Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:53 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:26 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:00 am Nick Kypreos and Doug MacLean are leaving Sportsnet
Kypper was moronic for his first decade plus... PCS?

But I'll give him credit, he worked hard and got better and better.

I actually liked him over the last year or so.

He was the only one on Sportsnet with the nads to call a Leaves spade a spade.
Probably why toronto didn't want him there anymore, everyone on tsn and SN has to be a Leaves slurper.
Probably - I found him changing to the point where he actually came across with good comments regardless of the team/player, plus he didn't wear the stupid in fashion suit pants where it looks like you are wearing your older brothers and it does not reach your ankles.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

You cant reach your ankles?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I hope the axe was dull when it fell.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

WARNING; VIOLENT CONTENT.

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, it's not local but sure as hell affects the way we watch much of our sports.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2019/0 ... uture.html
https://torontosportsmedia.com/2019/06/ ... e-layoffs/
Rogers Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc., which generates most of its revenue and profit from its wireless, internet and cable TV services.

According to the most recent Rogers quarterly report issued in April, its media division lost about $84 million over the first three months of this year after excluding taxes and other expense items
Not too sure what the "said" problem is. TSN outperforming them and offering a better sport viewing experience?
Ya; That's gotta be it. :lol:

From a Western Canada standpoint, I was under the impression Sportsnet had made substantial cutbacks over
the last few years.......................................REALLY !
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

micky107 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:56 am .
Well, it's not local but sure as hell affects the way we watch much of our sports.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2019/0 ... uture.html
https://torontosportsmedia.com/2019/06/ ... e-layoffs/
Rogers Media is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rogers Communications Inc., which generates most of its revenue and profit from its wireless, internet and cable TV services.

According to the most recent Rogers quarterly report issued in April, its media division lost about $84 million over the first three months of this year after excluding taxes and other expense items
Not too sure what the "said" problem is. TSN outperforming them and offering a better sport viewing experience?
Ya; That's gotta be it. :lol:

From a Western Canada standpoint, I was under the impression Sportsnet had made substantial cutbacks over
the last few years.......................................REALLY !
After posting in the other thread, I had to double-check - only 6 more years of Rogers' monopoly! :crazy:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Who cares who broadcast the games anymore...theyre all on reddit. Ditching satellite was liberating
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am Who cares who broadcast the games anymore...theyre all on reddit. Ditching satellite was liberating
Are the play by play announcers not the same?

I rarely watch TV anymore except for sports or PPV movies that I would cancel my cable except I have such a hot deal on my home cable/internet/telephone deal that I kept the cable. If for some reason my provider decides to play silly bugger with me I would cut cable all together, just need my sports fix.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:53 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am Who cares who broadcast the games anymore...theyre all on reddit. Ditching satellite was liberating
Are the play by play announcers not the same?

I rarely watch TV anymore except for sports or PPV movies that I would cancel my cable except I have such a hot deal on my home cable/internet/telephone deal that I kept the cable. If for some reason my provider decides to play silly bugger with me I would cut cable all together, just need my sports fix.
You can pick home or away
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TSN: Mike Johnson: Question is if Canucks have sacrificed long-term goal of Cup for short-term goal of playoffs

Johnson says the Canucks are a better team with their offseason additions, but questions how much better and if the club has sacrificed some longer-term goals (a Stanley Cup) in order to make the playoffs sooner.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1357496 .. radio clip.

Also talks about Edmonton's star players not sounding very positive.

I agree, to some degree on his analysis of the Oils but "I" for one, am not enamoured on his scrutiny of what the Canucks have done recently.
It's my opinion that some good ole playoff hockey intensity would #1, be a terrific experience, and #2, you could get on a roll and win the
whole damn thing. However, I'm fine with a second round, hard fought exit this coming year and winning the cup next, all the time,
continuing to refurbish the necessary pieces to continue the dynasty..

and as an aside, >>>>>Rock the F**K on. 8-)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The window to exploit petey and hughes entry level contracts is short. I like the fact that benning is gojng all in on it before we are cash strapped and cant support them properly...like the laughs are right now

We actually have a shot at a run with this lineup (on paper) right now. Whens the last time we could say that
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:13 pm TSN: Mike Johnson: Question is if Canucks have sacrificed long-term goal of Cup for short-term goal of playoffs

Johnson says the Canucks are a better team with their offseason additions, but questions how much better and if the club has sacrificed some longer-term goals (a Stanley Cup) in order to make the playoffs sooner.
I'm not going to listen to the clip but I can state unequivocally there is no way that has a basis in reality...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The price was steep. That said this trade won’t be judged for a while yet. If Millet can score at 50+ point pace and add some versatility to a young team at 5.25 it’s a good deal for Vancouver.

If he scores 30-40 points and pulls a Birdbones and they end up surrendering a top 10 pick in 21 along with a 3rd that’s a bad deal.

Way too soon to judge it yet
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mike Johnson was a terrible hockey player and is even more terrible in the hockey media. I have absolutely zero respect for the douche
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:25 pm Mike Johnson was a terrible hockey player and is even more terrible in the hockey media. I have absolutely zero respect for the douche
He averaged 10 more points a season than Brandon Sutter
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”