Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Booth kills baited bear

Post by Fred »

Looks like he's getting a fair amount of flak, some like Kane in Chicago ?? Does this make the Canucks look good or bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssCRQMjZ ... verified=1
cheers
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Wow, he looks like rambo. :lol:
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

People killing animals oh the humanity. I bet the bear community didn't give the bear any flak when he ate some defenseless fish swimming up river.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Gotta say, not a fan. Harsh as it may sound, it's the truth that I lost a bit of respect for the guy. He's free to do what he wants, and I'm free to wish he hadn't, but oh well. Hunting is the only "sport" in which only one side knows they're playing. You want to impress me take on that fucker with a knife and your bare hands!

*commence flame*
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Badfish wrote:Gotta say, not a fan. Harsh as it may sound, it's the truth that I lost a bit of respect for the guy. He's free to do what he wants, and I'm free to wish he hadn't, but oh well. Hunting is the only "sport" in which only one side knows they're playing. You want to impress me take on that fucker with a knife and your bare hands!

*commence flame*
He can't, he's only got one offensive weapon move...leave Davy alone, he's only doing what goD intended him to do :(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Badfish wrote:Gotta say, not a fan. Harsh as it may sound, it's the truth that I lost a bit of respect for the guy. He's free to do what he wants, and I'm free to wish he hadn't, but oh well. Hunting is the only "sport" in which only one side knows they're playing. You want to impress me take on that fucker with a knife and your bare hands!

*commence flame*
Well how many NHL players don't spend summers boating and fishing? How is that any different? Because it's a big, cuddly, bear?

I'm not a hunter. I don't see the joy or sport in it. But really, folks, there's nothing different than what Booth did and taking a fishing charter in Campbell River.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Fred wrote:Does this make the Canucks look good or bad
I don't see how this is relevant to the team at all.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

*commence flame*
I agree, sort of like shooting a man in the back. Either way, I don't care, I eat meat, had burgers yesterday, it just adds more fuel to the fire of what a clown Booth is. He looks like the moron I saw on ice, hanging up in that tree in his camo gear, brain dead as usual. I thought hockey players played golf in the off-season. What's with these Jesus lovers and their love for hunting, is he hockey's version of Ted Nugent? Next thing we will find out about Booth is that he is a staunch Republican.

Hey Island Nucklefish, fish are like one step up from the amoeba. They ain't cute and cuddly. Just a pee brained ugly reactionary species swimming in the ocean.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

As long as he eats it, why care. Now if he were to trade the gall bladder and paws for asian hookers, I'd say trade him to Chicago.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

if its good enough for the original Nuge,

its good enough for Boothie!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

I think this shows a tremendous amount of character on Booths part. He wasn't even a part of the team that lost to the Bruins in the finals yet he takes it upon himself to get revenge on the bear community.

If a King of some country gets murdered this summer you'll know who was behind it.,
2011..... the one that got away.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:Just a pee brained ugly reactionary species swimming in the ocean.
Sounds like hockey fans.
spooner
CC Veteran

Post by spooner »

Fred wrote:Does this make the Canucks look good or bad?
Neither
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I'm more for subsistence hunting than game hunting, but this isn't so bad. If he was, say, going elephant or rhino hunting and coming back with tusks as trophies I'd have an issue.

If you're going game hunting do it on the ground though, not in a tree stand. There's some sport then.

He could be engaging in less reputable off-season behaviour - choking girls at frat parties comes to mind.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I tried bear salami once. It wasn't too bad actually.

Most of British Columbia is rural, and I know plenty of people in this province and elsewhere who hunt for sport and food. It's not my cup of tea, but I can understand the sense of adventure one must feel out in the woods with friends. As long as hunters eat the animal, I don't have a problem with it.

Those guys that go to Africa so they can take down a giraffe or whatever and mount it in their foyer are assholes, however.

I met a guy not too long ago who was going on a wolf hunt in the US. Yes, endangered wolves. Apparently they can be hunted in many US states because farmers have lobbied so hard over the past several years due to livestock being eaten. Now that guy was a douche.