Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:34 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:30 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:27 am The Chef has a few extra chins like Elmer. He uses the folds in his neck to store TV dinners and his bag of blow.
What’s for lunch today Slim? A couple of boxes of Annie’s?
Doyle... livin la vida loca:

I figured this coug was a squirter.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:53 pm
rockalt wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:48 pm
ESQ wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:11 am Even though I don't listen to TEAM, that's still sad = I was hoping TSN would hang on to break Rogers' awful media exclusivity deal and go back to proper media competition, but instead its a race to the bottom with worse coverage, more centralized/Toronto media sucking all the air out of the room.
This sucks. Since leaving Vancouver, their podcasts have been a nice connection to home during my commute. Halford and Brough are great and I'll miss their show. I could never get into sportsnet radio. So dull in comparison.
Heya Rock! Long time!
Long time indeed! Good to see you posting MCP and Cookie!

I've gone from regular poster to lurker to nonexistent I'm afraid! 3 kids under 5 in full lock down has eaten into my freetime! Hence why I have increasingly defaulted to podcasts over the years.

Nice to see this place is alive and well. Might need to more regularly contribute again. Just waiting for the fallout from the Benning firing/non-firing in the off-season. Can't win either way! :D
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Cookie La Rue wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:58 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:53 pm Heya Rock! Long time!
Isn't he on Brexit, takes longer now to get a message through. :lol: :roll: Hi!

They finally lifted the firewall now that the shackles of the EU are finally off! We'll just blame any economic downturn on the pandemic and sweep everything else under the rug! :lol:

Good to hear from you cookie!
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Not to do with Hockey or sports per se but who the fuck is the guy doing the new Spence Diamonds commercials on the radio? He sounds like David Bennefield after he had way too much estrogen. I want to smash my radio every time those fucking commercials come on.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:59 am Not to do with Hockey or sports per se but who the fuck is the guy doing the new Spence Diamonds commercials on the radio? He sounds like David Bennefield after he had way too much estrogen. I want to smash my radio every time those fucking commercials come on.
classic link . could swear at the end I hear "my tie rods, my tie rods" Nah; must be just distorted. It's Toys R us. :lol:
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Caroline Cameron was on the phone with the morning guys on 650am Sportsnet this morning saying the Canucks are really a very good team and that Montreal and Calgary are dropping off. So of course the question came, "So are the Canucks a playoff team then? No. (giggle)...
"evolution"
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Really a very good team. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Above and below 500:

Leaves +11
Jets +5
Oilers +4
Habs +4
Flames +1
Canucks -4
Senators -9

So over the next 34 games they need at least 8 more wins than either the Oilers or Habs and also pass the Flames to make the playoffs. The odds are too long to not plan to sell the UFAs at the TDL if there is a market. If the Canucks had started the season playing the way they have been over the last five games, they could have competed for a spot, but they have probably dug too deep a hole to have any motivation but to make moves to get better for next season.
We are all Jim Benning.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck they really should've kept Thomas Drance hidden away behind his online and print media veil...once you see who is writing these articles it sure lowers the chances of someone bucking up for an athletic subscription

No offence TD but you came across like a tweaker
If you need air...call it in
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:29 am Fuck they really should've kept Thomas Drance hidden away behind his online and print media veil...once you see who is writing these articles it sure lowers the chances of someone bucking up for an athletic subscription

No offence TD but you came across like a tweaker
LOL way too happy
"evolution"
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

The two dweebs on Sportsnet 650AM this morning had Ed Jovonowski on like every Wednesday and of course the slump is the big topic.

Jovo takes the high road and says they have to work through it, blah, blah .... Perry Solkowski and James Cybulski keep pushing on "It has to be Benning's fault. Not willing to blame anything on the coach at all. Very little blame to the players either.

How the hell does Green get a pass? What? He can only do so much with the roster he's bee provided? To me, that's garbage. Ya, there's no blame to the coach or the players for blowing three goal leads. Must be the GM. :lol:

This is why I'd gone back to listening to 1040am more of late.
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

I guess Sportsnet fired Dave Ranforf and gave his job to Harnryan Singh. Harnryan seems to be doing the same game schedule Randorf did in the past, Anson Carter back as well as a bunch of women in the intermission game analysis spots this year along with Anson and Stewart.

#Wokenet
el rey del mambo
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Randorf took the PBP job with the Lightning. He didn’t get axed.

Randorf is a shitty PBP guy but a good dude. The guy that’s on there now is horrendous at PBP. Yamomoto !!!!! YamaYamaMotoooo!!!! Unsure why CBC allows this
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:34 pm Randorf took the PBP job with the Lightning. He didn’t get axed.

Randorf is a shitty PBP guy but a good dude. The guy that’s on there now is horrendous at PBP. Yamomoto !!!!! YamaYamaMotoooo!!!! Unsure why CBC allows this
It's SN Doyle. Anyway, he got axed, went lookin' for work and then got hired in TB.

How it went down according to Dave himself.
el rey del mambo
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:50 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:34 pm Randorf took the PBP job with the Lightning. He didn’t get axed.

It's SN Doyle. Anyway, he got axed, went lookin' for work and then got hired in TB.

How it went down according to Dave himself.
Ok... haven’t dug into it much. But I’d take a PBP gig in Tampa instead of playing fifth wheel at CBC/SN.