Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mickey107 »

Started to look like an assembly line was gonna happen.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Washington Capitals@Capitals
Welcome to Washington, @BDillon04!!

The Washington Capitals have acquired defenseman Brenden Dillon from the San Jose Sharks for a 2020 second round pick (originally acquired from Colorado) and a conditional 2021 third round pick

Full Details: https://washca.ps/DillonTrade

12:45 PM · Feb 18, 2020·
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Canadiens Montréal@CanadiensMTL
The Canadiens have acquired St. Louis’ second-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft (and a conditional fourth-round pick in 2021), in exchange for defenseman Marco Scandella.

The @CanadiensMTL retain 50% of Marco Scandella salary in the trade with @StLouisBlues
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sens Communications@Media_Sens
Trade alert: The #Sens have acquired a 2020 third-round draft pick from @NHLJets
in exchange for defenceman Dylan DeMelo.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Rangers acquire Julien Gauthier from Hurricanes for Joey Keane

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ran ... oey-keane/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-
Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
It’s not done yet, but VGK and LA are working to try to finalize a deal that would send defenceman Alec Martinez to the Golden Knights. Most telling sign will be if Martinez is in or out of the Kings’ lineup tonight vs. WPG.
1:46 PM · Feb 18, 2020
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I hope JB jumps on the wagon and gets another 3/4 defenceman soon. they are all moving like hot cakes...

Dillion would have been nice, but not for that price.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 pm I hope JB jumps on the wagon and gets another 3/4 defenceman soon. they are all moving like hot cakes...

If he wants a legit 3/4 guy he’ll be paying a lot more than what Dillon went for.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:18 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:12 pm I hope JB jumps on the wagon and gets another 3/4 defenceman soon. they are all moving like hot cakes...

If he wants a legit 3/4 guy he’ll be paying a lot more than what Dillon went for.
like two seconds.. that's what Vegas paid.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:30 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:18 pm

like two seconds.. that's what Vegas paid.
Yes... we don’t have two 2nds though. And two 2nds is a bit of an upgrade on a 2nd and a 3rd. Go all in ... fuck it. Martinez has another year so Vegas did well here. I’d think hard about giving up Juolevi and a 2nd for Martinez. Good trade for both clubs
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

The difference isn't Martinez has that extra year.

A pure rental should be cheaper by definition.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:35 pm The difference isn't Martinez has that extra year.

A pure rental should be cheaper by definition.
Any rentals out there? That’s a decent price for Vegas to pay
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

big week!
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tampa Bay is 23 - 2 - 1 in their last 26 games picking up 47 of 52 points. That is insane.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cody Glass sent back to the AHL. Yikes. The 2017 class top 35 continues to struggle outside of Pettersson, Makar, Heiskenen and Kole Lind
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Montreal Canadians stink. Another loss to the leagues absolute worst team - the Stevie Y and Kenny Holland Wings. How long until Bergevin gets fired? What exactly has he done there?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who gets fired first? Dubas or Bergevin?
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:21 pm If "this generation" of players is really that soft, then maybe the coach should just take away their phones? Fuck that shit - these guys are making millions (except for ELC players) and should have enough fucking motivation to make adjustments to their attitudes, and if a coach wants to (and should) call them out - then Travis should be "motivating" them like his depends on it.
You can try to change the audience to match your modes of communications, or you can try to communicate effectively knowing the audience. I'm a Gen X guy; I think that the fragility (and lack of resiliency) of today's youth is a real bad thing. But don't confuse this fragility with a lack of motivation to adjust their games to succeed. They have that drive; the coach's job is to access it.

Attitude adjustment is a hell of a lot harder than figuring out how to motivate a guy to make whatever change in his game is necessary so that he and the team are more successful. It isn't a question of a bad attitude or a good attitude as it might have traditionally translated to stubbornness v. ability to learn. The "attitude" is "culture," which for these players means being raised 100% connected to social, underdeveloped resiliency due to coddling and having most things be made available to them, and the resulting lack of experience overcoming challenges and failures. Today's young people have relied on others to solve their problems, and all kids are put on pedestals nowadays, the athletes the highest pedestal. That doesn't change in the NHL. The players are the reason there is revenue. The teams try hard to eliminate any challenge to the player beyond the ones on the ice. The unintended and necessary effect of this is delayed maturation and lack of resiliency.

Its a bad thing, don't get me wrong. But it *is*, and coaches must work with what *is* and not how things *should be*. And I'm not saying coaches shouldn't be building resiliency in their players -- they should absolutely be, over the long haul. But if a player or a team isn't at the point where a tirade or pointed press comments are going to improve performance, don't do it.
Hono_rary Canadian
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 am Cody Glass sent back to the AHL. Yikes. The 2017 class top 35 continues to struggle outside of Pettersson, Makar, Heiskenen and Kole Lind
Do you think he may have been sent to the AHL for conditioning? He’s had two injuries this year and missed most of the last three months.