Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cornuck »

And the NHL eventually realized they looked like a bunch of assholes.
The league finally made the "determination to maintain the status quo for the All-Star weekend in order to preserve all parties' pre-existing expectations, including Scott's desire to participate."
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14602 ... -canadiens
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Rayxor wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Yeah I totally remember back in the day when Hodgson had his first camp and HW proclaimed to all that would listen that he didn't have the skating to be an NHL'er. LMAO
I admit that I drank the COHO KoolAid. I thought any player can work on his skating, and it was the one thing missing in his toolbox. I didn't know that he ALSO was drinking the COHO KoolAid.
I am also guilty but what the fuck...its a game.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

'Ever since then, I've always adopted the Dude's predictions as gospel.'

You are kidding .....right? Tell me you are being sarcastic. Drinking the Dude's kool-aid is like Jim Jones city
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cotton hill...I called him so that shows his stumpy legs can't produce speed....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Capitals are looking sick, they've actually got goaltending now.

Could this finally be the year they make it to the Final? I think so.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:And the NHL eventually realized they looked like a bunch of assholes.
The league finally made the "determination to maintain the status quo for the All-Star weekend in order to preserve all parties' pre-existing expectations, including Scott's desire to participate."
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14602 ... -canadiens
Score ran a story this morning on 3 ways to get out of this. Didn't realize that Scott's wife is ready to calve, possibly all-star weekend. There is also a $90,000 cheque to players on the winning team so Scott would have a good grievance case through the NHLPA.

NHL PR had shit thrown on their face by the fan voting, discussion with Scott to abstain smeared it around, with the trade debacle some got in their mouth and they finally realized how dumb they looked.

The All-Star weekend is a fan event specifically directed at families and young fans. The League lost sight of that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

It's not like Scott can make the All Star game more of a joke than it already is. When was the last time any of you watched this piece of shit?

If Scott had any class he would probably decline, but it's funny watching the league flail around.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Rumsfeld wrote:It's not like Scott can make the All Star game more of a joke than it already is. When was the last time any of you watched this piece of shit?

If Scott had any class he would probably decline, but it's funny watching the league flail around.
I might watch just to see that big mess try. I think it's hilarious. Nobody gives a shit about the all-star game, why not let the fans select the John Scott's or the Rory Fitzpatrick's of the world.

I think they should mix all of it with HBO's 24/7 and the pre-drinking of the All-Star draft from a couple years ago. See how fast Kane skates after he downs 3 shots of Jack Daniels, only to watch him sail into the zamboni entrance and attack the squad of ice-girls getting ready to fire t-shirts into the crowd. Uncensored and mic'd up.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Let the fans vote for the player on their team to represent. The rest, go by stats, somehow.

Funny how if a player turns down the All Star game they can be suspended but the NHL even bothered to ask Scott to not go.

I just think seeing Scott 3-3 may be enough to get me to watch!
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Rumsfeld wrote:It's not like Scott can make the All Star game more of a joke than it already is. When was the last time any of you watched this piece of shit?

Scott talked it over with friends and family who convinced him to go and have fun - and reminded him that he won't be getting a 2nd chance.

My odds of watching went up a quantum due to Scott's involvement. Also checking the over/under on Jagr's heart attack.

It would almost be worth tuning in just to see NBC's explanation of how Scott ended up at the game. :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If the NHL wants to solve this it's easy.

List of 50 players and 5 goalies from each conference. Fans vote. Done.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Drouin refuses to report to an AHL game, is suspended without pay by the Lightening. Drouin's agent saying it's because he doesn't want to risk injury while awaiting a trade.

Wonder how this diva stunt affects his trade value.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Drouin refuses to report to an AHL game, is suspended without pay by the Lightening. Drouin's agent saying it's because he doesn't want to risk injury while awaiting a trade.

:shock:

:roll: Kids today...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Good for him. There is a problem in Tampa when St. Louis wants out, Drouin wants out and Stamkos has yet to re-sign. They're ruining the kid.

Get it done Jim.

Would you trade a first for him, say in 2017, plus a little extra?
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Drouin refuses to report to an AHL game, is suspended without pay by the Lightening. Drouin's agent saying it's because he doesn't want to risk injury while awaiting a trade.

But yeah Drouin has been playing in the AHL for a bit,
Syracuse coach Rob Zettler said Drouin has fit in with his teammates.

"I see a kid who is really engaged," Zettler said. "I see him having some fun, I see him having some fun with his teammates. I asked him what he did yesterday, he said, 'I was just hanging out with the boys.' He's engaged, he seems to be having some fun with his teammates, and we're winning some hockey games, so I think he's having some fun."
..then a trade was imminent, so now to avoid a Nugent-Hopkins type injury which would delay a trade, Allan the agent decided it's best for JD to not report to the AHL team. (as SL has shown^^)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.