Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Even though 1040 is filled with anti-Benning bitchers, Halford and Brough is a good show, don’t mind Sekeres and Price (Price is an idiot but he gets a hall pass) and Pratt keeps the morning show alive. 650 still needs some work

Blob wants Carl Yagro to get him in a headlock
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Halford and Brough are the best show going IMO, but I have to switch it off whenever they bring that wiener Botchford on. I have zero interest in that guy's opinion.

On the plus side, since Botchford left the Province, I can actually read that paper again!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Botchford would be fine if he’d drop the angry yelling and TMZ act. He’s a legend in his own mind.

Halford and Brough are easily the best on that station.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 am Botchford would be fine if he’d drop the angry yelling and TMZ act. He’s a legend in his own mind.

Can't stand him. He comes across like he wants to be bigger than the players. Huge ego on him.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:39 am Botchford would be fine if he’d drop the angry yelling and TMZ act. He’s a legend in his own mind.

Haven’t heard or seen him in years, but I admit his columns are entertaining and far more insider without being a shill like iMac and Kuzma. Kuzma I can take in that he doesn’t go absolutely overboard.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Years ago, Botchford had the coveted position of "The Guy" who flew and rode buses with the team. No doubt plenty of Hotel lobby chat as well.
From what I understand, he eventually pissed off Kevin, one too many times. I think hiss career has been on a downturn ever since. :P
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I don't recall Botchford ever cooking up a rumour that was corroborated by anybody or turned out to be true. I've always figured he's as "insider" as Garrioch, and tries to make himself part of the story.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:34 am Blob wants Carl Yagro to get him in a headlock.
Leglock.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:38 pm Kinda sad when David Pratt being on vacay for a couple of weeks actually makes for a worse show in the AM. Shane Forman, Brook Wart and John “ABS” Abbott is actually worse radio than Pratt and Kurt Apelby
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:53 pm I will say this about alberia...good afternoon hockey talk radio shows in both cities. Bob stauffer in coilerland is good and so is pat steinberg in cowgrease.
micky107 wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 pm
Puck wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:17 pm The Rintoul-Walker program is usually OK, but otherwise 650 is very repetitive and generally not good. Most segments seem to consist of them belabouring their point for 10 minutes too long.
Very true! I agree. Not to mention, they are, and sound like, "The Company".
I don't know anything about any of these clowns except the floppy-shoed Pratt, and only because he used to post here.

I never listen long enough to catch a name because I don't suffer fools gladly...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:26 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:34 am Blob wants Carl Yagro to get him in a headlock.
Leglock.
Yes
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:56 pm
I don't know anything about any of these clowns except the floppy-shoed Pratt, and only because he used to post here.
OK, I've been wondering this for years - is this true? The real, big-fat David Pratt was posting here under his own name?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:56 pm
OK, I've been wondering this for years - is this true? The real, big-fat David Pratt was posting here under his own name?
I don’t think so. But he was a guy that worked for the TEAM back in the day. If I had to guess it was former producer Paul Debron
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

theman wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:40 am

Can't stand him. He comes across like he wants to be bigger than the players. Huge ego on him.
He needs his Twitter fans to validate him constantly, he’s joke, maple leaves fan that likes to stir the shit
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:04 pm
Leglock.
Yes
You wanna scissor with her? You packing a vag blob???
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:41 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:04 pm
Leglock.
Yes
You wanna scissor with her? You packing a vag blob???
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:wow: :crazy: :look:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!