Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am Don't know if posted elsewhere, but icymi Patrik Berglund is on waivers, iirc JB sought him in a package in 2014 for the RK trade.
Absolutely not no thank you at all
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am Don't know if posted elsewhere, but icymi Patrik Berglund is on waivers
Twas unconditional waivers and he just agreed to terminate his contract...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/berglu ... 58144.html

Very strange...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He hasn't shown up for work for week now. AWOL.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am Don't know if posted elsewhere, but icymi Patrik Berglund is on waivers, iirc JB sought him in a package in 2014 for the RK trade.
Berglund
for
Eriksson

:P
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:53 pm
Berglund
for
Eriksson
And a 6th :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If Berglund's issues in Buffalo were strictly with the organization or city, and he is willing to take a very low "show me" contract for the remainder of the season, then I would offer him a $2M pro-rated contract for the balance of this season. Send Schaller to the farm.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:13 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:34 am Don't know if posted elsewhere, but icymi Patrik Berglund is on waivers
Twas unconditional waivers and he just agreed to terminate his contract...

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/berglu ... 58144.html

Very strange...
Ah thanks.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:36 am
Absolutely not no thank you at all
aha camman man he's had a couple solid playoff performances, has the size with 6'4-219lbs LW, probably will sign a cheap one year deal, likely he'll want to move far from the east as possible to like the pacific northwest.
& don't have to use up assets to acquire said services, like for a one Berekovsky(sp)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Mëds wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am If Berglund's issues in Buffalo were strictly with the organization or city, and he is willing to take a very low "show me" contract for the remainder of the season, then I would offer him a $2M pro-rated contract for the balance of this season. Send Schaller to the farm.
It seems that's a big if. And it seems to me to be unlikely. Because the way one typically handles a problem with the organization or city is to make a trade demand, not to fail to show up at practice.

Something else is going on here, and it is likely something that would make Berglund unattractive to any team, at least in the near term. At any rate, what will be meaningful is if the NHLPAs inquiry doesn't come back with noise.
Hono_rary Canadian
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

This is how LA got their champ teams though back in 2011+ though isn't? capitalizing on these opportunities by getting these "problem" players.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am If Berglund's issues in Buffalo were strictly with the organization or city, and he is willing to take a very low "show me" contract for the remainder of the season, then I would offer him a $2M pro-rated contract for the balance of this season. Send Schaller to the farm.
I can't add anything to your post so I'll just whole heartily agree.
About as far as I would go too.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I am not against hard hitting hockey, it's part of the game. A player needs to keep his head up and be aware.
In other words, do not get enthralled with your feet or stick handling abilities. In addition.
Maybe should think twice about pissing off an experienced superstar or at least try and remember that you did. :)
https://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2 ... agner.html
Sorry, I don't think Erik should have even got a phone call?
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Doesn't look like EK is having much fun in SJ. He's on pace to have his worse season (points) since his 2nd year in the league (not including 2013 when he only played 17 games)

Now he gets suspended.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:40 am Doesn't look like EK is having much fun in SJ. He's on pace to have his worse season (points) since his 2nd year in the league (not including 2013 when he only played 17 games)

Now he gets suspended.
19 points in his last 19 games. His +\- has come way back. That suspension was a travesty
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:04 am
vic wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:40 am Doesn't look like EK is having much fun in SJ. He's on pace to have his worse season (points) since his 2nd year in the league (not including 2013 when he only played 17 games)

Now he gets suspended.
19 points in his last 19 games. His +\- has come way back. That suspension was a travesty
Sure, but he's not going to hold up a PPG for the remaining 43, even if he dips down to .8 PPG, that's a 60 point season, his worse since his 2nd year in the league. Take out his two worst years plus so far this year, and he scores at a .9 PPG pace, if he keeps that up, he's got 64 points - he had 62 last year and missed 11 games.

Suspension was worthy, he hit the guy in the head. The fact that more of these aren't called is a travesty.

I can't see SJ throwing 11+ his way to keep him. They'll also be forced to hold on to him for a playoff run. I think he'll become a UFA July 1.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I wonder if van could land him on july 1 if he hits the open market. They have the room and would definitely welcome him with arms wide open.

My money is on him not wanting to play up here though. I know i would hate to have to deal with retards asking for photos in gas stations and shit
If you need air...call it in