Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

icymi for vegas:
Mark Stone will begin camp in non-contact jerseys.

Nolan Patrick, Robin Lehner & Shea Weber will not play in the 2022-23 season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:07 am icymi for vegas:

I was thinking about your Hague idea, how could the Canucks fit him without sending cap the other way?

Without Hague, Vegas is $10m over the cap. With Patrick, Lehner and Weber on LTIR they'd have an extra $14m in space. Can we infer that Hague wants more than $4m? Seems unlikely, but he's big and seemingly established himself as a top-4, 18-minute Dman last season.

Regardless of what Hague wants, the piece going the other way has to be >$4 million, so that eliminates Garland.

If only Allvin hadn't signed IRlya Mikheyev, maybe we could have pulled it off, but hard to see it now.

Maybe we could send Ferland's LTIR space with Garland (or preferably Mikheyev) to make it work? But that would only work for 1 year, and vegas has no big contracts coming off the books after this season.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Not looking good for Patrick, a lot of so-so at best 1st rounders from that draft, but imagine if the Canucks had selected him and only to watch Makar take the NHL by storm. I'd be sick to my stomach. The whole Tkachuk, Ehlers, Nylander stuff is one thing, Makar is in a different league than those guys.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I was hoping Makar would drop to us at 5th, but alas CanuckLuck. I would still pick Makar over Pettersson 10 out of 10 times. Happy we have Petey but Makar is a game-changer on a different level. Always thought that the two defensemen should have gone 1 & 2 before Hischier and Patrick.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:00 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:07 am icymi for vegas:

I was thinking about your Hague idea, how could the Canucks fit him without sending cap the other way?
Vegas is good at including a 3rd team, which likely would be the case.

Hague probably wants term, not sure how much he wants though.

--

As for missing out on Makar, it's a shame, but having Petey and Hughes is primo to build around long-term. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Beauty hit on Zegras by some guy named Jan Jenik on the Coyotes, and it wasn't even after one of his lacrosse goals. The kid needs to keep his head up. Tough losing your young star player in a meaningless game against a meaningless team like that.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This Guhle looks like a beaut.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Oh, beauty hit. So clean, shoulder to shoulder. Knocked some of that cockiness out of the kid.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Canes end up signing de Haan for the season at $850k. If he can give them quality 3rd pairing and PK minutes, that's a solid signing. Would rather have him than DeKeyser or Poolman.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:43 am Beauty hit on Zegras by some guy named Jan Jenik on the Coyotes, and it wasn't even after one of his lacrosse goals. The kid needs to keep his head up. Tough losing your young star player in a meaningless game against a meaningless team like that.

Not even sure that keeping his head up was the issue there, it's not like he was skating with his head down. In that clip I have no idea how he didn't see him coming. More than anything I think he saw him and cockily thought he could easily step around him.....whoops.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

That could be, Mëds, and maybe the hit knocks the cockiness out of him. Eh, cocky American, probably not. lol
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What a doozy of a contract Lou gifted Barzal of Port Moody.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Dennis Cholowski from Langley, LHD and ex 1st rounder, hits waivers again. Weren't the Canucks interested in him at some point?
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:41 pm What a doozy of a contract Lou gifted Barzal of Port Moody.
Barzal's from Coquitlam.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mr perfect wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:02 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:41 pm What a doozy of a contract Lou gifted Barzal of Port Moody.
Barzal's from Coquitlam.
Doyle Country