Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ »

Kovalchuk not too happy with the healthy scratches courtesy of Willie D

http://flip.it/rQ79ag
That's the worst. But he (Desjardins) didn't play young guys. He plays 7 D. That's his new strategy.

"What you can do? That's his decision and he's the head coach - 10 more games.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ESQ wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:03 pm Kovalchuk not too happy with the healthy scratches courtesy of Willie D

That's the worst. But he (Desjardins) didn't play young guys. He plays 7 D. That's his new strategy.

Willie McTwitchystache doesn't have a clue how to coach talented players. LA is the lowest scoring team in the league.....when a line scores in 5 consecutive games you don't break them up for any reason other than to try and spark another line.....if it doesn't happen you put them back together just to get something going.

Willie is becoming legendary for being a guy who will look a gift horse in the mouth.....we need goals, I have a pure scorer, I'll put him on the 4th line and give him 7 or 8 minutes a game.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm
ESQ wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:03 pm Kovalchuk not too happy with the healthy scratches courtesy of Willie D

Willie McTwitchystache doesn't have a clue how to coach talented players. LA is the lowest scoring team in the league.....when a line scores in 5 consecutive games you don't break them up for any reason other than to try and spark another line.....if it doesn't happen you put them back together just to get something going.

Willie is becoming legendary for being a guy who will look a gift horse in the mouth.....we need goals, I have a pure scorer, I'll put him on the 4th line and give him 7 or 8 minutes a game.
I find it eerily coincidental that the harsh words from Kovalchuk regarding Desjardin's tactics manifest themselves almost simultaneously
to a Vancouver radio station interviewing the agent of a Russian defense man who played in Vancouver and had similar concerns about the
same coach.
What does this mean?
WD isn't an NHL calibre coach and when his tenure is over this year in LA, and it will be, probably not advisable to seek employment
in the KHL.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Trymakin can use that as an excuse all he wants. And maybe he has a point. But, when he informed the Canucks he was returning to Russia he knew there was going to be a coaching change. So WD may have been part of his problem but it would be disingenuous to blame it solely on Willy.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm Willie McTwitchystache doesn't have a clue how to coach talented players.
In defense of Willie D, he got great production out of the Sedins and Verby his first year here when we made the playoffs. Willie got the most of his team when he could roll 4 lines, something he coudln't really do in the last couple years of his tenure in Van-city.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

How old is Tree now? He probably hasn't improved at all these last two years. If he makes the team out of camp at his next go round it will be as a 5/6 at best and you can cue up the ice-time complaints.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:08 am How old is Tree now? He probably hasn't improved at all these last two years. If he makes the team out of camp at his next go round it will be as a 5/6 at best and you can cue up the ice-time complaints.
Ya really. I would hope his game is somewhat more refined though but ya...hes gonna bitch unless hes gifted top 4 minutes.
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:10 am
5thhorseman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:08 am How old is Tree now? He probably hasn't improved at all these last two years. If he makes the team out of camp at his next go round it will be as a 5/6 at best and you can cue up the ice-time complaints.
Ya really. I would hope his game is somewhat more refined though but ya...hes gonna bitch unless hes gifted top 4 minutes.
I think the stupidest thing Willie did was make him watch Pronger gooning it up videos.

Tryamkin effortlessly destroyed anyone just by leaning on them, the last thing he should have been working on was "toughness". After the way he dismantled Benn as a reluctant 21 year old fighter, I'm not sure there's a single player in the league who could physically match him.

At the same age as Tryamkin is now, Chara was a 9 point -27 defenseman. He didn't hit his peak until 30.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sorry... he dismantled Benn in a fight?

In Chara’s 24 year old season he had 10 goals, 13 assists and was +30 with 156 PIM. Chara is much meaner that Nikita and a far better fighter. Nikita turns 25 this summer.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:08 am Sorry... he dismantled Benn in a fight?

Destroyed him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:30 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:08 am Sorry... he dismantled Benn in a fight?

Destroyed him
Provide proof.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Destroyed him
Provide proof.
Watch the fight. Benn clearly looked to be in distress during
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Destroyed him
Provide proof.
So you’ve got nothing..... carry on.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:32 am
Mëds wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:27 pm Willie McTwitchystache doesn't have a clue how to coach talented players.
In defense of Willie D, he got great production out of the Sedins and Verby his first year here when we made the playoffs. Willie got the most of his team when he could roll 4 lines, something he coudln't really do in the last couple years of his tenure in Van-city.
I think that might have had something to do with the players being happy of not having to deal with Torts anymore. They got a "nice" coach to play for which probably went a long way in giving them a spark.

Willie was also a rink rat, always there - Torts didn't even show up for game day skates, and lived in Blaine during his stint here - he didn't care about what was going on, rubbed off on the players.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:49 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:47 pm

Destroyed him
Provide proof.
So you’ve got nothing..... carry on.
lol Benn was the aggressor the entire fight, despite giving up 5 inches and 60 pounds. Tryamkin wanted no part of that.

Tyramkin is a huge body. But he's not tough.

Wasn't the fact that the Canucks wanted him to be their version of Chara a big reason he left?