Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Taylors a whiny baby like doubty. Whats with these ontario kids all developing into russian spank fighting mommy babies. Thank fuck Bo is an actual dude
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m no fan of Lucic or Calgary but you can’t suspend the guy for that love tap. Jesus Christ what is the game coming to? May as well have the players wear skirts if he gets suspended for that.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.tsn.ca/calgary-flames-forwa ... -1.1391714

Lucic Suspended Two Games for Roughing

I guess I'm old because I can remember when it was Two Minutes for Roughing. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:30 am I’m no fan of Lucic or Calgary but you can’t suspend the guy for that love tap. Jesus Christ what is the game coming to? May as well have the players wear skirts if he gets suspended for that.
The Broad Street Bullies are rolling over in their graves. :(

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:47 pm .
https://www.tsn.ca/calgary-flames-forwa ... -1.1391714

Lucic Suspended Two Games for Roughing

I guess I'm old because I can remember when it was Two Minutes for Roughing. :look:
Yeah that is garbage. League is trying to pussify the product. Bloody ridiculous.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What I like most about it is that Sherwood received the mitt to the face like a man instead dropping to the ice and turtling
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:26 pm What I like most about it is that Sherwood received the mitt to the face like a man instead dropping to the ice and turtling
Hr dropped like a sack of shit. He had rubber legs from a glove handed punch. He’s a pussy.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:27 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:26 pm What I like most about it is that Sherwood received the mitt to the face like a man instead dropping to the ice and turtling
Hr dropped like a sack of shit. He had rubber legs from a glove handed punch. He’s a pussy.
At least he had the gonads to take one, the Turtle pee’d his panties before Zack could even get one in
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

He was mid-motion looking up at the sky in despair from missing the rebound just as the fist came in

:lol:

He presented that jaw undefended on a platter for punchy. Who wouldnt have taken that swing?!?!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Don't forcibly dig or poke at the goalie when he has it. Sure, no whistle yet. Doesn't matter. Do it and pay the price.
Too much from Lucic? Ya. Two games is harsh. A five minute would have been fine. You could even do a two and five.
Goalies will not be pleased.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:56 pm Too much from Lucic? Ya. Two games is harsh. A five minute would have been fine. You could even do a two and five.
Lucic received 4 minutes for the incident from the refs.

It's the DPS we're concerned with here.
micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:56 pm Goalies will not be pleased.
:?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

It was better when you could beat the shit out of guys and just get a penalty. Now it can alter a guys career ffs.

No wonder 5'10 dmen are thriving in todays NHL
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:20 pm It was better when you could beat the shit out of guys and just get a penalty. Now it can alter a guys career ffs.

Yeah it’s a different game for sure. I like the speed and skill but I miss the anger. I miss the rivalries and the physicality of years past. Everybody and their dog is gravely concerned about getting a concussion. Now you have children with alledgedly multiple concussions from heading soccer balls or getting bumped in a lacrosse game. Everyone feeling slightly dizzy from doing anything physical now automatically has a concussion.

Fighting will be an automatic ejection within the next ten years
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:20 pm

“Git yer MHGA hats and vote now! Make Hockey Great Again!” - Don Cherry

we need more Jack McIlhargy’s, and less Quinn Hughes!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:25 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:20 pm It was better when you could beat the shit out of guys and just get a penalty. Now it can alter a guys career ffs.

Yeah it’s a different game for sure. I like the speed and skill but I miss the anger. I miss the rivalries and the physicality of years past. Everybody and their dog is gravely concerned about getting a concussion. Now you have children with alledgedly multiple concussions from heading soccer balls or getting bumped in a lacrosse game. Everyone feeling slightly dizzy from doing anything physical now automatically has a concussion.

Fighting will be an automatic ejection within the next ten years
Fighters Montador, Belak and Rypien committed suicide

Fighter Kordic died of a combination of cocaine and steroids holed up in a hotel room scrapping with the police.

History of drug use eventually killed Probert

Boogaard drug overdose dead

Guys like Nilan have struggled. Keith Primeaus head is s mess

The list goes on. Carcillo is s mess

You not seeing a correlation with people who have had few fists bounced off their face consistently?? I don’t know about you but I do