Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote:Seriously guys?

You're blaming Kesler for looking out for himself considering how much Gillis and Co fucked our team post cup run?
:hmmm:

viewtopic.php?p=130588#p130588
mathonwy [color=#FF0000]Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm[/color] wrote: As long as GMMG is commander and chief, I don't see any dark days coming.
:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: He certainly doesn't address he and his agents behaviour in forcing a trade or how he tied the Canucks hands. It was all about him hating to lose and jumping ship when times got tough
Why I have no respect for him.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hockey Widow wrote: Who I respect? Bobby Ryan. He has come out and said he rejected an 8 year deal, not because of money, but because he is unsure if he is prepared to commit long term with Ottawa at this point.
What breath of fresh air that was! Especially after Ottawa's had to deal with disgruntled stars on long-term contracts wanting out over the last few years.

That's the one thing I hold against Luongo - within a year of signing a lifetime contract, he had issues and wanted to go back to Florida. I can get him wanting out after 4 or 5 years on the contract, but one? I think he owed it to the team to but a little bit of thought into weather he and his family could live in Vancouver for over a decade before signing that contract.
Both Kesler and Luongo were happy with their contracts at the time. But at least Luongo was professional about it and in the end would have waived to go pretty well anywhere.
I missed that Luongo would waive to go anywhere, was this from your sources? I thought he was only waiving to Tampa, Florida, or Toronto.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:In this case when the going got tough Kesler and Luongo wanted out. I lose respect for that.
Bingo.
ClamRussel wrote:The other thing is, Kesler lied. He straight up said he didn't request a trade & was shocked & hurt these rumours were coming out in the media. He then when on to talk about teammates & turning things around here. Hell, even Bieksa believed him. Turns out, it was all a lie.
Was going to mention this yesterday but didn't have time. I believed Kesler when he came out and rather emotionally said he was pissed off and hurt at the rumors that he had requested a trade. How quickly we all forget that BS about "this is the only team I've ever known" and "my kids are already enrolled in school here for the fall".

Whada prick.

If you want a trade, be a man and say you want a trade. Don't say you're "hurt" at the rumors and then turn around and provide a one team trade list.
Island Nucklehead wrote:As much as I appreciated the effort Kesler gave when he played for us, now that he's not, I'm hoping Bieksa punches his nose right out the back of his empty skull.
Bingo.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:

You're blaming Kesler for looking out for himself considering how much Gillis and Co fucked our team post cup run?

mathonwy [color=#FF0000]Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm[/color] wrote: As long as GMMG is commander and chief, I don't see any dark days coming.
Lol... You bored Strange?

And why you winking at me?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

I'm picturing you in a vulnerable position. :wink:

You're a chick right? :look:

MY POINT...

You are criticizing others for believing in, and then turning on, Kesler

... yet YOU once believed in, and then turned on, Gillis.

Do you get it yet? :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

herb wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:The other thing is, Kesler lied. He straight up said he didn't request a trade & was shocked & hurt these rumours were coming out in the media. He then when on to talk about teammates & turning things around here. Hell, even Bieksa believed him. Turns out, it was all a lie.
Was going to mention this yesterday but didn't have time. I believed Kesler when he came out and rather emotionally said he was pissed off and hurt at the rumors that he had requested a trade. How quickly we all forget that BS about "this is the only team I've ever known" and "my kids are already enrolled in school here for the fall".

Whada prick.

If you want a trade, be a man and say you want a trade. Don't say you're "hurt" at the rumors and then turn around and provide a one team trade list.
I believe Kesler was genuinely upset about the rumours ...upset that the truth came out, that is. Sort of like someone apologizing for a crime but you know they're only sorry they got caught. That's why he's upset at the Van media. He's a liar & they outed him. Totally agree w/ you, man up &, more importantly, grow up!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

I'm picturing you in a vulnerable position. :wink:

You're a chick right? :look:

MY POINT...

You are criticizing others for believing in, and then turning on, Kesler

... yet YOU once believed in, and then turned on, Gillis.

Do you get it yet? :wink:
Nope.. I don't get it.

I have no clue how the fact that my own view point on Gillis changed impacts the recent discussion about Kesler is now the devil.

What are you saying? Are you saying because my own view point on Gillis changed that doesn't allow me to try to convince other posters that they are mistaken in labeling Kesler the devil?

That's a pretty stupid argument.

I now like licorice. I didn't like licorice before but now I do. But because I changed my mind on licorice, I am now disallowed from trying to convince you that the Twix bar that you used to like, but you hate now, is still good.

:?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Do you get it yet? :wink:
Nope.. I don't get it.
:lol:
mathonwy wrote: What are you saying? Are you saying because my own view point on Gillis changed that doesn't allow me to try to convince other posters that they are mistaken in labeling Kesler the devil?

That's a pretty stupid argument.
Yeah that would be a pretty stupid argument. :wink:
mathonwy wrote: I now like licorice. I didn't like licorice before but now I do. But because I changed my mind on licorice, I am now disallowed from trying to convince you that the Twix bar that you used to like, but you hate now, is still good.
Yup, he's a drug addict...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah..no Kesler was clearly a scumbag when it came to his trade demand rumors and the lying and the bullshit afterwards. There was a way to handle the situation like a man and he didn't. He acted like a bitch and anyone looking at it objectively gets it. However it isn't surprising that some folks seem to struggle with reality .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yeah..no Kesler was clearly a scumbag when it came to his trade demand rumors and the lying and the bullshit afterwards. There was a way to handle the situation like a man and he didn't. He acted like a bitch and anyone looking at it objectively gets it. However it isn't surprising that some folks seem to struggle with reality .
Contrast the way Kesler handled it and Spezza. When rumours began to surface that he asked for a trade, when asked, he owned it, then went silent. Kesler acted insulted and spun a tale of loving Vancouver, his kids in school, married to a Vancouver girl etc etc etc. lied to his teammates. I remember Bieksa defending him on After Hours. Something along the lines of " I asked him, he denied it to my face, I believe him" one example of how he treated his teammates.

Then he lies last week saying new management told him they were doing a rebuild and THEN he decided it was time to move on. All along Benning and company have been saying no rebuild and Benning's actions would seem to support that.

I loved what Kesler did for us when he was here. No question he plays with heart and gigantic balls. I hate how Kesler left. In a cloud of lies,whining and blaming everyone else. Hope he never gets his name on a cup. Hope he never wins gold at the Olympics. Hope in two years he jumps ship from Anaheim chasing teams he thinks will win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:http://www.ocregister.com/articles/kesl ... ducks.html
Kesler wrote:That’s the problem with Vancouver. The media makes up a lot of stories that aren’t true. To be honest, I was really sick of certain media guys throwing people under the bus.
:lol:
^^He's clearly referring to poster Todd there. :mrgreen:

But wait...

“Talking with (Canucks) management, they were going into a rebuild or that’s what they told me. I just thought it was best to move on.”

:shock:

Did Kesler just throw Canucks management under the bus? :crazy:
HMMMM....
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Botch ... story.html

Gone are both John Tortorella, who is in limbo, and Ryan Kesler, who is in Anaheim, apparently bent on re-writing history.

It was there Kesler claimed last week the Vancouver media made things up, while he suggested he was always a good teammate.

In reality, it was Kesler who made things up, lying for three months about asking for a trade — even going so far as saying the rumours took quite the toll on him. Good one.

As for his teammates, if they wanted Kesler to be a Canuck, he would still be a Canuck.

Unfazed by Kesler’s threat — made through agent Kurt Overhardt — of being a camp no-show, the Canucks were willing to take their sweet time in making the deal he wanted.

But it was his teammates who loathed the risk of more Kesler drama. They let management know they wanted to be done with it — and him.

Was it because of reports he was in Sochi crowing about getting out of Vancouver midway through a season? Was it because he was threatening to hold out to start camp this year? Was it because of the same reasons which led them to strip Kesler of his letter “A” back in November?

Or was it because they were just sick of the entire storyline?

Whatever it was, what matters is this team felt it was better without him. That speaks more than 19 text messages.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Did Kes Bang Schnieds (or a different teammates) old lady, or what??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Did Kes Bang Schnieds or a different teammates old lady?
NO

And I'm not answering the next question so don't ask....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Botch ... story.html

Gone are both John Tortorella, who is in limbo, and Ryan Kesler, who is in Anaheim, apparently bent on re-writing history.

It was there Kesler claimed last week the Vancouver media made things up, while he suggested he was always a good teammate.

In reality, it was Kesler who made things up, lying for three months about asking for a trade — even going so far as saying the rumours took quite the toll on him. Good one.

As for his teammates, if they wanted Kesler to be a Canuck, he would still be a Canuck.

Unfazed by Kesler’s threat — made through agent Kurt Overhardt — of being a camp no-show, the Canucks were willing to take their sweet time in making the deal he wanted.

But it was his teammates who loathed the risk of more Kesler drama. They let management know they wanted to be done with it — and him.

Was it because of reports he was in Sochi crowing about getting out of Vancouver midway through a season? Was it because he was threatening to hold out to start camp this year? Was it because of the same reasons which led them to strip Kesler of his letter “A” back in November?

Or was it because they were just sick of the entire storyline?

Whatever it was, what matters is this team felt it was better without him. That speaks more than 19 text messages.
How much of this is legit?

HW.....care to back up Botchford's claims about the players and threat of a no-show?

Don't want to see Doc quoting a bunch of rumor and bullshit.....I mean, for the sake of clarity.