Bolland takes shot at Sedin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Bolland takes shot at Sedin

Post by Jovorock »

dhabums wrote:
Bolland said that he and his teammates don't particularly enjoy their road trips to Vancouver and Rogers Arena.
All 3 are ugly
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Benjo wrote:Weird timing considering we're in the middle of a large chunk of time between the 2 teams seeing each other.
Kinda make you think maybe Chicago is more obsessed with us than we are of them.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I'm interested in how American hockey media differs from Canadian media.

The Boston and Chicago media appear to be proud and unapologetic homers, willing to get into the gutter with insults against the opposition on behalf of their home town teams.

Could you see a 1040 or newspaper guy in Vancouver or in any major Canadian city attempted personal attacks or tried to bait a player into ridiculing the opposition? They'd be a running joke for the rest of their career.

I'm puzzled why there seems to be this significant difference? Is it an American way of approaching sports or do Canadians just take hockey more seriously and feel it deserves more honour?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Larry Goodenough wrote: I'm puzzled why there seems to be this significant difference? Is it an American way of approaching sports or do Canadians just take hockey more seriously and feel it deserves more honour?
I don't think "seriously" is the right term, just that we'd be embarrassed. I like the US, but it still is a nation that believes a good "USA, USA, USA" chant can fix anything.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Larry Goodenough wrote: I'm puzzled why there seems to be this significant difference? Is it an American way of approaching sports or do Canadians just take hockey more seriously and feel it deserves more honour
Maybe it's just that they need to sell more tickets down there? Actually, I think that media reflects the readers.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Bolland and the Hawks had the NHL and therefore the refs in their pocket last playoffs.

"Can't let the champs go out 4 straight! Makes our league look bush! "

The non calls on Bolland bought the hawks atleast 2 more games.

Bolland is too stupid to see this and still thinks he actually was the difference maker.

Its sad to see someone so far from reality blowin' their horn.

Poor sad pathetic Bolland.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Jovorock wrote:It's ovious that Bolland has severe tinny dick syndrom!
:o

tinny [ˈtɪnɪ]
adj -nier, -niest
1. of, relating to, or resembling tin
2. cheap, badly made, or shoddy
3. (of a sound) high, thin, and metallic
4. (Cookery) (of food or drink) flavoured with metal, as from a container
5. Austral informal lucky
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

My thoughts about Bolland's comments are as follows:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

Ultimately - the game is decided on the ice.

A cup win by Vancouver will speak louder than any grade school level trash talk.

End of story.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Listercat wrote:This from a guy that did "security" on the Jerry Springer show.

Bolland couldn't organize a 2 house milk route!!

But has no trouble controlling and neutralizing the Sedins dammit..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Farhan Lalji wrote:My thoughts about Bolland's comments are as follows:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

A cup win by Vancouver will speak louder than any grade school level trash talk.

End of story.
Nope, I don't think so. The Sedins won the Art Ross back to back. Most of the fans and hockey "analysts" would simply say that they were lucky because Crosby was out with injury, Ovechkin did not play well, or Perry did not have a strong start... The Sedins battle hard in the corners taking beatings from shift to shift. To me, that is not soft. Just because they do not fight, they are labelled as "Soft Euros" and "Sisters". The Sedins made $1.5 million donation to the Children's hospital when there are lots of players making more money than they do without donating much to the community. Nobody really give the Sedins the credit that they deserve. Seriously, by winning a Stanley Cup, these clowns will change their attitude?? I don't think so. :evil:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jovorock wrote:All 3 are ugly
Why's the dude on the left wearing a dress?
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Tiger wrote:
Listercat wrote:This from a guy that did "security" on the Jerry Springer show.

Bolland couldn't organize a 2 house milk route!!

But has no trouble controlling and neutralizing the Sedins dammit..

Hold on there.

It was Keith and Seabrook who did the majority of that work, but HNIC had great visuals of Bolland hacking, slew footing and tustling with D.Sedin, so the story became Bolland to accompany the replays.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Jovocop wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:My thoughts about Bolland's comments are as follows:

It doesn't matter.

Period.

End of story.
Nope, I don't think so. The Sedins won the Art Ross back to back. Most of the fans and hockey "analysts" would simply say that they were lucky because Crosby was out with injury, Ovechkin did not play well, or Perry did not have a strong start... The Sedins battle hard in the corners taking beatings from shift to shift. To me, that is not soft. Just because they do not fight, they are labelled as "Soft Euros" and "Sisters". The Sedins made $1.5 million donation to the Children's hospital when there are lots of players making more money than they do without donating much to the community. Nobody really give the Sedins the credit that they deserve. Seriously, by winning a Stanley Cup, these clowns will change their attitude?? I don't think so. :evil:
To me, soft is coming back from a concussion mid-way into the playoffs, then talking all about it to everyone who will listen so that you appear to be the hero. Then using it as an excuse when you ultimately lose, letting everyone know you still had post concussion problems.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Larry Goodenough wrote:
To me, soft is coming back from a concussion mid-way into the playoffs, then talking all about it to everyone who will listen so that you appear to be the hero. Then using it as an excuse when you ultimately lose, letting everyone know you still had post concussion problems.
Nope, according to medias in Chicago, that is toughness.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

There is "heads" then there is " tails" both can win the toss called properly..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….