Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Micky
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Micky »

Tciso wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:59 am
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:01 am With only 5.8% of players willing to do that, how likely is this to happen?
I am just gonna take a swing for the fences here, and state that ain't gonna happen. Players might say they are not willing to play in a bubble again, but I can think of several hundred million reasons for the players to play. Some of the over 30 crowd who have made their $$ might prefer to opt out <*cough* Loui *cough*> But, there are a lot of guys who just signed their meal ticket contracts who know that any money is better than no money. And for the up-and-comers, they know that there is another kid knocking on the door to take their place.

I am pretty sure that if the poll question is "Do you want to get paid for the 2020/2021 season, will you play in a bubble"
1) Yes
2) Yes, but I will grumble
3) Yes, but I will publically say it sucks
4) Yes, but I would prefer not to be in a bubble
5 ) Yes but <insert yet another excuse.>
6) Sure. What the fuck
7) It sure beats pumping gas
8) ????
98) Yes, but........
99) No.

There. That looks like a more appropriate poll.
Alt. 1) Yes if nooky is arranged.

Honesty will be understood, even, appreciated by the fans of the game.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/13 ... 6181070855
Greg Wyshynski
@wyshynski

From today's column on ESPN+, this is what I'm hearing for potential divisions for the NHL 2020-21 season: https://espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id ... dings-more

Canucks will win the Canadian division, Leaves might creep back into the playoffs after missing last season.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP

Post by The Brown Wizard »

I wonder if they'll only play within their divisions...?

With the cdn div at 7 teams but the rest have 8, it would mean some sort of statistical advantage to be up north.

Per....please...tear your eyes away from rudy juliani's dye stained temple and tell the audience the precise statistical advantage the cdn teams would enjoy!
Last edited by The Brown Wizard on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 pm I wonder if they'll only play within their divisions
That's the thinking.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Top four:

Nucks
Nyets
Habnots
Leaves

Canucks take out Leaves in round one. Coincidentally Big Tuna will Leaves the forums for the following six months.
Habnots hab it going over Nyets.
Toss up between Nucks and the Habnots, but the good thing is the winner will return the cup to Canada.
We are all Jim Benning.
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Bruins finally sign DeBrusk
Bruins sign Jake DeBrusk to two-year contract with an annual
@NHL cap hit of $3.675 million.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

New York Islanders@NYIslanders
Isles News: After numerous and extensive medical exams, New York Islanders defenseman Johnny Boychuk’s career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season.
After numerous and extensive medical exams, Johnny Boychuk's career has come to an end, due to an eye injury suffered during the 2019-20 regular season. link ...9:31 AM · Nov 25, 2020
:evil:
wasn't a huge Raymond fan but he was part of the mix that coulda / shoulda, damn it ,cripes...
"evolution"
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Loui Eriksson take notice in case you retire as well.
capfriendly:
If Johnny Boychuk files for retirement from the NHL, his $6M cap hit in 2020-21 & 2021-22 will come off the #Islanders salary cap and free up that space for the club to use.

Whether or not Boychuk needs to pay back his $2.75M SB depends on his contract and any claw back clauses.
But then
If Johnny Boychuk does not file for retirement, the league would then not terminate his contract and he'd be placed on IR.

His cap hit would continue to count against the #Islanders salary cap, however the club could place him on LTIR allowing them to exceed their ACSL by $6M.

If the contract was insured by the club and they kept the policy going up until now (club can cancel polices on the contract at any time), they could claim up to 80% of his salary back after he's missed 30 games.

Clubs are responsible to pay the player for the first 30 games.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:01 am That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
Yes, Lou has ways of creating cap space. :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Tampa now over the cap:
TBL re-signs Mikhail Sergachev to a three-year contract worth $4.8-million AAV
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:01 am That hit was fine. Raymond was as weak as a 12 year old. No intent at all on that. That should save the Islanders some serious bucks. Lou banishes another guy to Robidas Island.
The hit looked you backdooring your gebil. Shove his head down to bend her over then ram away. Broke back mounted him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Topper wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
The hit looked you backdooring your gebil. Shove his head down to bend her over then ram away. Broke back mounted him.
Lol at Huck Finn. Do you still take your musket out into the bushes trying to hunt squirrels and gophers? Wash with a rag on a stick and pack venison and grits for supper? I’m all for getting off the beaten path and out of the city but living in Rock Creek or Greenweird has made you a bit kooky over the years.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

SKYO wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm Tampa now over the cap:
TBL re-signs Mikhail Sergachev to a three-year contract worth $4.8-million AAV
They'll work it out. Had to sign Sergachev. Big time player for a long time.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mason Raymond - 6’-1” - 180 lbs

Noah Dobson - 6’-4” 180 lbs

:wow:
DOYLE WOULD’VE RATHER HAD KEVIN HAYES AT 7 YEARS 7 MILLION PER INSTEAD OF J.T. MILLER FOR A LATE 1ST RD PICK