Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t mind the Moj, he is actually the one trying to drive the relevant sports talk while all Taylor wants to do is talk Seinfeld, celebrity news, Gene Kininski, New Westminster Salmonbellies lacrosse and all things 1970’s. Taylor needs to remove himself from sports talk, he was done when Sports Page went belly up
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:22 am I don’t mind the Moj, he is actually the one trying to drive the relevant sports talk while all Taylor wants to do is talk Seinfeld, celebrity news, Gene Kininski, New Westminster Salmonbellies lacrosse and all things 1970’s. Taylor needs to remove himself from sports talk, he was done when Sports Page went belly up
:lol: Pretty much!

I was a big fan of Taylor growing up but ever since he lost the sportsnet gig, it's clear his time is up.

1040 really dug themselves a hole by not infusing new talent years ago. They finally got it right last year by swapping their prime time slot to Sekeres and Price but feels too little too late. They lost quite a few people to sportsnet 650 and now they're stuck with the old timers. I still like their guests and Sekeres and Price are great but the rest of it is pretty much unlistenable.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I would imagine TSN 1040 radio is trying immensely to get Mr. Linden to agree to an interview.
He wont though.

At some point, one would think he will speak publicly.
Just a small speech, no Q & A.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jesus is that John Abbott tool going to be the replacement for Bro Jake in the morning slot? That guy is bloody awful. That station is devoid of on air talent. They had Farhan Lalji on and he wasn’t bad. But seriously the Kurtenbloggers suck shit, Taylor and Marjanovich are bad and Sekeres and Price are brutal. Sekeres a few weeks ago bragged how broke up a fist fight at a bar and had a guy in each arm in a headlock “just to chill them out”. Sure you did.

And what the fuck is with that morning producer Curt Appelby? He talks like he’s 14 and he looks like he’s 60. He may take the cake as the biggest knob on that station and that’s saying something

The guys on 650 on the other hand are pretty good since they gave Bumface Darling the hook and minimized Myra Lawrence. Satiar Shah is one of the best in the business. I don’t mind Perry Solkowsi and Scott Rintoul and Dan Riccio are decent. Even Randip Janda is ok.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

What about big Bert Tuesday mornings?
kidding...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:31 am What about big Bert Tuesday mornings?
kidding...
I like listening to Bertuzzi. Another guy I like hearing is Shane O’Brien
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

and he's still playing !
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I agree Blob, Satiar is the king of the hill now, the guy is good. The rest? Drain the swamp, I don’t mind Halford and Brough, but they are heavily influenced by the 5 biggest panty buncher, moaners on radio - Sekeres, Price, Patterson, Botchford and Ward.

I can’t listen to Taylor anymore, he simply phones it in, move on Donny, you don’t care anymore, at least the Moj tries. Pratt strangely enough I don’t mind now

650 is better, I find I’m listening to the more than 1040. Don’t mind Farhan, Perry, Rintoul.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Anybody hear rumblings botchford is going to toronto? He’ll finally get to cover his favourite team.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 am Anybody hear rumblings botchford is going to toronto? He’ll finally get to cover his favourite team.
Is the city big enough for his ego?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Canucks never shoulda let him travel with the team years ago.
Ego city.
"evolution"
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 am Anybody hear rumblings botchford is going to toronto? He’ll finally get to cover his favourite team.
If it happens, it will be a great day in Vancouver Media
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I don’t have time to listen to the radio these days, too busy playing Fortnite.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:56 pm I don’t have time to listen to the radio these days, too busy playing Fortnite.
I like to call it fartnite, my kid thinks it’s dumb when I call it that
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Botch leaving for the centre of the universe is best bit of news I've heard today. Fantastic. Maybe him and ole Paddy can hook up.