Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:TSN is reporting the Oilers and Blue Jackets are working on a trade that would send David Perron to Columbus for Artem Anisimov.
Perron has two goals and eight assists in 22 games this season with the Oilers, his second year with the team. The Sherbrooke, Quebec, native has two years left on his current contract.
Anisimov, 26, has two goals and four assists over 14 games with Columbus this season. He also has two years left on his contract.
Must have been a set up
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Marty a Blue
filling Miller's shoe

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Kings fine $100,000 for allowing Voynov to skate with the team during an "optional" practice while he is suspended.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote:Kings fine $100,000 for allowing Voynov to skate with the team during an "optional" practice while he is suspended.

Is this simply cash or cap space as well?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I believe ca$h, like Kane weights his back with for push ups.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Thank goodness he stopped trying to phone people with that cash and is putting to better use.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Oilers taking a shit kicking from Ferraro today.....

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ferraro-there-i ... w-1.149797

It's so accurate though.

Watching the body language of the Oilers in the highlights of that game against the 'Yotes was pretty telling.

That turnover goal up the middle that went 5-hole on Scrivens was brutal, and the way Scrivens just seemed defeated after it went in said everything.....the team has lost all hope.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Topper wrote:I believe ca$h, like Kane weights his back with for push ups.
So he has 9 points in 17 games... is this fucktard trying to get traded?

He should try showing off by putting some points on the board.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

BurningBeard wrote:

I'll be impressed when he can do pushups with the same value in quarters.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

BurningBeard wrote:

wot a doooosh Kane is.

Keep him away from my Canucks.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Topper wrote:Kings fine $100,000 for allowing Voynov to skate with the team during an "optional" practice while he is suspended.
Serves them right. The Kings were super lucky that the NHL gave them cap relief in the first place! Voynov was not injured, but suspended on a potentially criminal matter...no way they should get cap relief for that.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Imagine getting suspended without pay in your job for being accused of a crime, while you are still presumed innocent under the Constitution. Then imagine being suspended without even facing a criminal charge, and without any opportunity to prove your innocence, for months while the prosecutor dithers over an extremely weak case.

He's already lost close to $1 million, including around $750k without even being charged. By Thursday, he'll have served the 2nd longest suspension in NHL history. This is in a case where his wife publically denies being a victim of domestic abuse and denies being hurt intentionally by Voynov.

I'm actually surprised that Voynov has been so passive in his defence, I would have expected the PA to get involved by now and file a grievance for the arbitrariness of the suspension.

Which leads me to believe that there is a "behind-closed-doors" agreement that Voynov will get his salary back once the case is over, so long as he plays along and doesn't try to embarrass the League (a la Adrian Petersen and Ray Rice).
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

ESQ wrote:Imagine getting suspended without pay in your job for being accused of a crime, while you are still presumed innocent under the Constitution. Then imagine being suspended without even facing a criminal charge, and without any opportunity to prove your innocence, for months while the prosecutor dithers over an extremely weak case.

He's already lost close to $1 million, including around $750k without even being charged. By Thursday, he'll have served the 2nd longest suspension in NHL history. This is in a case where his wife publically denies being a victim of domestic abuse and denies being hurt intentionally by Voynov.

I'm actually surprised that Voynov has been so passive in his defence, I would have expected the PA to get involved by now and file a grievance for the arbitrariness of the suspension.

Which leads me to believe that there is a "behind-closed-doors" agreement that Voynov will get his salary back once the case is over, so long as he plays along and doesn't try to embarrass the League (a la Adrian Petersen and Ray Rice).
I don't want to be "that guy" but Voynov has been collecting salary this whole time.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

dbr wrote:I don't want to be "that guy" but Voynov has been collecting salary this whole time.
Well met, sir.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Kings protested loudly and often that having his salary count against the cap was unfair to them. They had games where they could only dress five D. The NHL and PA work out a deal to amend whatever needed attending to in the CBA to allow this to not count on the cap. And this is how LA repays that. It's like a spit in the face. The penalty should have been much higher, like the loss of $100,000 in cap until Voynov is traded or returns or his contract is voided on a conviction.

What a stupid move this was. It would have been like us having Torts run practices.
The only HW the Canucks need