Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 am
Rede wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:54 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:36 pm
micky107 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:25 pm I'm not gonna post all the stuff I'm hearing for Botch just two that caught my eye.
Condolences from Torts of all people this morning at his presser, and Elias Pettersson was, I think, the first Canuck.
Interesting on the players side of things, other than Elias, nobody seems to give a shit. Kinda tells you what they thought of him.
Bo RT'd the Petey tweet FWIW.
Sam Gagner, Eddie Lack and Ty Ronning also tweeted their condolences.
I believe he was talking about current Canucks?
Whatever supports the narrative
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

nuckster wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:40 pm I really enjoyed Botch, and I'm going to miss him. It's quite sad to see him 'check out' so soon.

Illnesses of the heart can be so fatal. Now that I'm in my 50's, ive lost a few friends because of heart issues. I was fortunate to have had an angiogram and a stent put in just 6 mos ago myself.

Botch wasn't afraid to stick his neck out there re: things he believed to be true. He was insightful, and also had a great sense of humour. The van canuck media world is a little less rich and deep today... feel for his family big time.
RIP Botch
Like some others, hated his shtick which I thought had gotten out of control....blame it on a saturation in the market and the need to drive clicks on social media?

But on a personal level, hate to hear news like this and so sad for his friends and family and wife and kids in particular....

Hope your doing well with you health issues....

Since I was diagnosed with Hemochromatosis a couple of years ago, I mention this every chance I get....

Hemochromatosis is an excess build up of iron in the system...in my case its hereditary which means that there is a 1 in 4 chance that one of my kids will develop it...

It's an easy disease to control....every few months I have my ferritin levels checked and when the iron levels exceed a certain level I have a phlebotomy which is similar to giving blood at the Blood Bank....

I was fortunate that even though I go for annual checkups with my Doctor, it was only after my wife and I decided to go to a private clinic to have her treated for normal women in their 50's issues and I decided to have a thorough physical that it was detected...

The reason I bring this up is to encourage all of you to make sure you have your Doctor include this when you have your blood work done...

Because untreated it can lead to liver and other organ failures including heart failure....

And because it is often not diagnosed, the cause of death is sometimes misreported to be heart failure or other organ failures.....

Take care....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Thanks for that rikster
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Why are people saddened at the death they were critical of his public works and someone they never knew.

Seems like a race to see who can be the most self righteous.

and rickey, eat a magnet
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am Why are people saddened at the death they were critical of his public works and someone they never knew.

A general sadness for the family... that is all
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Topper wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:33 am Why are people saddened at the death they were critical of his public works and someone they never knew.

and rickey, eat a magnet
It’s the thoughts and prayers, notice me, attention seeking that social media promotes. Not saying guys here are doing that (just blob).
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

and rickey, eat a magnet

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:34 am

A general sadness for the family... that is all
How many folks with families died in the time it took you to read this?

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

and rickey, eat a magnet
Its acknowledging our own mortality more than anything. Honestly its a symptom of self absorption...and I'm no better than anyone. My first thought is we're almost the same age....not poor kids or anything. I'm an asshole at heart
If you need air...call it in
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:06 am

and rickey, eat a magnet

Agreed, I'm embarrassed to read some of the replies on here. Don't care about his reporting, as I said I found him over the top but he was entertaining, but those who dismiss his passing because they didn't agree with what he said on his show or in print should be ashamed of themselves.

It's not about being self righteous, it's about being a human being and feeling for those who have lost a father and a husband.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Diehard1 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:18 am

and rickey, eat a magnet

Agreed, I'm embarrassed to read some of the replies on here. Don't care about his reporting, as I said I found him over the top but he was entertaining, but those who dismiss his passing because they didn't agree with what he said on his show or in print should be ashamed of themselves.

It's not about being self righteous, it's about being a human being and feeling for those who have lost a father and a husband.
This is bullshit, nobody here is dismissing the family, you think the family gives two shits what richardstroker on an Internet forum thinks? It’s entirely narcissistic, people die all the time, tragedy happens all the time (I see way worse in my line of work).
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

:oops:
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:49 am

and rickey, eat a magnet

This is bullshit, nobody here is dismissing the family, you think anyone gives two shits what richardstroker on an Internet forum thinks? It’s entirely narcissistic, people die all the time, tragedy happens all the time (I see way worse in my line of work).
FYP.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The #firebenning Illuminati

President - Mike Gillis
Special Advisor to Gillis - Tony Gallagher
Special Advisor and Mole - Lawrence Gilman
Top Lieutenant - Botchford (deceased)
Top Lieutenant’s Wingman - Jeff Patterson
Foot Soldier - Brough
Foot Soldier - Halford
Campaigner - Sekeres
Campaigner - Price
Mole - Ferraro
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yep. Too bad that point that won’t penetrate some of the thicker skulls here
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”