintenance player as a complimentary piece. The troubles start when annoint them a core asset
Wonder what the hell went wrong?

"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You folks need to listen to Topper a hell of a lot more, lest you end up with a sea of Evader Muntiny Stumpy lil' Trojans.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:27 am I only works when you have a solid leadership core and you bring in the high maintenance player as a complimentary piece. The troubles start when annoint them a core asset
.....on the other side of the equation cancerous malignance breeds cancerous malignance.

I'd give it a hard pass....
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:47 am You folks need to listen to Topper a hell of a lot more, lest you end up with a sea of Evader Muntiny Stumpy lil' Trojans.
It would be easier for many if you didn't speak in tongues....
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am
Topper wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:47 am You folks need to listen to Topper a hell of a lot more, lest you end up with a sea of Evader Muntiny Stumpy lil' Trojans.
I for one….. miss most of tops references… zoom :cry:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:54 am
Because you were AWOL,

The Evader Mutiny - what I called Evander Kane after he quit on the Jets, while Doc and many wanted the Canucks to acquire him.
Stumpy - The general name for Cody Hodgson after he was called Stamkos on stumps when drafted. Spud and Tant loved him a hated that I ragged on him. Then the pump and dump story came out along with the Daddy dearest tales.
Lil' Trojan - The name I gave Troy Stetcher, yet another in the Canuck fan list of much loved runts that I had no love for. Many could not see his defensive glaring gaffs and how he made his D partner worse.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.