Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

Chelsea Dagger Manning out of Chicago, Damn.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:31 pm Trade] Edmonton acquires D Brandon Manning and D Robin Norell from Chicago inexchange for F Drake Caggiula and D Jason Garrison

[Trade] Panthers trade Alex Petrovic to Oilers for Chris Wideman, 3rd-round pick

What's up in Edmonton?
Minor trades, but it looks like Chia went shopping for assholes... Petrovic, Manning.

(one from Prince George, one from Edmonton = better chance of re-signing?)

Feels like Hitch placed the order...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

micky107 wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:31 pm Trade] Edmonton acquires D Brandon Manning and D Robin Norell from Chicago inexchange for F Drake Caggiula and D Jason Garrison

[Trade] Panthers trade Alex Petrovic to Oilers for Chris Wideman, 3rd-round pick

What's up in Edmonton? Big shake-up!
Believe Caggiula was McDavid's best bud?
Was a time when I had hoped Benning had traded for Petrovic than Gudbranson. Mobile asshole Dman who promised upside. Wonder what happened in Florida to make him expendable?

He may improve, but doing it in Edmonton seems unlikely. Best of luck, kid.

Still, looks more like desperate swipes for the fences than anything considered.

I also remember a time when Coiler fans were hailing the Caggiula signing as the kind of “missing piece” low-key coup that demonstrated Chia’s genius. Oh how stars have fallen while the masses fall silent. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lancer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 am

What's up in Edmonton? Big shake-up!
Believe Caggiula was McDavid's best bud?
Was a time when I had hoped Benning had traded for Petrovic than Gudbranson. Mobile asshole Dman who promised upside. Wonder what happened in Florida to make him expendable?

He may improve, but doing it in Edmonton seems unlikely. Best of luck, kid.

Still, looks more like desperate swipes for the fences than anything considered.

I also remember a time when Coiler fans were hailing the Caggiula signing as the kind of “missing piece” low-key coup that demonstrated Chia’s genius. Oh how stars have fallen while the masses fall silent. :roll:
Wonder if Caggiula has fond memories of his meet and greet with Aquilini, Linden and Benning?
You blew it, kid. Guess he couldn't handle a rebuild, LOL... :cry:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

McJesus can’t carry that team alone and Lucic hasn’t been able to change the culture from a party team to a hard working dedicated team. They thought moving out Hall and Yakopov was enough. Now Chiarelli is at a loss on how to change it up.
The only HW the Canucks need
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I know it will never happen, but the best thing the Oilers can do is to trade McJesus. Can you imagine the return (they should get)?

They can't seem to build anything around McJesus. He will be stuck on a mediocre team going nowhere, until the day his contract expires or when he is traded. They have no cap space and no desirable assets (except Draistl and RNH) to get the supporting cast they need. If they trade him for a a bunch of good young prospects and draft picks, they could re-build in a short time. Unfortunately for the Oilers, Chia is in charge and he would probably get a very underwhelming return.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 pm I know it will never happen, but the best thing the Oilers can do is to trade McJesus. Can you imagine the return (they should get)?

They can't seem to build anything around McJesus. He will be stuck on a mediocre team going nowhere, until the day his contract expires or when he is traded. They have no cap space and no desirable assets (except Draistl and RNH) to get the supporting cast they need. If they trade him for a a bunch of good young prospects and draft picks, they could re-build in a short time. Unfortunately for the Oilers, Chia is in charge and he would probably get a very underwhelming return.
Hey, I don't think that's out of line at all. Benefits the Oilers in the long run, like you say, and I honestly don't think he wants to be there just to
keep trying to answer all the questions about the team's woes anyways.
I know he's rich and famous but your really starting to see the angst on his face.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 am Was a time when I had hoped Benning had traded for Petrovic than Gudbranson. Mobile asshole Dman who promised upside. Wonder what happened in Florida to make him expendable?
Me too, but apparently he regressed... to the point of becoming the whipping boy in Florida.

The new bottom pairing in Edmonton is now Asshole - Asshole (Manning - Petrovic).

If his team is going to lose, Hitch will have his pound of flesh.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:45 am McJesus can’t carry that team alone and Lucic hasn’t been able to change the culture from a party team to a hard working dedicated team. They thought moving out Hall and Yakopov was enough. Now Chiarelli is at a loss on how to change it up.
And Eberle.

Hitch was a good choice as coach, but not enough to save Chia probably.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BCExpat wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 pm I know it will never happen, but the best thing the Oilers can do is to trade McJesus. Can you imagine the return (they should get)?

They can't trade McDave, but they can fire Chia...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oilers are a disaster. Chiarelli can't make a positive move with that team to save his life. Everything he does there turns out bad. Quite bizarre, really.

McDavid the human highlight real is impossible to play with, yes hes' supremely talented and fast but the biggest problem, the other 4 Oilers on the ice with him are at a loss on how to play with him, this will never change. For McDavid to be amazing, he has to fly solo and nobody can play with that, it doesn't matter who you put out there with them. For this alone is why I don't consider McDavid the best player in the game, the most exciting yes, but he doesn't make his linemates better, he can't, not the way he plays, only Connor makes Connor better

For a McDavid team to be good they need to figure out the other part of the lineup where he is not on the ice and that is a complete shit show. Other than Draisaitl the rest of the team is a disaster. RNH, he's a poor mans Brenden Morrison. Puljujarvi not looking good. Nurse is the defence version of Jake Virtanen, excellent skater and....that's about it. Lucic, my gawd man, retire, you're painful to watch. Talbot is a back up goaltender

Chiarelli made the mistake after drafting McDavid with the "win now" mission. He should not have traded for Griffen Reinhart, everyone knew this prospect was suspect, slow as molasses and lifeless. The team should have kept those picks, one of Connor, Chabot, Barzal or Boeser could be on that team plus a high 2nd round pick. Should not have traded Schultz. Eberle, meh but could have not gotten something better than a Strome? Taylor Hall I understand the trade, apparently Hall isn't the greatest in the dressing room I see why they wanted to get Hall off of "McDavid's" team. I don't mind Larsson but he's been a disappointment, but at the same time, Hall's stock was really low at the time.

One other thing, the Oilers are a disaster at drafting outside the lottery zone and in the later rounds. After watching these WJC's, Bouchard is awful. I'd definitely rather have one of Bouchard or Ty Smith instead. They just can't seem to get it right with drafting. McDavid landed on their lap, and Draisaitl seems to be the only pick they've won out on, the rest are meh's or busts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

There was a time when it was said Crosby was hard to play with.
They somehow managed. He did, at times, seem hard to play with.
It hasn't been all roses in the Pens room always but they got cups!
But your right, doesn't seem to be in the cards for the Oilers.
City of Champions, no more.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Interesting observations, Dude :thumbs:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Edmonton cant form a second line around Draisaitl. Leon only puts up nunbers with McDavid. Hes essentially morphing into an big playmaking winger not a center.
Brendan Morrison the 2nd nugget hopkins is way overrated as well. If I'm chia i trade Leon for a 2nd line center and a scoring winger.
If you need air...call it in
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Edmonton is a fucking disgrace. We drafted a better player 5th overall than any of their clowns, McWhiner excluded.

I haven't forgotten the 80's. Fuck the Oilers into the core of the earth (it's not hollow btw).
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society