Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Blob, if you can get the hometown discount from Myers, why not. His wife from BV their home is in the Okanagan. Where did I say sign him for IIHF Nylander money?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zaitsev no interest. Where did I say that?

I’d listen if they threw in a 1st pick take them off their hands

I’m loving how the GMs around the league aren’t in a rush to help out Dubas, the darling of Analytics, with his cap issues. Make the idiot sweat, pressure mount
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Myers is BRUTAL. Stay away. People like him because of a Calder a decade ago and he's big. But terrible now.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 am Zaitsev no interest. Where did I say that?
I’m busting your balls just like I alledgedly said Quinton Hughes was a clone of Shane Ghostisbehere.

As I said for Myers not a penny over 5 and not a year over 5. He’s a #4 at best right now who will decline in a couple of years. He ain’t much better than a guy like Benn but he will get a lot more money and term. Go read what Jets fans think of him on their forum.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:56 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 am Zaitsev no interest. Where did I say that?
I’m busting your balls just like I alledgedly said Quinton Hughes was a clone of Shane Ghostisbehere.

As I said for Myers not a penny over 5 and not a year over 5. He’s a #4 at best right now who will decline in a couple of years. He ain’t much better than a guy like Benn but he will get a lot more money and term. Go read what Jets fans think of him on their forum.
Blob, what is with your love affair with the Benns?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:17 am Tyler Myers is tall.

Nikita Zaitsev is Russian.

Dude wants this as a bottom pairing and he’d love to pay them a combined 12.5 million a year.
Haha the dude will totally be on here all justifying it if benning makes those moves
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/SportsCentre/status ... 2394918913
SportsCentre
@SportsCentre

JUST IN: Dallas Eakins is the "last man standing" in #Ducks' head coaching search, according to TSN's Frank Seravalli. A formal announcement is expected sometime this week.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:36 am
Hopefully Zaitsev goes to the Oilers.
OR

Sit down with Kyle and have a dube>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ass
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's a week old but still pertinent.

Will be flying everywhere !!!

Chill Mick, maybe one or two.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Jacob Trouba traded to NYR for their 1st (20th OV) and D Neal Pionk.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

theman wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:56 pm Jacob Trouba traded to NYR for their 1st (20th OV) and D Neal Pionk.
Would have liked Trouba if he came signed. That was never going to happen so..... Pionk isn’t very good. The 20th pick is okay but maybe they should have moved this guy a couple years ago when they first started having issues.

Hopefully Winnipeg re-signs the Friendly Giant now and takes him off the market.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm
theman wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:56 pm Jacob Trouba traded to NYR for their 1st (20th OV) and D Neal Pionk.
Would have liked Trouba if he came signed. That was never going to happen so..... Pionk isn’t very good. The 20th pick is okay but maybe they should have moved this guy a couple years ago when they first started having issues.

Hopefully Winnipeg re-signs the Friendly Giant now and takes him off the market.
With Karlsson gone, if Myers re-signs in Winnipeg the biggest names left on the blueline for free agency will be Edler and Gardiner.

I hope Jim doesn’t overplay his hand. Let Edler ask around and find out that nobody else wants to offer him protection in the expansion draft. Then see if he circles back with his hand out.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:49 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm

With Karlsson gone, if Myers re-signs in Winnipeg the biggest names left on the blueline for free agency will be Edler and Gardiner.

I hope Jim doesn’t overplay his hand. Let Edler ask around and find out that nobody else wants to offer him protection in the expansion draft. Then see if he circles back with his hand out.
Murphy was saying yesterday that trade protection wasn’t the issue with the Edler camp. Their issue is term. He didn’t speculate as to how far apart the two are in term but sounds like cap and trade protection can be worked out.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm Murphy was saying yesterday that trade protection wasn’t the issue with the Edler camp. Their issue is term. He didn’t speculate as to how far apart the two are in term but sounds like cap and trade protection can be worked out.
In that case give him 3 years if we must.

We can always buy out that 3rd year if necessary.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:31 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm Murphy was saying yesterday that trade protection wasn’t the issue with the Edler camp. Their issue is term. He didn’t speculate as to how far apart the two are in term but sounds like cap and trade protection can be worked out.
In that case give him 3 years if we must.

We can always buy out that 3rd year if necessary.
I’d be ok with that. But I got the impression he wants 4-5, probably settle with 4. I’d give him a full NTC first two years and modified after that. I just think Benning is counting on Hughes, Juolevi and Trymankin to be patrolling the left side in 2-3 years. That’s sounds about right which means no room for Edler at that point.
The only HW the Canucks need