Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:
SKYO wrote:
Their defense still isn't that great, they'd probably like to have Edler & Miller in a bigger deal, but they just lost their biggest trade chip in Nichushkin.
Or...we acknowledge now that we dont have a hope in hell this year and buy Nuke for cheap...maybe Miller and...i dunno...a second?
(wiggle wiggle)
lolcrazy guy, well nukes gone to russia, so a miller to dallas trade is never going to happen. 8-)
#NukesInRussia
Hockey Widow wrote:Ekblad done after suffering a concussion. Second of his career. Is returning to Florida to be re-evaluated.
sheesh his 3rd concussion already.
@TSNSteveLloyd

Can't blame Ekblad & the Panthers for being cautious. If it is determined to be a concussion, it's his 3rd since August 2014.
Worse than I thought :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

.......... a drum roll please............

at least its not his shoulder

***********cymbal crash**************
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

Guddy's value just went up.

:P
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BladesofSteel wrote:Guddy's value just went up.

:P
Don't jinx him. Gudbranson had 2 concussions in 3 months last season.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Marchand inks 6-year extension.
Brad Marchand has signed an eight-year, $49 million contract extension with the Boston Bruins.

The deal holds an average annual value of $6.125 million and keeps the winger with the Bruins through the 2024-2025 season. Marchand also has a full no-movement clause for the first five years and a modified no-trade clause the rest of the way, according to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie.
That's a lot of coin/term to hang on to a 5'9 guy who's universally hated until he's 36.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Decent contract for the player and the team. Marchand should remain productive through most of the deal.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The money and term don't surprise me but the full NMC does a little.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Decent contract for the player and the team. Marchand should remain productive through most of the deal.
Pretty scary length. Given how he plays,i expect a Burrows style drop in production starting at 30.

Good on Boston.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tciso wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Decent contract for the player and the team. Marchand should remain productive through most of the deal.
Pretty scary length. Given how he plays,i expect a Burrows style drop in production starting at 30.

Good on Boston.
For some reason I thought it was a six year deal. Probably two years too long but that's what keeps the cap hit down I guess. Burrows took a dive at 33, so Marchand had five years to get to that age. Boston should have maybe done six years at 7 million. Not sure if Marchand bites on that though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tciso wrote:

Good on Boston.
For some reason I thought it was a six year deal. Probably two years too long but that's what keeps the cap hit down I guess. Burrows took a dive at 33, so Marchand had five years to get to that age. Boston should have maybe done six years at 7 million. Not sure if Marchand bites on that though.
It is too long. 8 years, but as an extension to this year, it is basically 9 years total. He'll be turning 37 when it expires. He might be like LMRB in longevity, but I don't think so.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tciso wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tciso wrote:

Good on Boston.
It is too long. 8 years, but as an extension to this year, it is basically 9 years total. He'll be turning 37 when it expires. He might be like LMRB in longevity, but I don't think so.
Well, Chara may retire sooner than later and some may laugh at me but I can see Marchant being named next Captain. :shock: Go ahead, tell me I'm nuts...
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Your nucking futs!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

micky107 wrote: Well, Chara may retire sooner than later and some may laugh at me but I can see Marchant being named next Captain. :shock: Go ahead, tell me I'm nuts...
I think Bergeron may have a slight leg up over Marchand there, mick.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It's gotta be Bergeron, but Marchand has shown a lot of professionalism with Team Canada over the past few weeks. He has been well-spoken in interviews and disciplined on the ice while playing at a very high level. If he keeps behaving like that, he's going to have a lot of converts. However... it's also possible that he's just clever enough to know exactly how to compete in every situation: put him back in a Stanley Cup final and he might revert to classless-moron.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BladesofSteel wrote:
micky107 wrote: Well, Chara may retire sooner than later and some may laugh at me but I can see Marchant being named next Captain. :shock: Go ahead, tell me I'm nuts...
I think Bergeron may have a slight leg up over Marchand there, mick.
And rightfully so, but does he want it and hard to believe but he's 31 already..
"evolution"