Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 pm

What Peters did... he deserved to get fired. The rest of this shit is little more than a witch hunt.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:19 pm

I feel bad for Johan Franzen, the dude is and still is a mess, was suffering heavy bouts of depression from concussions.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dangler » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:40 pm
Wow.

We are close to hockey disintegrating as we know it.

What is Chirping but a form of verbal assault??

Fighting will soon be A criminal offence, complete with police investigations.

Hard coaching will be character assault.

Fuck my life.

We love hockey because it's where guys who are MEN come to play like MEN. We have hockey so we don't have to have Wars.

And before you people or the SJW gets on me, I am not being sexist when I say men, I mean all peoplekind can play, but the NHL used to be a sport that people who were tough and skilled played a hard and fast contact sport. Guys who were pussies didn't play hockey because, well, they were fucking pussies. (And I love a good pussy. Those things are tough. They take a pounding!)

The point I am making is that people who are not even fans of the NHL are taking the toughness out of the game, and using social media to do it. If they don't like the game, they can watch soccer with the flops and dives because that's where this game is headed.
The NHL, some ex-players, and especially the media, have opened up this can of worms and they can fucking well have at it. I'm done caring about this bullshit,anytime it comes on the TV or radio, i change the channel or mute it.
I will not let these fuckwits ruin my hockey enjoyment. Watch what & when i want & tune out the rest
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:00 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 pm
What Peters did... he deserved to get fired. The rest of this shit is little more than a witch hunt.
Your right! Peters said "the n word" and that cannot be forgiven but even he had every right to say "turn that fucking music off in the dressing room". IMO.) Now the flood gates are open for every single, (supposed transgression), by a coach in the last 20 years.
" My coach wore such stinky aftershave and it affected my game so bad I missed out on millions".
"Oh ya! My coach called me a pussy!!! :shock:
"evolution"

Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tciso » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:14 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:40 pm
Wow.

We are close to hockey disintegrating as we know it.

What is Chirping but a form of verbal assault??

Fighting will soon be A criminal offence, complete with police investigations.

Hard coaching will be character assault.

Fuck my life.

We love hockey because it's where guys who are MEN come to play like MEN. We have hockey so we don't have to have Wars.

And before you people or the SJW gets on me, I am not being sexist when I say men, I mean all peoplekind can play, but the NHL used to be a sport that people who were tough and skilled played a hard and fast contact sport. Guys who were pussies didn't play hockey because, well, they were fucking pussies. (And I love a good pussy. Those things are tough. They take a pounding!)

The point I am making is that people who are not even fans of the NHL are taking the toughness out of the game, and using social media to do it. If they don't like the game, they can watch soccer with the flops and dives because that's where this game is headed.
As a self-identified "You People", I agree.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:45 pm

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/stat ... 4926446592
Andy Strickland
@andystrickland

I too was verbally attacked and intentionally intimidated by Mike Babcock outside the Red Wings dressing room back in 2007. Former Detroit video coach Jay Woodcroft brought him to me. Had me up against a wall while screaming and pointing in my face b/c of a story I had written

____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:40 pm

New Jersey Devils
BREAKING: The #NJDevils have made a coaching change
RELEASE: Devils Name Nasreddine Interim Head Coach
The Devils today announced that they have relieved John Hynes of his head coaching duties and have elevated Alain Nasreddine to interim head coach and Peter Horachek to assistant
1:20 PM · Dec 3, 2019·
Nothing else, yet..
"evolution"

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:46 pm

I wonder who will bite on David Booth the 2nd -Taylor Hall....The lames are rumoured to be in there on him and might even give up Rats little buddy Johnny_Hockey

Oh please let that one happen!
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:10 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:46 pm
I wonder who will bite on David Booth the 2nd -Taylor Hall....The lames are rumoured to be in there on him and might even give up Rats little buddy Johnny_Hockey

Oh please let that one happen!
Yikes! Suckers, all...https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/new ... 70cqkfnuij
"evolution"

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:04 pm

micky107 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:40 pm
New Jersey Devils
BREAKING: The #NJDevils have made a coaching change
RELEASE: Devils Name Nasreddine Interim Head Coach
The Devils today announced that they have relieved John Hynes of his head coaching duties and have elevated Alain Nasreddine to interim head coach and Peter Horachek to assistant
1:20 PM · Dec 3, 2019·
Nothing else, yet..
OMG the Great Strangelove is a GENIUS!!
Strangelove wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:06 pm
Lol, the Devs are down 5-zip after 1 period to the Sabres!

John Hynes the next coach to get the axe? :drink:
:mex:

(on your knees Micky)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Per
CC Legend

Post by Per » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Chef Boi RD wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:19 pm
I feel bad for Johan Franzen, the dude is and still is a mess, was suffering heavy bouts of depression from concussions.
Franzén himself was interviewed about it in Swedish media.
”Babcock is a very consciencious coach, always prepared. Excellent at handling the media. But he is also a terrible human being. The worst person I ever met. A true bully. He would attack and harass anyone, say a janitor at the arena. He would jump people just because.”

Franzén still suffers from PTSD and panic attacks. Things have improved though since he moved back to Sweden. He no longer suffers from constant migraines and insomnia, but yeah, he’s a wreck. :(

When he tries to play some hockey with his kids, he gets completely exhausted and has to rest for several hours.
That’s his greatest sorrow; that he cannot be a role model for his children and teach them the benefits of hard work, as he spends most of his day on the couch napping. And he can’t follow them to their hockey practice.
He has built a hockey rink on their lawn though.

And this is the guy Yzerman named the Mule, as he had never seen anyone work so hard... :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm

I wonder if I could handle the PTSD for the 10's of millions I made playing a sport....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:53 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm
I wonder if I could handle the PTSD for the 10's of millions I made playing a sport....
I wonder how many normal average people had pricks for bosses yet still managed to overcome the associated "trauma" and went on to lead healthy productive lives....

Fuck babcock just sounds like every cocksucker foreman i had as a young apprentice
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:09 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:30 pm
No, you couldn't.

Hank
CC Legend

Post by Hank » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:19 pm

I'm sure Babcock had many jerk moments, just like most of the past and present coaches.

I empathize with these guys, but at the same time, when do you stop? How long should it take before you stand up to the bully and say something? Or do you wait for 10 - 15 years, then pile on when you see an opportunity? You're all adults now.

Agree, Yoodles. Most if not all of us had psycho classmates, teachers, co-workers and bosses that acted exactly that way. We survived.

So Torts, Keenan, Bowman and a host of other current and ex-coaches don't get dragged through the mud? Sean Avery and Dan Carcillo don't get all their dirty shit aired for what they said and did on the ice? Chelios didn't abuse anyone during a game?

Hardly fair to single out only one or two. When do you stop?
Try to focus on THIS year...