Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah get a grip Gomer107. Learn to enjoy your new name. :scowl:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blackhawks fire the Pres/CEO McDonough

Gotta wonder if front office clearing is to save the Wirtz some $'s
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:37 pm Yeah get a grip Gomer107. Learn to enjoy your new name. :scowl:
Yeah Gomer. Hate to see you Pyle up!! :lol:
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:03 pm Blackhawks fire the Pres/CEO McDonough

Gotta wonder if front office clearing is to save the Wirtz some $'s
Hmm, could Wirtz be taking a page from Mr Aquilini's playbook and taking over the role of team president himself?

Could be a mistake. From what I have seen Mr Wirtz while bright enough, is not a multifaceted genius like Mr Aquilini. He's not the sort of supernatural force that Mr Aquilini is, able to take on roles as wide ranging and diverse as Lorne Henning's, Laurence Gilman's, Trevor Linden's and Judd Brackett's on the fly like that with very little study. And all this while presiding over his top secret cap compliance lab deep inside the bowels of Rogers Arena. A true renaissance man if you will. Polymath. They don't come around every day, least of all in the hockey business. Mr Wirtz should be careful he doesn't bite off more than he can chew.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A recent photograph , almost looks like an omen.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:00 pm From what I have seen Mr Wirtz while bright enough, is not a multifaceted genius like Mr Aquilini. He's not the sort of supernatural force that Mr Aquilini is, able to take on roles as wide ranging and diverse as Lorne Henning's, Laurence Gilman's, Trevor Linden's and Judd Brackett's on the fly like that with very little study. And all this while presiding over his top secret cap compliance lab deep inside the bowels of Rogers Arena. A true renaissance man if you will. Polymath. They don't come around every day, least of all in the hockey business. Mr Wirtz should be careful he doesn't bite off more than he can chew.
LOL, FA has his misguided directions at times to be sure. I don't hate all the examples to society he establishes.

There is room for improvement. Always is.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I forget the politicians name but old man Aqualini was in cahoots with him on future areas of the city being opened up for development before the public became aware of them. They got in early and Aqualini was the construction company and an investor for these projects with a group of insiders/politician. Trust me, the Aqualini’s got very rich from having the right friends in right places. They are cold blooded, firing guys is no big deal to them. Not exactly loyalists. They were your average east van blue collar construction family living two blocks from the PNE right up to the 80’s. They made a lot of money in a short time, hats off to them, though.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:00 am I forget the politicians name but old man Aqualini was in cahoots with him on future areas of the city being opened up for development before the public became aware of them. They got in early and Aqualini was the construction company and an investor for these projects with a group of insiders/politician. Trust me, the Aqualini’s got very rich from having the right friends in right places. They are cold blooded, firing guys is no big deal to them. Not exactly loyalists. They were your average east van blue collar construction family living two blocks from the PNE right up to the 80’s. They made a lot of money in a short time, hats off to them, though.
Just like all your Goomba cronies in Burnaby/Van, they have bullied their way into power defined by shoddy workmanship and shoddy treatment of people like your Decotis relatives. Be proud Pacific Blue.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:28 am A recent photograph , almost looks like an omen.
I don't get it Mick, they seem happy together in that pic.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Elliotte:
Sounds like Swedish UFA F Mathias Brome has chosen DET for his NHL home
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:39 pm Elliotte:
Would have been nice to have more depth, but this team is loaded with forwards. Detroit makes more sense for this player to sign with.

Will be interesting to see what Iggy does with the glut of forwards and the handful of free agents when they finally get to dealing with the 20/21 season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:21 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:39 pm Elliotte:
Would have been nice to have more depth, but this team is loaded with forwards. Detroit makes more sense for this player to sign with.
Agreed
Will be interesting to see what Iggy does with the glut of forwards and the handful of free agents when they finally get to dealing with the 20/21 season.
Yeah, but it's really nice to have extra depth to handle the injuries, don't see much happening this offseason - just the defense might see some change and see what happens with Marky - Demko.

2021 offseason is more interesting, we likely lose a forward to Seattle, plus Pearson, Sutter are UFA's, while Podkolzin and Hoglander make their rookie starts that season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rick Dhaliwal@DhaliwalSports
Hoglander can sign with the #Canucks now.
Might take a week or 2.
NHL Public Relations @PR_NHL
The @NHL extends Player Development Agreements for the 2020-21 season.
explanation / agreement .- press article.
9:32 AM · Apr 28, 2020·
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC
3:42 PM · Apr 28, 2020
It was between Vancouver and Detroit.
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdi ... pid=172984
I don't think the timing was right for the Canucks. Maybe if they had more of their house in order....
Still too much to do.
"evolution"