Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by $lacker »

To me it seems more and more like we will trade with Florida. Gillis and Tallon have the relationship to make a "hockey trade" while Burke wants to get the better of Gillis. I really hoped that we would have some closure on this by now but I still think something gets done before July 1 as both teams will want to know where they stand cap wise.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:That's a nice dream Skyo but it's time to wake up.

Gudbranson is a 20-year-old franchise defenseman on an entry-level salary

(that makes him worth at least three 33-year-old Luongos imo) :wink:

Bergenheim and Goc are too valuable to Florida. They were top-6 ice-time-wise forwards on good bang-for-buck contracts.

Luongo + Edler + Tanev... for... Gudbranson + Garrison + Upshall + 1st.
As BoS said:

"Well, judging by what the more established 2nd overall pick of '07 returned, I'd say your opinion of Gudbranson's trade value is a little over the top.

Its not as though he provided a Doughty or Pietrangelo like impact such as their rookies seasons. He played bottom pairing minutes all season and playoffs. At this stage, even with Garrison signing elsewhere, he'll be hard pressed to bump Campbell or Kulikov off the #1PP over the next few years."

Edler is way too valuable and proven for a 20 year old getting bottom pairing minutes, especially for this cup contending team.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Strangelove wrote: Luongo + Edler + Tanev... for... Gudbranson + Garrison + Upshall + 1st.
That trigger I pull.

It'd take a bit of massaging of egos but I think both teams would wind up happy.

Gudbranson = Weber on an entry level deal! 6'5" 210lbs at age 20 :wow:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

post it up on HF - SL or aaron, let the masses decide lol
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BladesofSteel wrote: Well, judging by what the more established 2nd overall pick of '07 returned, I'd say your opinion of Gudbranson's trade value is a little over the top.
The 2nd overall pick of '07 returned the 5th overall pick of '08. :drink:

And unlike either of those two players, Mr Gudbranson has not elicited whispers of "bust". :roll:
BladesofSteel wrote: Its not as though he provided a Doughty or Pietrangelo like impact such as their rookies seasons.
Pietrangelo played 17 NHL games in the two seasons after being drafted, Gudbranson - 79 in his first year.

Doughty after his first season was worth EVEN MORE than Gudbranson (your point is?).
BladesofSteel wrote: He played bottom pairing minutes all season and playoffs.
His ice-time increased all season, reaching a peak in the playoffs.

He was a Top 4 dee by the end of the season at the age of 20.

BladesofSteel wrote: At this stage, even with Garrison signing elsewhere, he'll be hard pressed to bump Campbell or Kulikov off the #1PP over the next few years.
He would be on your Vancouver Canucks #1 PP, and leading the team in icetime by the playoffs imo.
BladesofSteel wrote: With both Campbell and Jovo signed long-term (to stupid salaries), and Kulikov set for a healthy raise, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see EG available to shore up the teams other deficiencies - ie. in net.
Exactly why I'm talking about this.

His trade value is MUCH higher than you seem to think.

Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:post it up on HF - SL or aaron, let the masses decide lol
A few years ago that used to be a great place to gage trade proposals.

Now it's overrun with teenaged homers.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The only way I'd give up Edler is for Weber, Weber is a Norris trophy finalist twice in a row now, proven, isn't a 20 year old dman with upside!

With our limited amount of time of a Cup chance, unless the Twins re-sign, Weber is the perfect choice for your Canucks.

There is no way in hell Edler is packaged with Luongo for a 20 year old dman who hasn't shown anything of brilliance as of yet.

Give your head a shake guys!
Last edited by SKYO on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BladesofSteel wrote::roll:

That's a brutal trade Doc.
Gotta agree.

Our problem with the defense has been that instead of having a legit top pairing they have gone with 4 guys who are elite #3's (and decent #2's) and have not had that guy who can take control at the point or make the right play under the heavy pressure of a good forecheck and get the team out of trouble. While Edler has put up numbers that make him a top 3, same with Juice and Hammer, the consistency of both Juice and Edler on defense and under pressure has cost the team on many occassions. The Canucks have sorely lacked a bonafide stud on the blueline. I don't see the point of moving out Edler and Ballard AND one of our goaltenders only to replace them with future talent......if the plan is to win now that is. Unless you think Gudbranson is going to be that guy in the next year or two. I haven't watched much when it comes to Eastern teams this year.

If we are taking away both Edler and Ballard, and also moving out an asset like Luongo (or Schneider), then I think we need to be adding a top defenseman. Hamhuis or Bieksa can play on the top pairing with whoever that #1 is depending on what side said guy plays. The other guy can play the 2nd pairing and we can consider going next season with Salo/Tanev in the #4 spot or adding someone else via free agency. Then if we still have Grags and somehow manage to sign Schultz, they can possibly round out the bottom pair.

You say Tanev is a 3rd pairing at best, well I saw enough games last year where he stepped up and always made the smart play, rarely got caught, and was positionally excellent. He might not have great offensive upside, but I think with more experience he'll turn into a top 4.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote: :roll:

That's a brutal trade Doc.
Gotta agree.

Our problem with the defense has been that instead of having a legit top pairing they have gone with 4 guys who are elite #3's (and decent #2's) and have not had that guy who can take control at the point or make the right play under the heavy pressure of a good forecheck and get the team out of trouble.
Ummmmmmmm yes, therefore: we need a guy like Guds.
Mëds wrote: While Edler has put up numbers that make him a top 3, same with Juice and Hammer, the consistency of both Juice and Edler on defense and under pressure has cost the team on many occassions. The Canucks have sorely lacked a bonafide stud on the blueline.
Ummmmmmmm yes, therefore: we need a guy like Guds.
Mëds wrote: I don't see the point of moving out Edler and Ballard AND one of our goaltenders only to replace them with future talent......if the plan is to win now that is. Unless you think Gudbranson is going to be that guy in the next year or two. I haven't watched much when it comes to Eastern teams this year.
Ummmmmmmm Guds is "that guy".

Read up on him/watch some youtube. :wink:
Mëds wrote: If we are taking away both Edler and Ballard, and also moving out an asset like Luongo (or Schneider), then I think we need to be adding a top defenseman. Hamhuis or Bieksa can play on the top pairing with whoever that #1 is depending on what side said guy plays.
Ummmmmmmm Guds is "that guy".

Read up on him/watch some youtube. :wink:
Mëds wrote: You say Tanev is a 3rd pairing at best, well I saw enough games last year where he stepped up and always made the smart play, rarely got caught, and was positionally excellent. He might not have great offensive upside, but I think with more experience he'll turn into a top 4.
Agree to disagree.

Gudbranson is a franchise defenseman on the rise, Gillis knows what he's doing.

"Unless you think Gudbranson is going to be that guy in the next year or two. I haven't watched much when it comes to Eastern teams this year." :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: There is no way in hell Edler is packaged with Luongo for a 20 year old dman who hasn't shown anything of brilliance as of yet.

Ahh but Gudbranson HAS shown brilliance.

Mëds, BoS, and yourself need to go to school.

We'd be getting back a a franchise dee, a top 4 dee in Garrison, and a tough-as-nails 20-goal winger.

If you're so in love with Edler, why don't you marry him. :P
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Luongo + Edler + Tanev... for... Gudbranson + Garrison + Upshall + 1st.
That trigger I pull.

It'd take a bit of massaging of egos but I think both teams would wind up happy.

Gudbranson = Weber on an entry level deal! 6'5" 210lbs at age 20 :wow:
A bonified top 10 Goalie on a cap friendly hit, a top 2 D-man with proven creds, and a promising puck moving D-man who is cool under pressure for:

A very promising rookie with on OK at best first season, another 3rd liner who is injury prone, to boot, and a mid round 1st round draft pick, plus rights to a soon to be free agent (usually a 7th round pick)

Swap Alberts and Malholtra for Tanev, and you have my vote.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Swap Alberts and Malholtra for Tanev, and you have my vote.
Tell ya wot I'm gunna do.

Because it's YOU, I'm gunna take out Tanev, put in Alberts.

Gudbranson - 20 years old.

Garrison - 27 years old.

Edler - 26 years old.

Luongo - 33 years old.

How many years of a rising Gudbranson do we get?

How many years of an aging Luongo do they get?

BTW I'm assuming they'd let us get a deal in place with the Garrison camp first.....
Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: There is no way in hell Edler is packaged with Luongo for a 20 year old dman who hasn't shown anything of brilliance as of yet.

Ahh but Gudbranson HAS shown brilliance.

Mëds, BoS, and yourself need to go to school.

We'd be getting back a a franchise dee, a top 4 dee in Garrison, and a tough-as-nails 20-goal winger.

If you're so in love with Edler, why don't you marry him. :P
Ha now you sound like the HF teenbots! ;)

Godb. is unproven, Garrison will command at least $4.5M per or 'bounce' (slang for walk away), your tough as nails 20 goal scorer will never play much with all his injuries, which will accrue more and more, much more worse than Salo!!! :wow:

Essentially it's Alexander Edler and Roberto Luongo for Gudbranson.

SMH

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Ha now you sound like the HF teenbots! ;)
Nah dey be homers juss like you mon.
SKYO wrote: Godb. is unproven,
More proven than Yakupov.
SKYO wrote: Garrison will command at least $4.5M per or 'bounce' (slang for walk away),
Like I say, the trade is contingent on allowing us to have a Garrison contract agreed to with his camp.
SKYO wrote: your tough as nails 20 goal scorer will never play much with all his injuries, which will accrue more and more, much more worse than Salo!!! :wow:
Y'know wot, I'm just going to trust that you can see into the future....

LTIR BABY!!! :rockin:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BTW did you fellas catch the part where Tallon said Gillis wants Gudbranson?
____
Try to focus on someday.