OK, So What I have been told

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OK, So What I have been told

Post by Hockey Widow »

Overtime wrote:Thanks for the post HW.
Wow, that really explains a lot. A meddling Dad, a high maintenance wife.
"These Are The Days Of Our Lives" scenario.
Subtle B.S. like that can drain those directly and indirectly with job performance.
Im happy to read management is wise enough, apparantly, to nip
those problem areas in the bud.

I am hearing it is not a high maintenance wife situation. But I do not want to say too much for I fear defamation. Oh boys will be boys eh :blush:
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I've always felt that trading Luongo was the route to go but wasn't totally feasible in that no teams would want that contract considering his current status as the 2nd most overrated player in the league behind Ovechkin I think it is, or was Phaneuf, can't remember and that you'd get more for Schneids in return but who knows, I could see a team in the East who feels they are real close to being a real contender but are in desperate need of a more guaranteed goaltender in which I think Luongo in some eyes, not saying mine, maybe more of guaranteed quality no. 1 goalie and that Schneider has never been truly tested as a no. 1 netminder, if ya dig. Who the hell knows. Would not be surprised if Lou ends up in T.O. I'd ask for Jake Gardiner instead of the highly overrated Luke Schenn, that Gardiner is a beaut and maybe ask for their first round pick. Or Schenn and Carter Ashton. SHIT! Maybe that is why Burke traded Aulie for Ashton?????
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sometimes the info I get is shit and sometimes it is bang on. As to this source, he has been fairly reliable in the past and is tight with a lot of the players. So the personal stuff I get is usually very reliable. The inside team stuff was much more reliable under past ownership and management and good intel is harder to get with MG at the helm. :D

No, it is not a journalist.
It's Magic40 isn't it? :drink:

Nice to know we assembled the puzzle pieces correctly regarding Hods.

Nice to know they're trying to flush POS Raymond.

Too bad about Lou, yeah he's gonna wanna be closer to the kids = will waive his NTC if to an eastern team.

Tampa?? Seems like a good fit.

Not the kinds of distraction we want heading into the playoffs though.

Ah well we's be fucked anyway y'all, considering GMMG refused to pay the price for Beast. :evil:

Next year.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:
I am hearing it is not a high maintenance wife situation. But I do not want to say too much for I fear defamation. Oh boys will be boys eh :blush:
Hmmm, has he dipping his greasy Strombone1 in the wrong places? Lu just can't hang on to his goal stick it seems.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It was only a matter of time before Lou starting dipping his stick elsewhere with his wife's refusal to leave Florida, I mean she-item come on, is she surprised? He's a man, with loads of cash and babes at his disposal. I blame his wife, to be honest. She should be here beside her man.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:It was only a matter of time before Lou starting dipping his stick elsewhere with his wife's refusal to leave Florida, I mean she-item come on, is she surprised? He's a man, with loads of cash and babes at his disposal. I blame his wife, to be honest. She should be here beside her man.

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Wait I think she's Catholic and if so she can't divorce him.

She CAN however make the rest of his life a living purgatory.

Hmmm maybe he'd prefer to spend most of each year in Vancouver.

And maybe he'll be on a mission to extend the playoffs as long as possible! :thumbs:

THIS year baby!!

EDIT: Give him a break Spidey, who amongst us doesn't have a Loopy in the closet?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:Wait I think she's Catholic and if so she can't divorce him.

She CAN however make the rest of his life a living purgatory.

Hmmm maybe he'd prefer to spend most of each year in Vancouver.

And maybe he'll be on a mission to extend the playoffs as long as possible! :thumbs:

THIS year baby!!

EDIT: Give him a break Spidey, who amongst us doesn't have a Loopy in the closet?

I don't. Whats a Loopy anyway?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: I don't. Whats a Loopy anyway?
My lips are sealed for the same reason yours are.

But if you really wanna know.... ask Royal. ;)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Fred wrote:Thanks for the in sight HW. I understand you can't reveal your source but is it a reliable inside source or a journalist >

Well, Fred, as those that know me, my sources are fairly reliable. But as I have always maintained, everything I post is gossip, rumour and innuendo unless confirmed by the Canucks.

Sometimes the info I get is shit and sometimes it is bang on. As to this source, he has been fairly reliable in the past and is tight with a lot of the players. So the personal stuff I get is usually very reliable. The inside team stuff was much more reliable under past ownership and management and good intel is harder to get with MG at the helm. :D

No, it is not a journalist.
Oh I know you've had an in source, just thought I'd ask this time, thks
cheers
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:Who bought lunch?! 8-)

Tanx HotWoman
Screw lunch, I get to go to a hockey game!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
hrrrrrrrrm....I told her on account I had to close it because I cantalope

OK I be nice...butt just for the playoffs! :mrgreen:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

RoyalDude wrote:I've always felt that trading Luongo was the route to go but wasn't totally feasible in that no teams would want that contract considering his current status as the 2nd most overrated player in the league behind Ovechkin I think it is, or was Phaneuf, can't remember and that you'd get more for Schneids in return but who knows, I could see a team in the East who feels they are real close to being a real contender but are in desperate need of a more guaranteed goaltender in which I think Luongo in some eyes, not saying mine, maybe more of guaranteed quality no. 1 goalie and that Schneider has never been truly tested as a no. 1 netminder, if ya dig. Who the hell knows. Would not be surprised if Lou ends up in T.O. I'd ask for Jake Gardiner instead of the highly overrated Luke Schenn, that Gardiner is a beaut and maybe ask for their first round pick. Or Schenn and Carter Ashton. SHIT! Maybe that is why Burke traded Aulie for Ashton?????
Philly and Washington come to mind as teams from the east who could use a goaltender. Philly already has the Bryz contract so they might be out though. Tampa would probably be interested too. Maybe New Jersey. And Toronto. He'd probably be fine with going to most of those teams.

Carlson or Alzner out of Washington would look nice coming this way. Or Hedman....

Its weird musing about Luongo trades... unimaginable a few years ago.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Thanks for the info, HW.

Interestingly, Hodgson's father was a cabinet minister in Ontario provincial gov't in the past and is the president of the Ontario Mining Association. I assume that means the Hodgson family is already wealthy. So, it makes the big money contract concerns even more puzzling.

Did you ever get further confirmation that the flu was going thru the team during the Chicago series last April? Why did the team never mention it?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Larry Goodenough wrote:Thanks for the info, HW.

Interestingly, Hodgson's father was a cabinet minister in Ontario provincial gov't in the past and is the president of the Ontario Mining Association. I assume that means the Hodgson family is already wealthy. So, it makes the big money contract concerns even more puzzling.

Did you ever get further confirmation that the flu was going thru the team during the Chicago series last April? Why did the team never mention it?
Thanks HW, that's pretty great info.

Larry, I think the rumour about the flu was played down so no one used it as an excuse if the Canucks lost, which is something I am completely fine with as a fan.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde