Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mickey107 »

THE MARNER CONTRACT:

As it turns out, once again, it's the leaves setting the precedence and the trickle down effect that will surely now follow.
You notice everything has to be big, splashy, grandiose, and nauseatingly over emphasized by a Toronto based press.
It's a shame it has to be this way, for a multitude of reasons.
Not all teams are, umm, how should I put it.>>>. Are Up to speed on the idea that just three short years after they draft what they
felt was the best player available to them, they would be needing to puke offer up gargantuan somes of monies for whatever
term their three year, "veteran rookie" (haha), wants.

This is a particularly nasty year for it !!!!!!!!!!! Once again, (don't believe it's the first time), :twisted: The Toronto Maple leaves
are leading the way. Now that the proverbial kitty is out of the bag,
will surely follow and greedy player agents and their clients will be able to say "see, see, see, etc". I say the system needs some tinkering.
I am as fee enterprising as any redneck but fuck this.

Marner's contract is structured in a very make the kid rich quick fashion that the Toronto based national Sportsnet's
evening's broadcast's Carly Agro, and her cohort, just couldn't understand and made the "woosh, over my head" notion.

I very much hope the rumor on Boeser turning down a 7 million for 6 year contract is incorrect because although he is currently my
personal favorite player on the Canucks, that is what he's worth and it, if true, is a very good offer.
"evolution"
olpaddy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

7 years 53 million for Spurgeon with the Wild is absolutely tremendous works out to 7.57 annual AAV.. These RFA's are not taking hometown discounts anymore the longer the wait the more expensive its going to get and I for one APPLAUD IT 8-) Tick Tock Brock is on the clock 8-)
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

theman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:15 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:09 am
theman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 am Rumour on twitter says that Boeser wants 8 x 8, canucks thinking on it.
“Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!” - Arnold Swartseneggar
I should clarify, by ‘wanting’ means ‘willing to accept.’ Yeah I would do it too.
8x8 is definitely fair for both sides I’d say, that’s 3 ufa years?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am Gilman has it under control over there, don’t you worry.
Lol, the only capologist that orchestrated a contract that’s getting retroactively punished to the tune of 3 million a year. And yet the fan base in Vancouver still praises this moron.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Minnesota Wild

NEWS: #MNWild re-signs defenseman Jared Spurgeon on a 7-year, $53,025,000 million contract extension.
BIGGY
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:20 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:05 am Gilman has it under control over there, don’t you worry.
Lol, the only capologist that orchestrated a contract that’s getting retroactively punished to the tune of 3 million a year. And yet the fan base in Vancouver still praises this moron.
Sarcasm
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Sarcasm
I realize, and I’m agreeing with his sarcasm.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:09 am
theman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:08 am Rumour on twitter says that Boeser wants 8 x 8, canucks thinking on it.
“Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!” - Arnold Swartseneggar
AGREED
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sekeres, Price and Gallagher worship the ground, Gilman walks on
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:58 pm
Sekeres, Price and Gallagher worship the ground, Gilman walks on
It’s ridiculous listening to those three guzzle gilman’s and gillis’ every word.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:47 pm
Topper wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:41 pm
Lol, the only capologist that orchestrated a contract that’s getting retroactively punished to the tune of 3 million a year. And yet the fan base in Vancouver still praises this moron
Sarcasm
I realize, and I’m agreeing with his sarcasm.
Yeah, being retroactively punished for finding a loophole surely evidences the stupitidy of the capologist rather than of the league. :roll:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah.... no

The fact the Canucks are the ONLY team to get whacked with this ridiculous penalty when the league already ALLOWED said contracts to be REGISTERED with said league and are now punishing teams is a farce.

I’m a Gary Bettman supporter but this is a joke

And the fact Vancouver didn’t even whimper about it when they got booted in the nuts for it is a bigger joke. This franchise has made a career out of grabbing their ankles.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

olpaddy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:59 am 7 years 53 million for Spurgeon with the Wild is absolutely tremendous works out to 7.57 annual AAV.. These RFA's are not taking hometown discounts anymore the longer the wait the more expensive its going to get and I for one APPLAUD IT 8-) Tick Tock Brock is on the clock 8-)
Terrible contract. Three younger and better D men have just signed cheaper contracts. This will be an Eriksson type contract. They already have a massive garbage contract in Zack Parise.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm Yeah.... no

The fact the Canucks are the ONLY team to get whacked with this ridiculous penalty when the league already ALLOWED said contracts to be REGISTERED with said league and are now punishing teams is a farce.

And the fact Vancouver didn’t even whimper about it when they got booted in the nuts for it is a bigger joke. This franchise has made a career out of grabbing their ankles.
What,you think Bettman would back down :D
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

dangler wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:02 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:20 pm Yeah.... no

What,you think Bettman would back down :D
Well, without Jeremy Jacobs, Gary wouldn’t even have stood up.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!