Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Richardstroker69 »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:07 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:47 pm
Topper wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:20 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am Gilman has it under control over there, don’t you worry.
Lol, the only capologist that orchestrated a contract that’s getting retroactively punished to the tune of 3 million a year. And yet the fan base in Vancouver still praises this moron
Sarcasm
I realize, and I’m agreeing with his sarcasm.
Yeah, being retroactively punished for finding a loophole surely evidences the stupitidy of the capologist rather than of the league. :roll:
Well when the league said these contracts would be punished prior to them signing it and they went ahead and signed it anyway, it paints them as idiots. But what really paints them as idiots is the fact they traded that contract out of team control, setting us up for this ridiculous recapture penalty.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No.... it was a bush league move by the league period.

Full stop.

Frank Aquilini should have at least had enough balls to challenge the penalty but we all know he is a joke.

You don’t start changing parts of a CBA when it’s already in effect. It was garbage and it was and is horseshit.

Seriously you’r either a retard or a troll blaming this on former management
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm Yeah.... no

The fact the Canucks are the ONLY team to get whacked with this ridiculous penalty when the league already ALLOWED said contracts to be REGISTERED with said league and are now punishing teams is a farce.

I’m a Gary Bettman supporter but this is a joke

And the fact Vancouver didn’t even whimper about it when they got booted in the nuts for it is a bigger joke. This franchise has made a career out of grabbing their ankles.
Vancouver gave up the right to whimper when your favourite gm traded the contract out of team control, the league would have had no issue if he would have ltired like Hossa did. What will be interesting is if shea Weber decides to retire.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Why is Doyles always in Gilman and Gillis’ corner? They are phony bolognees!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am Gilman has it under control over there, don’t you worry.
Lol, the only capologist that orchestrated a contract that’s getting retroactively punished to the tune of 3 million a year. And yet the fan base in Vancouver still praises this moron
Sarcasm
Yeah, being retroactively punished for finding a loophole surely evidences the stupitidy of the capologist rather than of the league. :roll:
Well when the league said these contracts would be punished prior to them signing it...
Source?

The league, in fact, approved the contract as was required by the (then current) CBA (2005 - S. 11.3).

I do agree with you that trading Luongo's contract away was not wise (but was that Gilman's or Gillis' fault?).
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:06 pm Why is Doyles always in Gilman and Gillis’ corner? They are phony bolognees!
This is about a bush league rule by a bush league that is a joke compared to the big 3. They are irrelevant in most of the US.?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:24 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm
Sarcasm
Well when the league said these contracts would be punished prior to them signing it...
Source?

The league, in fact, approved the contract as was required by the (then current) CBA (2005 - S. 11.3).

I do agree with you that trading Luongo's contract away was not wise (but was that Gilman's or Gillis' fault?).
Widely known the team was warned prior to signing the contract the ignored the warning.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm Widely known the team was warned prior to signing the contract the ignored the warning.
And yet they are the ONLY team to be punished

It hadn't been enforced period until Vancouver took it in the ass. The Canucks and the league should be ashamed, got fuck all to do with Elmer
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

There’s a few posters who will throw shade at past management to draw attention away from the uneven job current management is doing/has done.

This is a league thing. It isn’t a Gillis/Gillman thing. These same posters would be screaming bloody murder if the current administration got dinged like this
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:59 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm Widely known the team was warned prior to signing the contract the ignored the warning.

It hadn't been enforced period until Vancouver took it in the ass.
It was enforced long ago in a galaxy far away (Kovalchuk).
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:48 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:44 pm Well when the league said these contracts would be punished prior to them signing it...
Source?

Widely known the team was warned prior to signing the contract the ignored the warning.
Yeah there was talk of it at the time.

But we didn't care because we figured Lord Stanley was coming to town.

Why Canucks didn't later CBO Luongo though I'll never know...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Bottom line. They endorsed the contract which was perfectly legal within the system both sides agreed upon. The penalty to New Jersey was also bush league
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:28 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Bottom line. They endorsed the contract which was perfectly legal within the system both sides agreed upon. The penalty to New Jersey was also bush league
We had a way to escape the penalty... CBO.

If you're not going to CBO him, you can't ever trade him and lose control.

(like Dicky said)

Otherwise it's bad management.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don’t disagree that it was bad management. I hated the contract the day it was signed. That said the Mickey Mouse league should have grandfathered the contract in. We all know this. Anyone arguing differently is being purposely obtuse.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:38 pm I don’t disagree that it was bad management. I hated the contract the day it was signed. That said the Mickey Mouse league should have grandfathered the contract in. We all know this. Anyone arguing differently is being purposely obtuse.
Yes the league should have grandfathered it.

Still bad management on Canucks part.

How many times did yours truly scream: "CBO Luongo!!!"

(a bunch of teams escaped recapture with CBOs)

Now I don't know how much of that falls on Gillis and how much on Aquaman...
____
Try to focus on someday.