Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The prospects ar good but the team sucks.

So does the city btw. What a fucking eyesore the last time I was there. I'd rate it somewhere between Baghdad and Beirut. Embarassing to call it a Canadian city really
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The prospects ar good but the team sucks.

So does the city btw. What a fucking eyesore the last time I was there. I'd rate it somewhere between Baghdad and Beirut. Embarassing to call it a Canadian city really
cant we all just get along...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

olpaddy wrote:

cant we all just get along...
Mars Attacks...
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

And yet just finished right with Vancouver as the most liveable cities in the world.
Safest North American city and you're comparing it with war torn regions. LOL.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You know what's a terrifying eyesore Blobby? Immediate North East of downtown Vancouver all the way through the Fraser valley until you're leaving Hope. That's disgusting real estate my friend, ain't no hope for revitalization there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:You know what's a terrifying eyesore Blobby? Immediate North East of downtown Vancouver all the way through the Fraser valley until you're leaving Hope. That's disgusting real estate my friend, ain't no hope for revitalization there.
Why "In God's Good Green Earth" is that being allowed to happen?
Oh Yeah, money for Christie...
Should see Richmond. :evil:
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yup, it's all about squeezing in as many multi family low rise apartment buildings, in every square inch of land. All hail property taxes, the more the merrier, fill the coffers. Another word for High Density - future ghetto.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:Yup, it's all about squeezing in as many multi family low rise apartment buildings, in every square inch of land. All hail property taxes, the more the merrier, fill the coffers. Another word for High Density - future ghetto.
Can already see it, doesn't take long.
R.C.M.P. recruitment is at an all time low and their pay-checks are not what people think.
mmmm, 10 years down the road. yikes..
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

A wall should be built up commercial drive starting at the Burrard Inket to 12th just before Clark Park and go west to Main and then up main to 33rd and west to oak street and then south on oak to 41st and then west on 41st to arbutus and then south to marine and then carry the wall to the Fraser. Put guards on the south side of the lions gate and iron workers memorial bridge and water patrol the inlet because of the riff raff trying to sneak across from Burnaby North and Port Moody
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:You know what's a terrifying eyesore Blobby? Immediate North East of downtown Vancouver all the way through the Fraser valley until you're leaving Hope. That's disgusting real estate my friend, ain't no hope for revitalization there.
Still not as bad as Toronto.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

North Shore isn't so great anymore either Dude,some serious density happening on the lower levels
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All I know is that the city planners in this city need to be shot
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote: If he's healthy and they're keeping him out... well that's gonna brew discontent no?

I hear it's his right shoulder.

Watch leafers blame this injury (it lingers they'll say) when Andersen's sv% craters behind that horrid dee.
Oh my god. What will happen, the leaves will then get another top pick and add to their #1 status for top prospect pools?
There are only 3 reasons the Leaves prospect pool is rated highly right now:

Matthews, Nylander, and Marner.

After forcing them all into the lineup this season, they won't qualify as "prospects anymore"

Next summer their prospect pool will be ranked #31.

I predict Marner will be a major bust btw...
____
Try to focus on someday.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote: If he's healthy and they're keeping him out... well that's gonna brew discontent no?

I hear it's his right shoulder.

Watch leafers blame this injury (it lingers they'll say) when Andersen's sv% craters behind that horrid dee.
Oh my god. What will happen, the leaves will then get another top pick and add to their #1 status for top prospect pools?
There are only 3 reasons the Leaves prospect pool is rated highly right now:

Matthews, Nylander, and Marner.

After forcing them all into the lineup this season, they won't qualify as "prospects anymore"

Next summer their prospect pool will be ranked #31.

I predict Marner will be a major bust btw...
He will look amazing in a couple years playing with Hometown Hero John Tavares... :D
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Still not as bad as Toronto.
Not sure bout that Blob