Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm I will give you the last part though....what a prick
Who, RK17 or yours truly? :look:

And why, just this past season RK17 won fights over Matthew Tkachuk, Jonathan Toews, and Ryan Johansen!

(according to Drop Your Gloves)
RKs the prick dude. You know i dont get all pissy about much in here lol...let alone that. Just glad to see you made it back from bible camp (or your visit to the Creston colony)

Cant say much about those fights but if the RK vs RJ fight is scored as a win for cryin Ryan then they dont have much credibility do they
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm I will give you the last part though....what a prick
Who, RK17 or yours truly? :look:

And why, just this past season RK17 won fights over Matthew Tkachuk, Jonathan Toews, and Ryan Johansen!

(according to Drop Your Gloves)
Cant say much about those fights but if the RK vs RJ fight is scored as a win for cryin Ryan then they dont have much credibility do they

Those three fights were within a 9 week span, starting 2 days after he returned from major hip surgery.

Kess can handle himself just fine.

Butt ass you know that's a secondary part of RK17's game.

Job One: Drive the opposition completely insane, throw them off their game.

Ryan Kesler just flat out PWNS people and I know a part of you still loves him for that Danny! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Those three wins were pretty weak scraps. He ain’t exactly Iginla or Shanahan with the mitts off. More like Katy Perry
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 pm Those three wins were pretty weak scraps. He ain’t exactly Iginla or Shanahan with the mitts off.
Perhaps, but I was responding to Danny saying he doesn't fight/is a lousy fighter.

And again: Job One is climbing inside people's heads and leaving steaming piles... not fighting.

So many Canuck fans once L O V E D this about him... but now feel they must try to see zero good (evil) in the guy.

"WAH he dumped us, WAH he doesn't love us!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuck off y'all, you always knew he was a major asshole....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

He bent the franchise over and power fucked us but so did Bure and we still love the guy. He did score a wicked goal in 2011 on the Predators before getting hurt and becoming more af a non factor

18 yr old Matthew Tkachuk deserved it but hardly got his ass handed to him by big bad Ryan. The Toews fight was barely a win but a win i guess. Both are noted tough guys i know but when you're reaching anything to grab will do :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:08 pm Those three wins were pretty weak scraps. He ain’t exactly Iginla or Shanahan with the mitts off.
Perhaps, but I was responding to Danny saying he doesn't fight/is a lousy fighter.

And again: Job One is climbing inside people's heads and leaving steaming piles... not fighting.

So many Canuck fans once L O V E D this about him... but now feel they must try to see zero good (evil) in the guy.

Meh I was more of a fan of his pre 2011. When he was just a young hard working player who didn’t dive and somersault all over the ice and tell everyone how great he was.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

My beef with him has more to do with his cuckolding tendencies and their repercussions.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

When Lou was abdicating, my vote went to Ryan.
Wonder if anything in the record books would be different?
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

I agree that he gets into people's heads, but those videos are not evidence that he can fight, or even handle himself in a fight. RK is a good agitator, but it's a stretch to call him a fighter, or even a lousy fighter.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.spectorshockey.net/2018/08/ ... t-21-2018/

I just cannot see the leaves waiting this long.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Real fresh take right there
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I think the leaves will either pursue Faulk or Tanev.
Almost the same money, Faulk 300k more, both 2 years left.
Faulk 2 years younger though. More points but a shitty +/-

All irrelevant most likely as I don't think the Canucks will dance on Tanev any time soon.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Leaves management and Leaves fans seem unwilling thus far to pay the price for a legit top-pairing RSD.

Instead they keep rolling with the cheapass sneaky/smarter-than-everyone-else moves.

"We'll overpower everyone with tons of offence, we'll be the reincarnation of the 80's Oilers!"

"Let's just bring in undrafted Zaitsev from Russia and overpay him in dollars/term."

"Let's just bring in Old Man stick-a-fork-in-him Hainsey and play him on his off-side until he's 38."

As a Leaves hater, I'm very happy with "the Shanaplan". :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:01 pm Leaves management and Leaves fans seem unwilling thus far to pay the price for a legit top-pairing RSD.

Instead they keep rolling with the cheapass sneaky/smarter-than-everyone-else moves.

"We'll overpower everyone with tons of offence, we'll be the reincarnation of the 80's Oilers!"

"Let's just bring in undrafted Zaitsev from Russia and overpay him in dollars/term."

"Let's just bring in Old Man stick-a-fork-in-him Hainsey and play him on his off-side until he's 38."

As a Leaves hater, I'm very happy with "the Shanaplan". :mrgreen:
The moneypuck moves don’t always work when building a team. The thing is they got the assets and the forward depth to give up a Nylander and a high pick to get a top right shot dman. If they’re too chicken to try there gonna waste their best chance at winning a cup, once the money comes due they’ll be in a salary cap hell.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:02 pm The thing is they got the assets and the forward depth to give up a Nylander and a high pick to get a top right shot dman. If they’re too chicken to try there gonna waste their best chance at winning a cup, once the money comes due they’ll be in a salary cap hell.
Yep. It's never a bad thing to have a lot of good assets. Poor decisions (Oilers/Hall) could really screw them, but they're in a better position organizationally than a majority of the league.