Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:If we're going to dump big money into the free agency pool, I'd target any one of Johnson, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Coburn, Yandle that don't get re-upped. Someone that can help with our pathetic defence.

Now that I can agree with, Seabrook and/or Byfuglien would definitely solidify our defense.

I'd prefer Buff only because he can put up points which we need more of from our back end, imo he and Hamhuis would be a solid duo.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote: Yup you right, granted he said " no one will ever see me in downtown Vancouver ever again." so you don't have to worry about that again.
Well he also said “I have no reason left to try and defend my city, and the people of my city.” Since we're taking everything he says at face value, that must mean Jake wouldn't be able to count on him for backup.

I just don't see how it makes any sense for a rebuilding/retooling/transitioning team to bring in a guy that will likely be (if he not already is) past his prime years, especially when there's other areas of our team (maybe the D?!?) that are in much worse shape now (especially if Hamhuis moves on), and for the next 4-5 years when you consider our thin defensive prospect pool.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote: Yup you right, granted he said " no one will ever see me in downtown Vancouver ever again." so you don't have to worry about that again.
Well he also said “I have no reason left to try and defend my city, and the people of my city.” Since we're taking everything he says at face value, that must mean Jake wouldn't be able to count on him for backup.
I just don't see how it makes any sense for a rebuilding/retooling/transitioning team to bring in a guy that will likely be (if he not already is) past his prime years, especially when there's other areas of our team (maybe the D?!?) that are in much worse shape now (especially if Hamhuis moves on), and for the next 4-5 years when you consider our thin defensive prospect pool.
LoL I was just being sassy IN...chill tf out.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is IN being his usual angry self?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Is IN being his usual angry self?
Not at all, Dude. Just pointing out how ridiculous it would be to sign Lucic to a 7-year, big money deal as a mentor to our younger players and an foundational piece to (re)build around.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Not angry,

just taking this way too....

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:If we're going to dump big money into the free agency pool, I'd target any one of Johnson, Seabrook, Byfuglien, Coburn, Yandle that don't get re-upped. Someone that can help with our pathetic defence.
Now that I can agree with, Seabrook and/or Byfuglien would definitely solidify our defense.

I'd prefer Buff only because he can put up points which we need more of from our back end, imo he and Hamhuis would be a solid duo.
Unlikely either of those two would choose your Vancouver Canucks.

Now our homie Looch on the other hand... :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:

EastVan bro Lucic would wreak havoc on the Oilers/Flames, he's everything we all hoped Kass would be like.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Before the trade to LA he was told he was going to Vancouver and he agreed to waive to Vancouver. But LA stepped up at the last minute and made an offer Vancouver could not/would not match. This caught him by surprise. He had already started texting people that he was coming home. When he found out LA made an offer he agreed to waive to go there and was thrilled at a chance for another cup.

Point, if Vancouver makes the best offer should he make it to market he will have no problem playing here. Lucic is a Benning believer. They have a good relationship and his wife wants to be here. However, that was before LA traded for him. He may get snake bit in LA and want to stay but can they afford him? I think they are gearing up for another cup and he is part of that. But whether they will have the cap to keep everyone has yet to be seen.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:

EastVan bro Lucic would wreak havoc on the Oilers/Flames, he's everything we all hoped Kass would be like.
Ya but Kassian, Lack, Bonino and Stanton are a lot cheaper than, Lucic, Miller, Sutter and Sbisa. Give your head a shake.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One would think that with Looch in a Canuck uni next year would make everything all right in Blobby's world
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

My gut feeling is in the IN, Topper camp on this one. No to Looch.
Asshole on the ice? Sure, a little of that works. Asshole off the ice? Bad.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Depends on how this season goes and how badly Lucic wants to be here me thinks, but throw in the friendship between Benning and Lucic and the hometown thing, I think it's a very real possibility of him signing here and why not? He's got 3-4 years of prime hockey left in him.

It's obvious the kind of team Benning wants - Truculence. Hell, after the Sedin era, I welcome it
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
It's obvious the kind of team Benning wants - Truculence. Hell, after the Sedin era, I welcome it

It is obvious . Guys like Sutter , Baertschi , Vey and Bartkowski are bruisers one and all . :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

RoyalDude wrote:Depends on how this season goes and how badly Lucic wants to be here me thinks, but throw in the friendship between Benning and Lucic and the hometown thing, I think it's a very real possibility of him signing here and why not? He's got 3-4 years of prime hockey left in him.

If Benning wants Lucic, fine with me, but at a reasonable cost please. I don't know what FMV is for Lucic, but if the Canadian dollar stays near $.75 or thereabouts league revenues and the cap will not go up, so don't blow it all on one player. We need defencemen too.