Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:03 pm
nuckster wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:40 pm I really enjoyed Botch, and I'm going to miss him. It's quite sad to see him 'check out' so soon.

Illnesses of the heart can be so fatal. Now that I'm in my 50's, ive lost a few friends because of heart issues. I was fortunate to have had an angiogram and a stent put in just 6 mos ago myself.

Botch wasn't afraid to stick his neck out there re: things he believed to be true. He was insightful, and also had a great sense of humour. The van canuck media world is a little less rich and deep today... feel for his family big time.
RIP Botch
Well said. Botch wasn’t afraid to call out management unlike most of the rest of the media lapdogs in this city.

Not surprising two ancient Elmer loyalists on this board tossed in a couple of smarmy comments. Must suck to get old and bitter. :sly:

Settle down Mr. Sensitive.

I’m not gonna pretend, I didn’t like his schtick. I’m not alone in that department. He wasn’t a true Canuck fan, he even admitted so, being born and raised in Ontario. He got off on stirring the pot and it was getting out of control of late. Him, Patterson, Price, Sekeres, Brough, Halford, Gallagher and Gillis himself have all had an agenda of late that is smarmy and cheap and sour grapes as shit. But like I said, very sad for his family
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:39 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:43 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am That’s awful. Guy is a year younger than me ffs. Had a wife and three kids.....

Was never a huge fan but this is very sad to hear
Fuck eh. Im 47. Scary.

RIP JB
How do you think I feel? LOL

Well, like I'm on borrowed time.
I dunno but i can guess :twisted:
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I agree with Dude. I didn't like his agenda, stir the pot, create controversy where there is none, float gossip as though it were well sourced. While I can get away with that, I never claimed to be a journalist. He was crazy in some of his proposals and commentary at what he wanted us to believe was going on. I won't miss his beat.

But I do feel sad for his family and for a life cut way too short.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I was a bit shocked to hear about Botchford's passing today. I liked him and his work, as I posted some of his scoops here on occasion (ie: Ian Clark's work with the goalies). He's definitely way too young. RIP Botch.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:43 pm
nuckster wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:40 pm I really enjoyed Botch, and I'm going to miss him. It's quite sad to see him 'check out' so soon.

Illnesses of the heart can be so fatal. Now that I'm in my 50's, ive lost a few friends because of heart issues. I was fortunate to have had an angiogram and a stent put in just 6 mos ago myself.

Botch wasn't afraid to stick his neck out there re: things he believed to be true. He was insightful, and also had a great sense of humour. The van canuck media world is a little less rich and deep today... feel for his family big time.
RIP Botch
Well said. Botch wasn’t afraid to call out management unlike most of the rest of the media lapdogs in this city.

Not surprising two ancient Elmer loyalists on this board tossed in a couple of smarmy comments. Must suck to get old and bitter. :sly:

I’m not gonna pretend, I didn’t like his schtick. I’m not alone in that department. He wasn’t a true Canuck fan, he even admitted so, being born and raised in Ontario. He got off on stirring the pot and it was getting out of control of late. Him, Patterson, Price, Sekeres, Brough, Halford, Gallagher and Gillis himself have all had an agenda of late that is smarmy and cheap and sour grapes as shit. But like I said, very sad for his family
Meh unless the media is licking Benning’s pipe along with yourself... you hate them. See no evil hear no evil I guess. You’re not capable of opening your mind.

For the record one poster changed his post. I just don’t get the need to throw rocks at a guy after he died. To each their own.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:31 pm For the record one poster changed his post. I just don’t get the need to throw rocks at a guy after he died. To each their own.
Who?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:25 pm I'm not gonna post all the stuff I'm hearing for Botch just two that caught my eye.
Condolences from Torts of all people this morning at his presser, and Elias Pettersson was, I think, the first Canuck.
Interesting on the players side of things, other than Elias, nobody seems to give a shit. Kinda tells you what they thought of him.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

RIP Botch

Blobs just out here for the “thoughts and prayers”
https://youtu.be/JlTkSPyhT2k
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:31 pm

RIP Botch

Meh unless the media is licking Benning’s pipe along with yourself... you hate them. See no evil hear no evil I guess. You’re not capable of opening your mind.

For the record one poster changed his post. I just don’t get the need to throw rocks at a guy after he died. To each their own.
I know you lost a colleague today Blob, I feel for ya. He was one of your #firebenning Illuminati’s biggest loud mouths but do you have to be so defensive about it?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Shaking my head. Not everything is about GMs or one side or another.
"evolution"
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:36 pm
micky107 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:25 pm I'm not gonna post all the stuff I'm hearing for Botch just two that caught my eye.
Condolences from Torts of all people this morning at his presser, and Elias Pettersson was, I think, the first Canuck.
Interesting on the players side of things, other than Elias, nobody seems to give a shit. Kinda tells you what they thought of him.
Bo RT'd the Petey tweet FWIW.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

It's worth plenty, thanks..
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rede wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:54 pm
Sam Gagner, Eddie Lack and Ty Ronning also tweeted their condolences.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:32 pm Shaking my head. Not everything is about GMs or one side or another.
It is with some of these Neanderthals
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:01 am
Rede wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:54 pm
Sam Gagner, Eddie Lack and Ty Ronning also tweeted their condolences.
I believe he was talking about current Canucks?