Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Surprised Thomas, Fabbri, Parayko, Kyrou would be available. They’ve made stupid trades - the O’Reilly acquisition was dumbass. It’s obvious that ROR is a disruption, where ever he goes his team’s suck. He’s not a glue guy. They need a retool, Tarasenko, ROR, Bouwmeester and Schwartz is who they should be dangling
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:02 am Surprised Thomas, Fabbri, Parayko, Kyrou would be available. They’ve made stupid trades - the O’Reilly acquisition was dumbass. It’s obvious that ROR is a disruption, where ever he goes his team’s suck. He’s not a glue guy. They need a retool, Tarasenko, ROR, Bouwmeester and Schwartz is who they should be dangling
I would see what Schwarz’s Price would be. None of the kids will come without a significant tag. Everybody else, y’Idunno...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:02 am Surprised Thomas, Fabbri, Parayko, Kyrou would be available. They’ve made stupid trades - the O’Reilly acquisition was dumbass. It’s obvious that ROR is a disruption, where ever he goes his team’s suck. He’s not a glue guy. They need a retool, Tarasenko, ROR, Bouwmeester and Schwartz is who they should be dangling
Parayko would be a welcome addition to the Canucks defense. However, his price tag and contract might be too much for the Canucks.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jovocop wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:23 am
Parayko would be a welcome addition to the Canucks defense. However, his price tag and contract might be too much for the Canucks.
It would be something like Boeser and a 1st kind of thing. Ya no thanks.

I guess theres no shortcuts any more unless a gm is extremely lucky like that Janne many letters in columbus
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Canucks untouchables are: Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes. Everyone else can be had for a price. Only 1 of Demko and DiPietro should be available.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

theman wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:48 am Canucks untouchables are: Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes. Everyone else can be had for a price. Only 1 of Demko and DiPietro should be available.
Ya, pretty much agree but I wouldn't toss Jake either. So much upside to what he's really starting to do.
Last night in the third, he acted like the perfect power forward that was there for his mates, skated great, got into the opponents faces, without
taking a penalty, and was an offensive threat. Big progress this year.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If he could learn to punch someone out he'd take the next step. Agree on him in my new core list all the way. Without a prick or 2 teams dont usually win (kunitz, brown, cooke, etc)
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:53 am If he could learn to punch someone out he'd take the next step. Agree on him in my new core list all the way. Without a prick or 2 teams dont usually win (kunitz, brown, cooke, etc)
I could see Jake starting to fight more, he’s coming to the conclusion that he’s the biggest strongest guy on the ice most of the time. That game against phaneuf was a good one for him. As he gets his confidence up I think he’ll be more willing to do it. Now I don’t think he’ll ever be drawing in against the lucic’s, reaves and other heavy weights, but the roussell level guys I don’t think he’ll be scared of.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:53 am If he could learn to punch someone out he'd take the next step. Agree on him in my new core list all the way. Without a prick or 2 teams dont usually win (kunitz, brown, cooke, etc)
I could see Jake starting to fight more, he’s coming to the conclusion that he’s the biggest strongest guy on the ice most of the time. That game against phaneuf was a good one for him. As he gets his confidence up I think he’ll be more willing to do it. Now I don’t think he’ll ever be drawing in against the lucic’s, reaves and other heavy weights, but the roussell level guys I don’t think he’ll be scared of.
When he hits that tipping point where it's true unmitigated anger, think Dan will see what he, we, want.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Jake is gearing up for it. I can’t wait until him and Matthew Tkachuk go at it. Ya just hope that Tkachuk (Blobbee’s Boi) wont shamefully drop to the ice turtling like he did when Kassian challenged him. Disgusting that.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:07 am
When he hits that tipping point where it's true unmitigated anger, think Dan will see what he, we, want.
I don’t think he has it in him unfortunately. He’s a powerful kid but he’s not a fighter. He got tuned up by 165 pound Bobby Farnham and had a massive black eye after the fight. He looked like the Dude after he tossed haymakers with the sailors at the Dufferin Hotel.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

He’s been getting fighting lessons from Guds. He’s ready to roll, Macenzzi. He won’t be flopping to the ice hiding in his shell like a turtle like ole Matthew Tkachuk did with Kassian. No way Jose
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:01 am He’s been getting fighting lessons from Guds. He’s ready to roll, Macenzzi. He won’t be flopping to the ice hiding in his shell like a turtle like ole Matthew Tkachuk did with Kassian. No way Jose
Don't know why but I bet it happens tonight.
It, means both drop em willingly and rock.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:56 am He got tuned up by 165 pound Bobby Farnham
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 13#p294413
____
Try to focus on someday.